Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Butler's eyes/body language probably also helped tip him.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • S.R. wrote: View Post
      Yeah he knew exactly what was happening, a bounce pass to a back door cut. That's a pretty basic play so not crazy to identify it on that level, what is crazy is to read and react to it fast enough to be able to dive and actually steal the ball in time.
      How awkward would it have been, had Kawhi guessed wrong, and the pass was never made, lol.

      Comment


      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
        How awkward would it have been, had Kawhi guessed wrong, and the pass was never made, lol.
        That's exactly my point. Like how do you anticipate that was a bounce pass and not a lob. Dude actually dived on the floor not ever seeing the ball?! That's some next level, god mode stuff right there.

        Comment


        • It's mindboggling to me that by game 7 we're literally going to run out of ways to describe how good he is. That includes both Oxford & Urban dictionaries.

          Comment


          • Beneperez wrote: View Post
            It's mindboggling to me that by game 7 we're literally going to run out of ways to describe how good he is. That includes both Oxford & Urban dictionaries.
            We can make up new words when that happens.

            Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • LJ2 wrote: View Post
              That's exactly my point. Like how do you anticipate that was a bounce pass and not a lob. Dude actually dived on the floor not ever seeing the ball?! That's some next level, god mode stuff right there.
              I jumped out of my seat. Alas, not many others in the arena did.

              It was like watching a safety make a crazy interception in football, or Pillar make one of his superman catches for the Jays. Flat out nuts.

              Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Beneperez wrote: View Post
                It's mindboggling to me that by game 7 we're literally going to run out of ways to describe how good he is. That includes both Oxford & Urban dictionaries.
                Kawhi lit yo, game on fleek
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I jumped out of my seat. Alas, not many others in the arena did.



                  Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                  Did anybody? I ask that question honestly. I'm a simple western Canadian bumpkin who's never had the chance to see a professional regular season game live. Do you notice any of the fans around you appreciating the little things, like understanding how good Kawhi and Kyle are BESIDES scoring?
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • Beneperez wrote: View Post
                    It's mindboggling to me that by game 7 we're literally going to run out of ways to describe how good he is. That includes both Oxford & Urban dictionaries.
                    "Kawhi being Kawhi"

                    Comment


                    • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      That look on Kate Beirness' face, lol

                      He just played around with Butler and Okogie all damn game. It was so... weird. It was weird having a guy down the stretch where I don't feel all that nervous when the ball is in his hands.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Did anybody? I ask that question honestly. I'm a simple western Canadian bumpkin who's never had the chance to see a professional regular season game live. Do you notice any of the fans around you appreciating the little things, like understanding how good Kawhi and Kyle are BESIDES scoring?
                        Lol yes there are some good fans, but it's definitely not the majority. I was definitely the loudest person at times just because I would cheer or heckle something others may not notice or care about.

                        That's just the way the cookie crumbles for live sports in general. Most people paying to see any game are on the more casual side, at least in terms of understanding the game.

                        Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Did anybody? I ask that question honestly. I'm a simple western Canadian bumpkin who's never had the chance to see a professional regular season game live. Do you notice any of the fans around you appreciating the little things, like understanding how good Kawhi and Kyle are BESIDES scoring?
                          Depends where you sit. I've found the higher up the better the fans. That being said, the later in the season the better the crowd is. No matter what though, there are always a few fans around you that get it.

                          Comment


                          • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Lol yes there are some good fans, but it's definitely not the majority. I was definitely the loudest person at times just because I would cheer or heckle something others may not notice or care about.

                            That's just the way the cookie crumbles for live sports in general. Most people paying to see any game are on the more casual side, at least in terms of understanding the game.

                            Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                            Lower bowl and court side has become corporate. I see people there on the phone throughout the game as if they are in a coffee shop. If I ever had the chance to seat courtside, I don't think I would be able to sit down throughout the game, probably talk some shit to the opposition players.

                            Comment


                            • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Lower bowl and court side has become corporate. I see people there on the phone throughout the game as if they are in a coffee shop. If I ever had the chance to seat courtside, I don't think I would be able to sit down throughout the game, probably talk some shit to the opposition players.
                              It's always been "corporate".

                              It got a bit "better" when we sucked post-Bosh because seats were available and cheaper. But you would have nothing to really cheer for. *And honestly just a guess here, because lord knows I went to no games at that time.

                              I went to a ton of games in the Carter era, and the lower bowl was at least as corporate as it is now, if not more so because bball in general was still not a hugely popular sport in Canada.

                              Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Oct 25th, 2018, 02:33 PM.

                              Comment


                              • i will admit... i knew he would be good but I had my reservations... but dang... and we are just that much better.... danny green also helps so much... but even without him kawhi is nutty.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X