Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    He's not trying to file up on cupcakes, leave that hunger for the main course.
    Well, that's it right there. It's hard for guys like Kawhi Leonard to get up for team like the Knicks

    Comment


    • inthepaint wrote: View Post
      Well, that's it right there. It's hard for guys like Kawhi Leonard to get up for team like the Knicks
      Still good for coach. You hope he said it to him in private or in front of the team first. Or this might be an out of proportion response.

      We want him to mow cupcakes and deer all day eryday

      Comment


      • Again, Nurse is not immume from criticism but it's really over the top for a rookie coach in this situation and still managing an elite record.

        “A little bit, and I’m kind of being serious about it,” said Nurse. “He (Kawhi) needs to find a little bit of fire once in a while to go out there and say ‘You know what? I’m getting 35 or 40 tonight.’ You know?”

        Or hit the game winner. That works too. For his part Leonard didn’t mind being held to a high standard:

        “I didn’t know until right now,” he said. “But when a coach is like that, you want that motivation. They can see it. They’re looking in between the lines of the game. Even if you’re going out there and having 20 points and you win, you want a coach that motivates you and tell you what you’re still doing that’s negative on the floor that’s costing your team. I appreciate him putting that in the air.”

        Kawhi re-signs here confirmed
        You can out the "what does Kawhi think about Nurse" rhetoric to rest. He still loves him ....
        If anything, Kawhi has openly said that the other players have to work within the system (that Nurse has) and put in the effort.

        Comment



        • All man. All amazing.

          Comment


          • Comment


            • honestly, if Kawhi is injured or sore, I don't think he should go to the All-star game, especially if you don't play at home in front of many, many hard-working fans who pay big bucks to see the team (he especially) play...

              Comment


              • Unless their injuries are serious, I'm pretty sure the team wants Kawhi & Lowry at the all-star game out there repping the Toronto Raptors brand and showing that we're now a fixture in the big boys club. The game itself isn't exactly the most physically demanding affair.

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post
                  Unless their injuries are serious, I'm pretty sure the team wants Kawhi & Lowry at the all-star game out there repping the Toronto Raptors brand and showing that we're now a fixture in the big boys club. The game itself isn't exactly the most physically demanding affair.
                  Yeah this is why I have no issues with them playing. Nobody over exerts themselves in an All Star game.

                  Comment


                  • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    Well, that's it right there. It's hard for guys like Kawhi Leonard to get up for team like the Knicks
                    Yeah but he's supposed to be a super focused guy that loves nothing more than playing basketball. He misses so many games as well that you would think he'd be really motivated when he's playing.

                    Comment


                    • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Yeah but he's supposed to be a super focused guy that loves nothing more than playing basketball. He misses so many games as well that you would think he'd be really motivated when he's playing.
                      Is he? He's like, on record that he doesn't care about games in-season to the point where he'll miss them and not think twice. Why would he suddenly care a bunch about them when he's on the court? He's been pretty clear that his eyes are on April, May and June and only those games.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • A.I wrote: View Post
                        Yeah this is why I have no issues with them playing. Nobody over exerts themselves in an All Star game.
                        Players do a lot of running back and forth in the ASG the way they jack up shots. A sore knee is not conducive to running. I will not be pleased if Kahwi plays.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post
                          Is he? He's like, on record that he doesn't care about games in-season to the point where he'll miss them and not think twice. Why would he suddenly care a bunch about them when he's on the court? He's been pretty clear that his eyes are on April, May and June and only those games.
                          Wasn't there a blurb just a bit earlier on this thread about Balmer being present at a game and him not noticing because he's so focused on the game? Hasn't he also been or record about only focusing on this season? Season doesn't mean just playoffs.

                          Comment


                          • So...do we even need this guy in the future?

                            I know one thing, I'm pretty pumped we didn't trade for AD.

                            And if Leonard can't see the potential and value of resigning with this group...then bon voyage claw!!

                            Comment


                            • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              So...do we even need this guy in the future?

                              I know one thing, I'm pretty pumped we didn't trade for AD.

                              And if Leonard can't see the potential and value of resigning with this group...then bon voyage claw!!
                              Yes.
                              Yes, we do.

                              If a top 5 player in the league leaves and we are left with a terrific developing Siakam, a promising OG and an aging Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka, Green etc, this may still be a post season team but that's all. If they then proceed to deal all the expiring contracts (which most of them are) for younger players/potential and picks, you're likely looking at 5 years minimum to get back to where we are.

                              Yes, we need to bring back Kawhi and build around him and Siakam/OG

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                Yes.
                                Yes, we do.

                                If a top 5 player in the league leaves and we are left with a terrific developing Siakam, a promising OG and an aging Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka, Green etc, this may still be a post season team but that's all. If they then proceed to deal all the expiring contracts (which most of them are) for younger players/potential and picks, you're likely looking at 5 years minimum to get back to where we are.

                                Yes, we need to bring back Kawhi and build around him and Siakam/OG
                                If Leonard leaves I expect Plan A will be to turn next year's expirings into the best possible player via trade. Failing that, it's going to be summer FA pursuits.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X