No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theyve never heard of the SAID principle....if you continue to give him days off, his body will never be conditioned to handle the intensity in the playoffs, unless he's doing some HITT in the gym to increase his VO2.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I mean, sure, it might seem that way from our completely ignorant vantage point. But unless you have all the same details that management does, I'm not sure that actually really means anything at all.

As I've said, I just don't understand the angst .. I would if we had clear information that showed the "Load Management" to be nothing more than 'Mental Health Days' for Kawhi, or if we were actually truly suffering as a team because of this absences. But we don't, and we're not. So I just don't get it. Yes, we lost to Detroit. Oh well. Golden State just lost to Orlando with Durant on the bench, and the day before that to Miami with Cousins on the bench. Do you think they're sweating it?
      After losing today to the Suns, yes I think Steve Kerr is sweating it!

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        If Kawhi signs elsewhere next year, it's going to be interesting to see if this whole load management continues.
        Are you referring yo Kawhi being Load Managed on a future team OR Toronto using Load Management next year sans Kawhi?

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

After losing today to the Suns, yes I think Steve Kerr is sweating it!
          my issue is more the home games he misses when it's not b2b.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...tors-fans.html

Comment

• spicy_d wrote: View Post
            theyve never heard of the SAID principle....if you continue to give him days off, his body will never be conditioned to handle the intensity in the playoffs, unless he's doing some HITT in the gym to increase his VO2.
            This guy trains
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• spicy_d wrote: View Post
              theyve never heard of the SAID principle....if you continue to give him days off, his body will never be conditioned to handle the intensity in the playoffs, unless he's doing some HITT in the gym to increase his VO2.
              Yeah, it's a bit concerning because if they were actually following so-called load management theory, then Kawhi's workload should be ramping up in anticipation of playoff intensity. That's supposedly the whole idea behind it: gradually ramping up to "loads" that are equal to and above game conditions, which is supposed to avoid injury. Otherwise, you'd have to think he's still not 100%. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see load management continue right into the first round of the playoffs, after which the days off between games are spaced out further.

Why can't one of Toronto's top notch professional sports reporters do an interview with Alex McKechnie to get some insight on this program instead of the constant speculation and comments from the peanut gallery.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, it's a bit concerning because if they were actually following so-called load management theory, then Kawhi's workload should be ramping up in anticipation of playoff intensity. That's supposedly the whole idea behind it: gradually ramping up to "loads" that are equal to and above game conditions, which is supposed to avoid injury. Otherwise, you'd have to think he's still not 100%. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see load management continue right into the first round of the playoffs, after which the days off between games are spaced out further.

Why can't one of Toronto's top notch professional sports reporters do an interview with Alex McKechnie to get some insight on this program instead of the constant speculation and comments from the peanut gallery.
                He could easily still be getting the work in, just in a more controlled and less random/risky environment than live game action, where he can be closely monitored by the training staff.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It still may. I think its a little early still...When we're down to somewhere between 8 and 12 games I would say he should no longer rest, and ramp it up.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It still may. I think its a little early still...When we're down to somewhere between 8 and 12 games I would say he should no longer rest, and ramp it up.
                    Yeah I listened to a podcast recently with some jiu jitsu competitor who says he would practice technique at a comfortable pace until a couple weeks before a competition where he gradually picked it up till he got to full speed. Similar approach. though obviously the NBA playoffs go for many games spanning weeks, compared to a one day competition, I have no clue how that affects when you should start to ramp it up.

Comment

Hey, having an article or two on the topic of Load Management based on interviews with the terms creator is a great idea. Where is the suggestion box?

Comment

Simple really.

Because if fans were supposed to know what's really going on with Kawhi, specifically if there still some minor/nagging injury, we'd know by now. McKechnie isn't going to say anything at this point of the season beyond what we know or deflection imo. But there's a reason Nurse thought the load management was ending weeks ago and it hasn't; if anything it's ramped up beyond just back to backs.

-Could be nothing, could be something. But no sports reporter is going to get the honest scoop now if he hasn't been able to get it yet, that I'm sure of.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Yeah I listened to a podcast recently with some jiu jitsu competitor who says he would practice technique at a comfortable pace until a couple weeks before a competition where he gradually picked it up till he got to full speed. Similar approach. though obviously the NBA playoffs go for many games spanning weeks, compared to a one day competition, I have no clue how that affects when you should start to ramp it up.
                          With the time between games, especially with home advantage, you have lots of recovery time as you ramp it up. Even more so when you take care of lower ranked teams in 4 or 5 games. I believe Kawhi knows what he needs to do (as do Alex and staff) to get ready for the playoffs. I am happy to trust their professional judgment. In addition, Kawhi may feel he has something to prove after missing a year.

Comment

• Kyrie Irving gives a healthy endorsement to Clippers coach Doc Rivers for the way his team is playing this season. Kawhi gone:

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/stat...41985685069824

Comment

Kyrie Irving gives a healthy endorsement to Clippers coach Doc Rivers for the way his team is playing this season. Kawhi gone:

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/stat...41985685069824

Kawhi spent 10 minutes during warm ups signing autographs for Raptor fans in Cleveland last night

Kawhi stay

Comment

• "Believe in this city. Believe in yourselves" - Masai Ujiri

Comment

Working...
                                X