Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Its not like he chosen this. This was the Raptors higher ups decision, maybe he isn't 100% still and they are being cautious. As long as he plays like 70 games and ready to go at the playoffs then I am good.
    Sure, it's fine. It's just like - who makes that decision if not Kawhi + the training staff? And why?

    He's basically proven he's (for nba intents and purposes) 100%. Really seems like he's being treated with kid gloves. I just hope he appreciates being treated with kid gloves, otherwise it seems like a waste and counter-productive.

    But maybe I'm just overly used to pounding the rock and trying to win every possible regular season game. I don't know. Definitely not the end of the world.

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Sure, it's fine. It's just like - who makes that decision if not Kawhi + the training staff? And why?

      He's basically proven he's (for nba intents and purposes) 100%. Really seems like he's being treated with kid gloves. I just hope he appreciates being treated with kid gloves, otherwise it seems like a waste and counter-productive.

      But maybe I'm just overly used to pounding the rock and trying to win every possible regular season game. I don't know. Definitely not the end of the world.
      It's all about his injury and we've been given next to no details on it or on the team's strategy for monitoring it, but the type of tendon injury he was diagnosed with is usually caused by overuse and the primary recourse is to reduce use.

      What we really have no idea of is timelines - is this temporary, the first couple months, the full year...?
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

      Comment


      • S.R. wrote: View Post
        It's all about his injury and we've been given next to no details on it or on the team's strategy for monitoring it, but the type of tendon injury he was diagnosed with is usually caused by overuse and the primary recourse is to reduce use.

        What we really have no idea of is timelines - is this temporary, the first couple months, the full year...?
        My guess is the 2nd medical opinion team that Kawhi sought out in SA which caused the friction with the team's medical original diagnosis is actually working with the Raptors medical staff instead of being looked upon with distrust. Masai is playing ball here, which my guess is part of Kawhi trade agreement to come here.

        Comment


        • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Sure, it's fine. It's just like - who makes that decision if not Kawhi + the training staff? And why?

          He's basically proven he's (for nba intents and purposes) 100%. Really seems like he's being treated with kid gloves. I just hope he appreciates being treated with kid gloves, otherwise it seems like a waste and counter-productive.

          But maybe I'm just overly used to pounding the rock and trying to win every possible regular season game. I don't know. Definitely not the end of the world.
          So.... imagine a scenario where Kawhi is banged up heading into the playoffs. We'll suck and Kawhi will walk. The entire gamble blows up in our face. Even a 70 win regular season will mean nothing if Kawhi isn't in top shape for the playoffs.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            So.... imagine a scenario where Kawhi is banged up heading into the playoffs. We'll suck and Kawhi will walk. The entire gamble blows up in our face. Even a 70 win regular season will mean nothing if Kawhi isn't in top shape for the playoffs.
            I get it. It's just...odd.

            Comment


            • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Sure, it's fine. It's just like - who makes that decision if not Kawhi + the training staff? And why?

              He's basically proven he's (for nba intents and purposes) 100%. Really seems like he's being treated with kid gloves. I just hope he appreciates being treated with kid gloves, otherwise it seems like a waste and counter-productive.

              But maybe I'm just overly used to pounding the rock and trying to win every possible regular season game. I don't know. Definitely not the end of the world.
              I think you are just used to DeMar, who was basically an iron man and rarely missed games. It's hard to build rhythm with all these players being in and out of the line-up...not just Kawhi. It's early though, and lots of time in the season for them to hit their stride.

              My only concern here is that yeah sure you get a healthy Kawhi for the playoffs, but what shape will the rest of the team be in? Most notably Lowry.

              Comment


              • I really really hope Kawhi let's us give him 200 million dollars

                Comment


                • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I think you are just used to DeMar, who was basically an iron man and rarely missed games. It's hard to build rhythm with all these players being in and out of the line-up...not just Kawhi. It's early though, and lots of time in the season for them to hit their stride.

                  My only concern here is that yeah sure you get a healthy Kawhi for the playoffs, but what shape will the rest of the team be in? Most notably Lowry.
                  When we play the shitty teams we can rest Lowry and Ibaka a little more... even kawhi...

                  Comment




                  • Not sure if it got embeded properly but skip to 5:50 to see Kawhi interviewed. This is not the same guy I was told he was. And he certainly does not seem like the guy I was told about that did not want to play in Toronto according to ESPN sources.

                    Comment




                    • wouldn't say he was furious but definitely told him to wake the fuck up lol
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                      Comment


                      • MixxAOR wrote: View Post


                        wouldn't say he was furious but definitely told him to wake the fuck up lol
                        Ya, I'm fine with this. I think holding guys accountable like this, and ensuring that they learn from mistakes is key here, and having our leaders on the team, rather than just the coach, do that is especially key.
                        Last edited by Joey; Wed Oct 31st, 2018, 09:07 AM.

                        Comment


                        • MixxAOR wrote: View Post


                          wouldn't say he was furious but definitely told him to wake the fuck up lol
                          We need to trade Pascal. He makes Kawhi unhappy.

                          Comment


                          • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            We need to trade Pascal. He makes Kawhi unhappy.
                            Lol Nah, I think it shows he cares.

                            Comment


                            • Joey wrote: View Post
                              Ya, I'm fine with this. I think holding guys accountable like this, and ensuring that they learn from mistakes is key here, and having our leaders on the team, rather than just the coach, do that is especially key.
                              Right? Also Pascal had been doing a good job of playing controlled recently but he was a bit wild again last night with a few plays like this (Gets the steal! Runs down the court 4 on 1! Makes the worst possible pass attempt while taking steps + totally out of control annnnd turnover. Excited Pascal in a nutshell.). He needs to be coached through it and your vets play a role in that.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment


                              • And, I mean, it worked, right? Pascal settled down a bit after that, but was still really active.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X