Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S.R. wrote: View Post
    Masai would not lie to DeRozan's face about this, firstly because we have every reason to believe Masai is a straight up guy himself and secondly because it would be incredibly stupid. There's no reason to make that lie to your star player while you're working on a trade for him, it's obvious what will happen if the trade goes through.

    Also, Masai's publically been saying everyone's available/on the table since the draft.

    DeMar's pissed, which I expected. He really did want to be our Kobe/Duncan/Nowitzki.
    I really do have sympathy for DD's viewpoint/frame of mind re this trade. But if it is accurate he wanted to be considered on par with the names you mention .... I would hope that it would only be on the longevity/permanence factor with a single franchise. But this would be an inflated expectation in the world of professional sports today, wouldn't it?

    DD good as he is cannot rationally be compared to those 3 players and their accomplishments. Kobe at least on one occasion very nearly left the Lakers (or seriously threatened to leave). With the salary cap and diminishing returns the older a player gets or indeed the team's w/l performance .... trades are a very real possibility especially when a rare opportunity like this presents itself.

    His feelings are not unsurprising. Players have to deal with the bubble and it must be difficult. The Spurs are a terrific org and he shall get over it I think.

    Comment


    • TRex wrote: View Post
      You know what's really bothering me today?

      It seems like all the American media wants to see Kawhi in a Laker uniform. That's all they talk about the last 24 hours. "Would the Raptors flip Kawhi to the Lakers now?"

      Kyle Kuzma was being interviewed yesterday during the ESPY's and the ESPN interviewer immediately asked him about Kawhi joining them next year.

      It seems like they all want the best players to play in LA. I think i hate that team more than the Warriors and Celtics now.
      There's always been an air of entitlement surrounding everything Lakers. I mean, I guess you earn that with their championship history, but c'mon, you've been terrible for years now, and built a pseudo-contender by sheer luck of geography. GTFO

      Comment


      • If Kawhi did not like to play with the Spurs although they are one of the fewest teams in the league that have a great coaching staff and a great management, this would convince me that he would not achieve success here in Toronto. On the other hand, I expect DD to flourish with the Spurs.
        We have a major problem here in Toronto and we do not tend to address it : coaching. I know that Massai changed the coach, but, he did not bring someone that is qualified to take this team to the next level.
        I still believe that DD and KL are not the problem.

        Comment


        • The quoted box you included was not in the article you linked. Just curious where you got it cause Id like to read that article.

          Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
            If Kawhi did not like to play with the Spurs although they are one of the fewest teams in the league that have a great coaching staff and a great management, this would convince me that he would not achieve success here in Toronto. On the other hand, I expect DD to flourish with the Spurs.
            We have a major problem here in Toronto and we do not tend to address it : coaching. I know that Massai changed the coach, but, he did not bring someone that is qualified to take this team to the next level.
            I still believe that DD and KL are not the problem.
            How in the world can you watch the playoffs from 2013 till now and not see just how bad Lowry and DD played? I didn't help that they were led by Casey
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

            Comment


            • Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor.

              Just let it sink in.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

              Comment


              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                There's always been an air of entitlement surrounding everything Lakers. I mean, I guess you earn that with their championship history, but c'mon, you've been terrible for years now, and built a pseudo-contender by sheer luck of geography. GTFO
                If he decides to leave next offseason, i hope he doesn't sign with the Lakers. ANYONE but the Lakers.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor.

                  Just let it sink in.
                  It wont really hit me until the season starts and he's playing for the raptors
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                  Comment


                  • TRex wrote: View Post
                    You know what's really bothering me today?

                    It seems like all the American media wants to see Kawhi in a Laker uniform. That's all they talk about the last 24 hours. "Would the Raptors flip Kawhi to the Lakers now?"

                    Kyle Kuzma was being interviewed yesterday during the ESPY's and the ESPN interviewer immediately asked him about Kawhi joining them next year.

                    It seems like they all want the best players to play in LA. I think i hate that team more than the Warriors and Celtics now.
                    You're listening to the wrong media. Listen to reliable sources who know what they are talking about. Kevin Pelton, Windhorst, Bobby Marks, Zach Lowe have all said the raptors could have the best defensive team in the league next year. I think they even said possibly the best perimeter defence in history and probably the best team in the east and 2nd best in the league behind golden state. They are all very high on this move for the raptors.

                    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      It wont really hit me until the season starts and he's playing for the raptors
                      I still can't really believe it. Seeing those Raptor jerseys photoshopped onto him...goodness gracious SOMEONE PINCH ME
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

                      Comment


                      • Machine wrote: View Post
                        The quoted box you included was not in the article you linked. Just curious where you got it cause Id like to read that article.

                        Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                        https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...home-team.html

                        Comment


                        • Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Green in the deal and Poeltl & protected first (top 20) going w/DD. Not bad.

                          Risky but MU had to do it.... now use the charm
                          MU use his charm ? Kawhi will say save that charm ... I had a front row seat on how you treat franchise players ... Sorry but LA Lebron is there ... Never snows and last they treat their franchise players with class ( look at Kobe )

                          Comment


                          • Fun fact:

                            Not only is Leonard arguably the league’s most feared perimeter defender, as evidenced by his being named the NBA’s Defensive Player of the Year in back-to-back seasons (2014-15 and 2015-16)...

                            ...Leonard has played his best when the games matter most. He racked up 41 playoff wins before his 23rd birthday, which ranks second all-time behind Kobe Bryant (42 wins). Leonard was named the NBA Finals MVP in 2014, when he led his Spurs past LeBron James and the Miami Heat. .
                            https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe.../#383bb6712e7b

                            Comment


                            • RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                              If Kawhi did not like to play with the Spurs although they are one of the fewest teams in the league that have a great coaching staff and a great management, this would convince me that he would not achieve success here in Toronto. On the other hand, I expect DD to flourish with the Spurs.
                              We have a major problem here in Toronto and we do not tend to address it : coaching. I know that Massai changed the coach, but, he did not bring someone that is qualified to take this team to the next level.
                              I still believe that DD and KL are not the problem.
                              Outsiders do not really know what went down in the relationship. I can take a stab... the Spurs including the coach had some very strong personalities not shy about expressing their views on many subjects. Manu, Parker to name two are as alpha as they come and they added Aldridge who isn't shy either.

                              Kawhi conversely is an introvert and probably tends to take things personally and possibly incapable of expressing a viewpoint as well as he would like. I can see where disagreements (basketball or otherwise) occurred and KL just shut it down emotionally with the team.

                              Comment


                              • TRex wrote: View Post
                                You know what's really bothering me today?

                                It seems like all the American media wants to see Kawhi in a Laker uniform. That's all they talk about the last 24 hours. "Would the Raptors flip Kawhi to the Lakers now?"

                                Kyle Kuzma was being interviewed yesterday during the ESPY's and the ESPN interviewer immediately asked him about Kawhi joining them next year.

                                It seems like they all want the best players to play in LA. I think i hate that team more than the Warriors and Celtics now.
                                My hope is that the American media keeps it up and asks him about it every time he's not in Toronto, and he realizes that's the way that being on the Lakers would be and that it's not something he wants.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X