Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Like I said, I'm caveating this whole report with a big "IF true." But if true, then Lowry's being an immature ass, which is completely unacceptable for the defacto leader of this team / face of the franchise. The most interesting thing is how his supporters have come out in full force to defend him, even if true, with the "...well that's just Lowry." Salty media interviews aren't the issue here, it's avoiding Nurse and Ujiri that would be disturbing, IF true.
    Do we have any evidence whatsoever that Lowry has ever NOT avoided coaches and management in the summer? Everything he's said publicly has represented his actions this summer as typical for him, nothing I've seen in his interviews has surprised me in the least so I am inclined to believe that representation...

That's what I'm saying. Why is that disturbing?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Do we have any evidence whatsoever that Lowry has ever NOT avoided coaches and management in the summer? Everything he's said publicly has represented his actions this summer as typical for him, nothing I've seen in his interviews has surprised me in the least so I am inclined to believe that representation...

That's what I'm saying. Why is that disturbing?
      Well, there you go. So, it's okay in your books for Lowry to be an immature ass, even if the reports are true because "he's probably always been an immature ass". That sounds almost like a Chr1s1anL can-do-no-wrong-in-my-eyes level of devotion and bias.

Comment

• The problem is where these “league sources” came from. It definitely can’t be Masai or Nurse, the 2 people who have been trying to contact Lowry apparently. If its any outside source, you have to question its credibility.

Lowry even said so himself, he isolates himself during the off season. This off season is just being looked through a magnifying glass because his close friend got traded.

I’ll give Lowry the benefit of the doubt until we hear something more than just a tweet.

Comment

• I like that Kawhi is focused on getting back his rhythm on defence more than offence (as per transcript after practice on opening page). It's great for our young players to learn early in training camp where the focus needs to be. Learning from Kawhi is the equivalent of JV working with Olajuwan on post moves or DeMar working with Kobe. I hope the young guys are soaking the knowledge and mindset in.

Comment

• You guys still going on about Lowry "dodging calls".

The guy is an ass. No if's and's or but's about it. But he's not a thug/lowlife. His family has grounded him and you can see that transformation over the years.

As long as he helps us win games I don't really care if he's an ass or not.

Comment

Well, there you go. So, it's okay in your books for Lowry to be an immature ass, even if the reports are true because "he's probably always been an immature ass". That sounds almost like a Chr1s1anL can-do-no-wrong-in-my-eyes level of devotion and bias.
              I'm not saying it's OK. I'm making no judgment on his being an immature ass being a good or bad thing. I'm saying he's always been an immature ass, so why would this create new problems when it hasn't before?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                You guys still going on about Lowry "dodging calls".

The guy is an ass. No if's and's or but's about it. But he's not a thug/lowlife. His family has grounded him and you can see that transformation over the years.

As long as he helps us win games I don't really care if he's an ass or not.
                Exactly Kobe and mj were asses. Same with Mario lemieux Barry bonds and Tom Brady. Aloof. Abrasive. It's never been a requirement in sports to be nice.

I'm already sick of training camp. We need games to talk about
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Also to be clear, Lowry is only abrasive with the media. There have been no teammate complaints about him like you heard about Kobe.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Exactly Kobe and mj were asses. Same with Mario lemieux Barry bonds and Tom Brady. Aloof. Abrasive. It's never been a requirement in sports to be nice.

I'm already sick of training camp. We need games to talk about
                    MJ, Kobe, Mario & Brady could back it up in the playoffs. I can tolerate that attitude in that case. If Lowry could carry a team in the playoffs, Masai wouldn't have sacrificed his bestie.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Also to be clear, Lowry is only abrasive with the media. There have been no teammate complaints about him like you heard about Kobe.
                      Or cheating on his wife like Kobe. Or owing gambling sharks like Michael

In fact you could research all the way back to high school Lowry has never been in trouble for a damn thing. Him being hard headed is his gift and his curse. But its hardly worth making a mountain out of a mole hill

Comment

MJ, Kobe, Mario & Brady could back it up in the playoffs. I can tolerate that attitude in that case. If Lowry could carry a team in the playoffs, Masai wouldn't have sacrificed his bestie.
                        They're also better than Lowry so there's that. I'm confident now that his running mate is a former finals MVP rather than Mr empty the clip he will look much more like a playoff performer

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          They're also better than Lowry so there's that. I'm confident now that his running mate is a former finals MVP rather than Mr empty the clip he will look much more like a playoff performer
                          That's kind of the point. IF true, Lowry just ain't good enough to "get away" with being an immature ass, like those legit GOATs. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as those guys. And as we all know, Lowry's been historically bad in the playoffs at times. He's still got a whole lot to prove, and even if he does it will be as a distant second banana.

Comment

That's kind of the point. IF true, Lowry just ain't good enough to "get away" with being an immature ass, like those legit GOATs. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as those guys. And as we all know, Lowry's been historically bad in the playoffs at times. He's still got a whole lot to prove, and even if he does it will be as a distant second banana.
                            Lowry's been a terrible shooter at times (specifically, when he's been injured) in the playoffs. He's also been the best playoff performer (outside of JV going nuts sometimes) on the team over this entire stretch even with the poor shooting. And this year he shot the roof off while still being the biggest reason for what success they had in the playoffs.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Your skill shouldn't decide what kind of person you're allowed to be. Hes 32 years old this is who he is. Colangelo knew who he was trading for. Ujiri knew who he was re signing.

It's ok to just end the beating around the Bush and say you dont like his personality. I love it. You take the good with the bad with somebody as determined as he is. Hes got that gary payton.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X