Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    I have always been a Kyle Lowry fan ... since his Memphis days and then wishing when he was in Houston if the Raptors could make a trade for him ...when there was a question about who was going to win the pg position there between Dragic and he. Then his blowup with McHale occurred and I started to doubt his attitude ...but not his basketball chops. Glad he came here but those questions lingered and the abrasiveness but never his talent. But it could be that very quality which makes him play bigger than he is (sorry about the cliche).

Then I read this piece that he penned (at least he had a lot to do with the content) and it reminded me of the complexities of one's life's experiences which contribute to the subject being discussed. In KL's personality is embedded a trust deficiency it seems. We may have a personal view (from afar/arm's length) but never really know what makes him tick.

As far as I am concerned I hope he overcomes the loss of his friend DD from the team and the transition with a new coach and a superior talent like Kawhi as well does not pose any issues from a personality standpoint.

For anyone doubting KL, have a read if you had not already ( dated Feb '16)

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...s-nba-all-star
    Great article. Read it a couple years ago
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      You taking that call ? or deal with it later...
      But thats your sister. Big difference. I get along well with my coworkers some have been very good friends but Im not gonna be pouting if I cant work with them anymore. My best friend in the world I just saw this summer first time in 8 years because he moved so far. He didnt think about me when he made the move and of course he shouldnt. I didnt say no stay bossom buddy! Lol.

Man up its 8 months of basketball its basketball season. Lowry and DD have four months to go to the fair and take a ride on the ferris wheel together or share popcorn at a movie. Please

Comment

I have always been a Kyle Lowry fan ... since his Memphis days and then wishing when he was in Houston if the Raptors could make a trade for him ...when there was a question about who was going to win the pg position there between Dragic and he. Then his blowup with McHale occurred and I started to doubt his attitude ...but not his basketball chops. Glad he came here but those questions lingered and the abrasiveness but never his talent. But it could be that very quality which makes him play bigger than he is (sorry about the cliche).

Then I read this piece that he penned (at least he had a lot to do with the content) and it reminded me of the complexities of one's life's experiences which contribute to the subject being discussed. In KL's personality is embedded a trust deficiency it seems. We may have a personal view (from afar/arm's length) but never really know what makes him tick.

As far as I am concerned I hope he overcomes the loss of his friend DD from the team and the transition with a new coach and a superior talent like Kawhi as well does not pose any issues from a personality standpoint.

Great find ....

Theres another one out there detailing a bit of an epiphany he had courtesy of Ujiri. Paraphrased its Ujirii telling him that his attitude would govern whether or not he would get a role as an assistant or in an organization if he wanted one post his playing career... or would he be on the other side of a closed shut door. That was before his 3 year bridge deal and the gigantic one he just signed.
        Can't find it... but its a look into how obstinate he can be...It what makes him the competitor that he is on the floor and the prickly SOB he can be in a presser.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 25, 2018, 07:09 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Yes great article!

Comment

• Kyle Lowry always brings it. Now that he doesn't have to be the best player in the playoffs, he should love his new role.

Comment

• Lol...Kawhi speaks!

Just watched an interview on NBA Tv's program on training camp coverage. He was much more articulate than yesterday ...said all the right things. The Raps coverage will be on at 10.30 (this was the NBA crew).

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                So we're in on agreement on that. Golden, the miraculous overnight basketball millionaire, standing at 5'9, scouting report: uncoordinated, should probably answer his boss ujiri when he calls

Lowry, the 13 year vet with 200 million career earnings can probably get away with swiping the ignore option on his phone
                lol. You are so wrong there, Keon. I'm 5' 11" and 1/16th (without shoes) and semi-coordinated. You're talking about a 2-sport athlete who was MVP of Canlan Ice Sports Tuesday night "D" division men's league (about 10 years ago).

But seriously, there are lots of situations where any of us can "get away" with being an immature ass, but that doesn't mean we should. Lowry apologists are out in full force, I see. It has nothing to do with the press conferences. If the reports are true that he went out of his way to avoid Nurse or Ujiri, then that's borderline toxic.

Comment

How have I not seen that article before? Thanks Bendit. Great piece. It makes me even more confident that Kyle and Kawhi are going to mesh like peanut butter and jam.
                  Last edited by Puffer; Tue Sep 25, 2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    No that's exactly what I would do, because if somebody actually paid me $30M to play basketball, I would be robbing them blind and laughing all the way to the bank. Hell, the fringe benefits alone are something that can't even be bought.
                    So are you determined right now? If you are just slacking off now at what you do, you wouldn't have the mindset to do what you claim even if you were in an athletes situation.

Comment

• Nice meme:

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Nice meme:

Cool thing is that Kawhi has increased his marketability by 10000% after only 1 day here. We make it to the Finals and he’ll be a household name. And it’s all being linked to him in a Raptors jersey.

Comment

lol. You are so wrong there, Keon. I'm 5' 11" and 1/16th (without shoes) and semi-coordinated. You're talking about a 2-sport athlete who was MVP of Canlan Ice Sports Tuesday night "D" division men's league (about 10 years ago).

But seriously, there are lots of situations where any of us can "get away" with being an immature ass, but that doesn't mean we should. Lowry apologists are out in full force, I see. It has nothing to do with the press conferences. If the reports are true that he went out of his way to avoid Nurse or Ujiri, then that's borderline toxic.
                          Okay, let's not get carried away here. The report (singular) is that according to "league sources" (which again I can't even imagine who or what those would be, as a Raptors member would be a team source, so it's like some other GM or agent guessing this?) Lowry ducked calls from the front office.

One report. With an awful source. That could easily have mangled a totally innocent statement (Lowry just wasn't in contact versus actively ducked the calls). And the worst case scenario is just Lowry exercising his rights in the off-season. He has an agent that management can talk to whenever they want.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Okay, let's not get carried away here. The report (singular) is that according to "league sources" (which again I can't even imagine who or what those would be, as a Raptors member would be a team source, so it's like some other GM or agent guessing this?) Lowry ducked calls from the front office.

One report. With an awful source. That could easily have mangled a totally innocent statement (Lowry just wasn't in contact versus actively ducked the calls). And the worst case scenario is just Lowry exercising his rights in the off-season. He has an agent that management can talk to whenever they want.
                            Like I said, I'm caveating this whole report with a big "IF true." But if true, then Lowry's being an immature ass, which is completely unacceptable for the defacto leader of this team / face of the franchise. The most interesting thing is how his supporters have come out in full force to defend him, even if true, with the "...well that's just Lowry." Salty media interviews aren't the issue here, it's avoiding Nurse and Ujiri that would be disturbing, IF true.

Comment

• People freaking out over Lowry is ridiculous. I have been very happy with how he has handled these first couple days back. The guy said he wants to win a championship here and will continue to ride or die for his teammates. All he did was protect Demar's dignity when he avoided certain questions. And I respect that. Has nothing to do with his continued loyalty to the raps. He has appeared to be in good spirits in multiple interviews, joking around and overall pretty jovial. I was one of the people worried about how he would react but man people are reaching pretty hard.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Like I said, I'm caveating this whole report with a big "IF true." But if true, then Lowry's being an immature ass, which is completely unacceptable for the defacto leader of this team / face of the franchise. The most interesting thing is how his supporters have come out in full force to defend him, even if true, with the "...well that's just Lowry." Salty media interviews aren't the issue here, it's avoiding Nurse and Ujiri that would be disturbing, IF true.
                                Has nothing to do with being a Lowry supporter. We are going by what we see and hear not "if trues"

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X