Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Masai did a press conference with Cory Joseph.

But yeah let's make stuff up instead.
    Was Cory not a free-agent signing? Masai has never held a press conference for a trade, and I can't even think back to Denver -- did he hold one for Chandler/Gallo?

Listen, guys. Despite them talking about their situations, there has been no "formal" introduction from LeBron, DeMar, etc. I'm not worried. If he no-shows to media day, where there are media obligations, then there's a story, and a big, big deal.

Kyle Lowry isn't even in town yet according to all the other reporters.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Like I said, after Grange's tweet I'm good with this until Monday.

It's a forum it's valid to bring up concerns based on the information we have.

Comment

Masai did a press conference with Cory Joseph.

But yeah let's make stuff up instead.
        Who we signed as a free agent. Yeah, I know. He's done lots of press conferences with free agent signings.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Green is not in town either yet, he just recorded a podcast in Halifax earlier this week. Most of the vets appear to be reporting in on media day. JV was asked to report early, which makes me a little excited about his usage this coming season. But otherwise it looks like mostly the young guys. I think Miles might be in town, not sure if he's practicing with guys yet.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Like I said, after Grange's tweet I'm good with this until Monday.

It's a forum it's valid to bring up concerns based on the information we have.
            Sure, except the whole thing was this guy riffing on Grange's initial report that the press conference had gotten re-scheduled, which was a one line throwaway in a bigger piece because its not a big deal and never was. Grange shouldn't need to repeat that on Twitter to not take freaking Greg Brady seriously.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Green is not in town either yet, he just recorded a podcast in Halifax earlier this week. Most of the vets appear to be reporting in on media day. JV was asked to report early, which makes me a little excited about his usage this coming season. But otherwise it looks like mostly the young guys. I think Miles might be in town, not sure if he's practicing with guys yet.
              Last I saw, funny enough, he was working out in Texas, probably the Spurs' facility. Was coming off pylon "screens" with the Spurs' logo on it and taking catch-&-shoot threes.

I'm excited about JV reporting in on Sep. 15; wasn't it also mentioned that he had asked for the rest of the guys to come in at the same time? Might have more of a leadership role this year with DeMar gone. He's and Lowry are now the only guys to be on the team since 2013.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                Last I saw, funny enough, he was working out in Texas, probably the Spurs' facility. Was coming off pylon "screens" with the Spurs' logo on it and taking catch-&-shoot threes.

I'm excited about JV reporting in on Sep. 15; wasn't it also mentioned that he had asked for the rest of the guys to come in at the same time? Might have more of a leadership role this year with DeMar gone. He's and Lowry are now the only guys to be on the team since 2013.
                Nurse may have asked guys to come in on September 15th but really has no say. Paychecks start when camp does. It's in the CBA and if I was Kawhi I wouldn't show up that early either. Hes not a siakam or van vleet trying to build chemistry for super bench, hes just gonna show up, punch the clock, kick ass and chew bubblegum
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Green is not in town either yet, he just recorded a podcast in Halifax earlier this week. Most of the vets appear to be reporting in on media day. JV was asked to report early, which makes me a little excited about his usage this coming season. But otherwise it looks like mostly the young guys. I think Miles might be in town, not sure if he's practicing with guys yet.
                  OMG. Danny Green's rejecting us now. It's contagious. I knew he was sounding too good to be true. Damn you, Masai.

Comment

I personally assumed everyone had been asked to report in then, but that was based on a) the solid report that JV had been asked to skip his national team's September appearances to show up early and b) a more fuzzy throwaway line in a Kawhi article that said he was expected in town on the 15th, but I'm not sure if that report was conflating the JV report with all players being in. So it was likely misinformation to one degree or another.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Hes not a siakam or van vleet trying to build chemistry for super bench, hes just gonna show up, punch the clock, kick ass and chew bubblegum
                      And I heard the Raptors are all out of Bubblegum.

Comment

I personally assumed everyone had been asked to report in then, but that was based on a) the solid report that JV had been asked to skip his national team's September appearances to show up early and b) a more fuzzy throwaway line in a Kawhi article that said he was expected in town on the 15th, but I'm not sure if that report was conflating the JV report with all players being in. So it was likely misinformation to one degree or another.
                        I think the wording was taken too much into detail, "throwaway line" as you said. I remember it was "Leonard is set to report..." I thought it was interesting because we rarely hear about guys coming in early, unless they're the young guys of the roster.

No one else confirmed that Kawhi was set to report, and most of the Sep. 15 check-in was about Valanciunas, with more emphasis on him missing Lithuania appearances with his focus on the Raptors this year.

I think this is being made to be a bigger deal than it is. Fans are being overly-cautious, which, again, like I've mentioned before, is totally fine. It's completely new territory, considering Kawhi is also a man of his own rules.

Comment

I think the wording was taken too much into detail, "throwaway line" as you said. I remember it was "Leonard is set to report..." I thought it was interesting because we rarely hear about guys coming in early, unless they're the young guys of the roster.

No one else confirmed that Kawhi was set to report, and most of the Sep. 15 check-in was about Valanciunas, with more emphasis on him missing Lithuania appearances with his focus on the Raptors this year.

I think this is being made to be a bigger deal than it is. Fans are being overly-cautious, which, again, like I've mentioned before, is totally fine. It's completely new territory, considering Kawhi is also a man of his own rules.
                          The casual fan isnt used to this. Casual fan wants a smiling Leonard beaming from ear to ear in the press room conference and talking about being excited to join this Raptors team.

The more informed fan understands that this is an unusual relationship and circumstances that needs to be cultivated and smoothed out. We need to be more patient while understanding it could be a bit rocky at the beginning and trusting Masai is the key here.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            The casual fan isnt used to this. Casual fan wants a smiling Leonard beaming from ear to ear in the press room conference and talking about being excited to join this Raptors team.

The more informed fan understands that this is an unusual relationship and circumstances that needs to be cultivated and smoothed out. We need to be more patient while understanding it could be a bit rocky at the beginning and trusting Masai is the key here.
                            Lots of pins and needles in this thread over the last day I see . Has anyone considered that KL maybe right now cuddled up somewhere in Toronto already, reading RR and going... Damn, I have some fans here! The man is just not interested in being your normal NBA star extrovert. It's upto us to adjust or else...

Comment

• For our sakes, I hope he’d be saying “I have some fans here!” - and not “what a pack of worrywart b**ches...” ha

(Just jokes — much respect, fam)

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Lots of pins and needles in this thread over the last day I see . Has anyone considered that KL maybe right now cuddled up somewhere in Toronto already, reading RR and going... Damn, I have some fans here! The man is just not interested in being your normal NBA star extrovert. It's upto us to adjust or else...
                                "We are not Bruce Bowen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X