Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GLF wrote: View Post
    I don't if any of you guys have seen those tweets from a guy named Greg Brady who I believe works for the Fan 590. His handle is @gregbradyTO. Well anyway he's tweeting about how the Raps have tried to get Kawhi to talk to the media many times before Media Day and Kawhi will not budge. He also says the organization is obviously not happy with this and anyone making it seem like their relationship is going well is lying. And theres slight concern that he may not show up for Media day or preseason. I don't know how credible this guy is. I was wondering if any knows or if you guys think this is worrisome?

    I personally don't care about him staying past this year because I never thought he would but I really want him to at least play this year and play hard. Give me one last good season before everything goes to shit lol. I was confident that would happen just a week ago, now I don't know.
    That's exactly what I was referring to in the post above. I'm pretty worried. The only reason I'm not very worried is because he's not an ironclad source.

    Comment


    • Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
      The Jimmy Butler stuff and the media day with Kawhi not happening today, have people speculating.
      The timing of it all is concerning. Hopefully the Clippers aren't going to end up with both before the season starts.

      Comment


      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        The timing of it all is concerning. Hopefully the Clippers aren't going to end up with both before the season starts.
        Clips don't have the assets to do it, and I don't think either team is going to accommodate such a request.

        I just don't see Kawhi working with the Raptors coaches in the offseason if the plan was to bail. He could have just said he wants to do his own program with his own people.

        Comment


        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          The timing of it all is concerning. Hopefully the Clippers aren't going to end up with both before the season starts.
          i dont think so


          but its definitely not a fun feeling...

          i am just kind of curious how Kawhi really truly feels like his brand will grow whether it be here or in LA...

          he has kind of screw himself over from that stand point because he hasn't really been the most vocal person. Brands like ppl who show boat and who are loud.... Not in an obnoxious way.


          Dude is honestly a little weird with how little he speaks and has to say. Thats why its so strange that he wants to be in "LA" to grow his brand be cause he doesn't ever tweet or post on instagram or anything. The dude is basically a ghost. I think he is a great player but marketing wise...

          Comment


          • GLF wrote: View Post
            I don't if any of you guys have seen those tweets from a guy named Greg Brady who I believe works for the Fan 590. His handle is @gregbradyTO. Well anyway he's tweeting about how the Raps have tried to get Kawhi to talk to the media many times before Media Day and Kawhi will not budge. He also says the organization is obviously not happy with this and anyone making it seem like their relationship is going well is lying. And theres slight concern that he may not show up for Media day or preseason. I don't know how credible this guy is. I was wondering if any knows or if you guys think this is worrisome?

            I personally don't care about him staying past this year because I never thought he would but I really want him to at least play this year and play hard. Give me one last good season before everything goes to shit lol. I was confident that would happen just a week ago, now I don't know.

            I checked it out and stopped reading when the reporter, in his own words, called his own tweets: "informed opinion & speculation". Not much different than us RR posters throwing sh*t against the wall to see if it sticks.


            Comment


            • Yeah don't care about that. If Shams or Woj start saying things are bad then welp.

              Comment


              • Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                Clips don't have the assets to do it, and I don't think either team is going to accommodate such a request.

                I just don't see Kawhi working with the Raptors coaches in the offseason if the plan was to bail. He could have just said he wants to do his own program with his own people.
                Actually, they do.

                Comment


                • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  Actually, they do.
                  Walk me through the hypothetical deals the Clippers are giving to the Wolves and Raptors.

                  Comment


                  • Brady makes some interesting points.

                    We all follow this team very closely, and whenever a high profile player is added to the roster, there is ALWAYS a media session that follows. So, we can safely assume Masai would've wanted to do the same with Kawhi and Green. The fact that this hasn't happened yet can only mean that Kawhi's camp is calling the shots. And I can't see that sitting well with Masai.
                    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Sep 21, 2018, 10:31 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Brady makes some interesting points.

                      We all follow this team very closely, and whenever a high profile player is added to the roster, there is ALWAYS a media session that follows. So, we can safely assume Masai would've wanted to do the same with Kawhi and Green. The fact that this happened yet can only mean that Kawhi's camp is calling the shots. And I can't see that sitting well with Masai.
                      Nah, trends are changing quickly league wide. A lot of teams are foregoing the summer press intros. DeMar didn't do one, LeBron didn't even do one and he was a free agent, not a trade.

                      I'm sure they wanted to schedule a press thing for Friday. They tried, probably to allow Kawhi to get that out of the way so it didn't consume media day if he preferred that, which apparently he didn't. But I also don't think anyone is remotely worried about it being re-scheduled.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment






                      • So it was just pushed to Monday.. which I thought we already knew. I think Greg Brady should just stick to covering hockey.

                        Comment


                        • Anyone listening to Greg Brady is dumber for the experience. Do not do it.

                          He's taken Grange's report (which was correctly reported - that there were tentative plans to hold a PC today and they fell through to Monday, and no one cares) and completely made up the rest.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                            Walk me through the hypothetical deals the Clippers are giving to the Wolves and Raptors.
                            Tobias Harris and SGA to Toronto for Kawhi. If he tells us he's not playing there's no way we reject that and tbh we probably get offered less.

                            Thibodeau reportedly doesn't want a rebuilding package. Could do Gallinari and Avery Bradley and eat Dieng's contract.

                            Comment


                            • Hey, we didn't have a press conference for Greg Monroe! What are we going to do? Is he even going to show up for training camp?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • A guy who you never heard of got clicks on twitter and you know time of his radio show. Mission accomplished
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X