Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scraptor wrote: View Post
    In the pro column: Canada and not needing attention fits with the branding of the New Balance deal. Also extra guaranteed money.
    Con: weather, far from family

    It's a toss up.
    Seldom is this mentioned.

    The family dynamic can be a game changer. Lou Williams would take his wife & GF with his kids to his various stops. If KL's wife is reluctant about moving to TO during the season (for whatever reason) then that definitely becomes an issue. KL feels like the type not to push/force that change. Hope it isn't the case but ...

    Comment


    • Bendit wrote: View Post
      Seldom is this mentioned.

      The family dynamic can be a game changer. Lou Williams would take his wife & GF with his kids to his various stops. If KL's wife is reluctant about moving to TO during the season (for whatever reason) then that definitely becomes an issue. KL feels like the type not to push/force that change. Hope it isn't the case but ...
      I agree BUT I also think Masai and team have considered this and likely have had the full court press on Kawhi’s family to make them feel at home.

      Comment


      • I can see Kawhi's family staying in SoCal for this season but not if he signs here longer term. I believe he lives with his girlfriend/mother of their daughter. I know he's not married and the kid is under 3? His girlfriend was born in San Diego and went to San Diego State U so the pull is strong.

        I don't really care about his private life beyond how it impacts his playing here but wonder what the odds of her moving to Toronto for a few years and spending the off season at the new digs in San Diego if he signs here for 2 years
        Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Feb 15, 2019, 11:46 AM.

        Comment


        • When Pop visited Kawhi for the last time. It got out that Kawhi wasn't happy that the Spurs didn't involve his family in talks. Family is important to the man, and they'll work out what's best for the family and for him.

          Kawhi's daughter is not school age, so its probably easy enough for his GF to bounce between their Toronto home and SoCal home as needed.

          If he signs with Toronto I would think he would want his family with him during those long winters, and their children's education plan will be considered.

          Comment


          • Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
            When Pop visited Kawhi for the last time. It got out that Kawhi wasn't happy that the Spurs didn't involve his family in talks. Family is important to the man, and they'll work out what's best for the family and for him.

            Kawhi's daughter is not school age, so its probably easy enough for his GF to bounce between their Toronto home and SoCal home as needed.

            If he signs with Toronto I would think he would want his family with him during those long winters, and their children's education plan will be considered.
            Well that and Spurs tried to assassinate his uncle's character.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

            Comment


            • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Well that and Spurs tried to assassinate his uncle's character.
              That sounded a lot more exciting until I got to the last word in your sentence.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                That sounded a lot more exciting until I got to the last word in your sentence.
                It was Popovich with an M16 from the Grassy Knoll!

                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  It was Popovich with an M16 from the Grassy Knoll!

                  If this is true then I think Kawhi was justified to want out.

                  Comment


                  • The insole in Kawhi’s new shoe.

                    Comment


                    • Just saw that. Is it in all the models? Hard to tell. Either way...vote for that one! He wouldn't ruin a perfectly good shoe by leaving next year, right? He's staying!

                      Comment


                      • I mean, insoles are easily removed and replaced...

                        But the fact that it’s there at all...

                        Comment


                        • I was just looking at picture of the shoes. Their is a couple were it just say "kawhi leonard" in times new roman font on the heel it looks very weird. hopefully its just a model and wont be on the real shoe
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            I mean, insoles are easily removed and replaced...

                            But the fact that it’s there at all...
                            I thought it was an excellent sign until I realized it could symbolize a dead Raptor too, or the ancient past... now I don't know what to think lol

                            Comment




                            • Like what the hell is this? looks pretty wack. I could never wear that. Hopefully just a prototype. Unless their going for kawhis a weird dude so heres a weird shoe
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post


                                Like what the hell is this? looks pretty wack. I could never wear that. Hopefully just a prototype. Unless their going for kawhis a weird dude so heres a weird shoe
                                Kawhi Leonard.



                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X