Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanyo wrote: View Post
    Who do you think would compliment Kawhi well in free agency?

If Kawhi signs, he knows there will be huge turnover after the 1st year alone when Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka's deal come up. unless they sign for significantly less, I dont see them returning after next season. FVV is also due for a renewal.

So lots for Kawhi to think. I dont know who Kawhi would work with well here. Anthony Davis is one but I dont see him coming here. Klay is another but he stays in GS.

I dont see (nor want) Kyrie or Butler or any guy that can be a shit disturber. I dont think I would want to sign Kemba either.

Interesting next year or two for the Raptors franchise...if Kawhi signs we got something... if he doesnt, we may even have to start a rebuild after next year... it will be interesting.
    If Kawhi stays he's going to make around $38M next year. The year after he's at around $41M. With OG and Norm tossed in that brings the cap to approx. $56M for those three. Lots of money to go lure a star.

If I were Ujiri I would be selling Kawhi on a repeat trip to the finals with some minor improvements next year. Then the following year a significant step forward by landing a second superstar.

Kyle, Mark, Serge and Danny are all going to have a shave no matter if they stay or go. It's where they all are in their careers.

Comment

Who do you think would compliment Kawhi well in free agency?

If Kawhi signs, he knows there will be huge turnover after the 1st year alone when Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka's deal come up. unless they sign for significantly less, I dont see them returning after next season. FVV is also due for a renewal.

So lots for Kawhi to think. I dont know who Kawhi would work with well here. Anthony Davis is one but I dont see him coming here. Klay is another but he stays in GS.

I dont see (nor want) Kyrie or Butler or any guy that can be a shit disturber. I dont think I would want to sign Kemba either.

Interesting next year or two for the Raptors franchise...if Kawhi signs we got something... if he doesnt, we may even have to start a rebuild after next year... it will be interesting.
      i think if kawhi resigns a big part of it would be because he likes these teammates. he seems particularly close with kyle (he singled him out as the guy who most helped his transition to the team in the post game interview last night, and they hung out and got cookies in philly after that game 3 loss). so just because their contracts are up i don't necessarily think that means they're out of here. maybe they come back on team friendlier contracts and possibly transition into bench roles.

edit: all the guys you mentioned are free agents this summer. we're so far in the luxury tax we have no way to sign anybody. so you should be be thinking of free agents next summer, not this summer. if he resigns the team will look pretty damn similar to this one.
      Last edited by chris; Sun May 26, 2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Uncle Dennis interview. Nothing to indicate anything either way but at least it's not negative.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kawhi-leona...222416017.html

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            This made me laugh hard last night (in a good way):

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...oom_right_now/
            With face edits!

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...ed_face_edits/

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Skip continues to chug that Hateraid:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I feel sorry for Toronto fans, chanting MVP at No. 2. He&#39;ll soon quit on them, too, as he ducks out in free agency, probably for Los Angeles.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1132488716197306371?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
              Awesome. Kawhi hates Skippy and this adds even more likelihood that he stay

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Uncle Dennis interview. Nothing to indicate anything either way but at least it's not negative.

If the main reason for Kawhi leaving the Spurs is the lack of trust in the organization due to their handling of his injury/health, then it bodes well for the Raptor's chances of keeping him. That's my take, anyway.

Comment

• Just walked over to Real Sports and picked up my Kawhi jersey. People will be happy to know that the place was completely sold out (except XXL's), and I had to get a Custom one made. And not even quite in my size, because they even ran out of the Medium Blanks, all to make more Kawhi jerseys.
                  Last edited by Joey; Mon May 27, 2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Uncle Dennis interview. Nothing to indicate anything either way but at least it's not negative.

Nice to see someone actually get a chance to interview Dennis. He seems like a thoughtful person and everything he said there makes sense if you take his and Kawhi's perspective. Hope they both feel comfortable enough in Toronto to keep playing here.

But all I can say is the Raptors did everything possible to keep him. No stone was left unturned.

Comment

• If I'm Kawhi I just sign a 1 or 2 year deal. See what this Raptors window brings. Then you can still sign a mega deal in LA as your kid is just starting school age at age 30 (his 28th birthday is right in the summer). Or of course stay in Toronto, especially if you get some more all stars around you post Kyle Lowry (and Siakam keeps improving)

But I know hes got an injury history and giving up on guaranteed years in your prime can sound crazy.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        If I'm Kawhi I just sign a 1 or 2 year deal. See what this Raptors window brings. Then you can still sign a mega deal in LA as your kid is just starting school age at age 30 (his 28th birthday is right in the summer). Or of course stay in Toronto, especially if you get some more all stars around you post Kyle Lowry (and Siakam keeps improving)

But I know hes got an injury history and giving up on guaranteed years in your prime can sound crazy.
                        2+1 gives him flexibility to opt out after 2, when he'd be eligible for the 10+ year vet max (35%), and gives him the third year as insurance against injury. That's been my bet from the start.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          If I'm Kawhi I just sign a 1 or 2 year deal. See what this Raptors window brings. Then you can still sign a mega deal in LA as your kid is just starting school age at age 30 (his 28th birthday is right in the summer). Or of course stay in Toronto, especially if you get some more all stars around you post Kyle Lowry (and Siakam keeps improving)

If I'm Kawhi I take ALL the money. Kawhi is potentially an Achilles away from being an ordinary guy.

Comment

• Kawhi should sign a max but with an opt out in case he isnt happy down the line (say it kicks in after year 2).

This year he gets his max but if he wants out he has that ability. I think the Raps would give him that flexibility in a deal. After all if he isnt happy then no reason to keep him either.

Clippers are attractive too - yes close to his home but they have lots of cap space to get another max guy with Kawhi with Harrell and Alexander there. Doc Rivers is also a great coach.

Comment

Kawhi should sign a max but with an opt out in case he isnt happy down the line (say it kicks in after year 2).

This year he gets his max but if he wants out he has that ability. I think the Raps would give him that flexibility in a deal. After all if he isnt happy then no reason to keep him either.

Clippers are attractive too - yes close to his home but they have lots of cap space to get another max guy with Kawhi with Harrell and Alexander there. Doc Rivers is also a great coach.
                              I THINK so too , in fact, I think the "negotiation" from any team with space will go something like this: you tell us exactly what you want so that we can give it to you.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Most points in a single playoff run: LeBron James, 612 points
                                Kawhi's total points during his Raptors playoff run: 561 points (currently 6th all-time).

If the Raptors sweep the Warriors in four games and Kawhi hits his average playoff PPG for this run...
                                Most points in a single playoff run: Kawhi Leonard, 686 points.

All-time Bron would slide to 2nd for a single run. The Dream would be 3rd. Jordan would be 4rd and 5th.

It's likely the Raptors don't sweep the Warriors. Let's say it goes to seven games and the Raptors rip the Warriors' beating heart out...
                                Most points in a single playoff run: Kawhi Leonard, 780 points.

168 points more than second place all-time. Talk about a historical run and it goes to show you that the Raptors have a much better chance than they're being credited for. The supporting cast just needs to bring it.

Comment

Working...
                                X