Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Right now i feel about 80% that kawhi does the 1+1 and 5% chance he does the 5 year, with a 15% chance he's leaving.

    Comment


    • For someone like Kawhi who seems to hate the public eye, all of the free agency cacophony must be stressing him out. (hence the pleas from Tory and Bhatia to leave him alone.) Man it'd be nice if he just said, fuck it, 5 years @190 and I don't have to go through any of this racket for the next 5 years.

      Comment


      • It's sounds to me like no one knows anything for sure. I hope that Kawhi makes his decision sooner rather than later as lots of pieces are to fall into place as soon as that happens.

        Comment


        • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
          For someone like Kawhi who seems to hate the public eye, all of the free agency cacophony must be stressing him out. (hence the pleas from Tory and Bhatia to leave him alone.) Man it'd be nice if he just said, fuck it, 5 years @190 and I don't have to go through any of this racket for the next 5 years.
          And get a verbal from Masai to trade him, to a team of his choice, if its not working out.

          Comment


          • Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

            And get a verbal from Masai to trade him, to a team of his choice, if its not working out.
            Warriors are/were trying to do this with Durant. Hard to see how they could work out acceptable contract wording and stay within the CBA.

            According to The Athletic's Frank Isola, the Warriors wanted to offer Durant a long-term contract with "the understanding that if he wanted to leave at any point during his contract the team would grant him that wish." If Durant would have accepted this deal, he would have been in an unpreceded position to control his future for the duration of the contract. Yet, to do this, Durant would either have to fully trust the front office, or the Warriors would have to iron out minor details to keep it within the NBA guidelines.

            As it stands, the NBA's collective bargaining agreement only allows players to have one option year. While the CBA does permit players to negotiate a buyout at any time, these deals are not regulated and have to be worked out through the two parties. If the Warriors were able to change this, it would've led to a monumental shift in roster creation similar to the Rose Rule. But, this couldn't officially hit the docket until at least 2023 when both the NBA and the Player Association are eligible to opt out.
            https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/...long-term-deal

            Comment


            • I hear Kawhi likes quiet, fishing and golf. The Fairmont Chateau at Lake Louise (with a nudge by the Raptors) should offer him and the family their Marquis Suite for a week ....and he could invite all the suitors for a pitch visit there. Haha.

              Comment


              • Nice spot, I stayed there before. Beautiful walking trail.

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post

                  Warriors are/were trying to do this with Durant. Hard to see how they could work out acceptable contract wording and stay within the CBA.



                  https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/...long-term-deal
                  It can't be in the contract. Has to be a handshake thing. Requires a lot of trust.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • Arnovitz at ESPN comes up with Toronto's pitch to retain Kawhi.. and I think he does a marvelous job:
                    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...tar-free-agent


                    Closing paragraphs:

                    But more than anything, our boldest selling point is you -- specifically, our decision last summer to change the course of our franchise in an effort to make you a Toronto Raptor. Our rivals in the Eastern Conference had greater resources and assets necessary to acquire you. We can't say why they didn't. Perhaps they didn't believe you could restore yourself to full health, or you weren't worth their best prospects. Maybe they didn't have sufficient faith that the overall quality of their organizations would be enough to convince you to stay.

                    We took the risk they didn't, not only because we were confident you'd find the conditions for both health and an NBA championship to be present in Toronto, but because we also understood that you would make us a better NBA franchise -- you would make us the kind of organization that would be the best long-term home for Kawhi Leonard.

                    He also has a pitch for the Clippers (not as great IMO, but of course I'm being bias here):
                    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-kawhi-leonard

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post

                      It can't be in the contract. Has to be a handshake thing. Requires a lot of trust.
                      Uncle Dennis trusts Masai.

                      https://streamable.com/s/io4gn/anawg

                      Last edited by golden; Mon Jun 24th, 2019, 10:10 AM.

                      Comment




                      • I doubt NB sponsored that first billboard... hope they sue.

                        Comment


                        • planetmars wrote: View Post


                          I doubt NB sponsored that first billboard... hope they sue.
                          "King of Socal"

                          The same region that has Lebron James, Anthony Davis, Mike Trout, Jared Goff, Hollywood, Kardashians etc

                          Kawhi will just be a big fish in the ocean.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Arnovitz at ESPN comes up with Toronto's pitch to retain Kawhi.. and I think he does a marvelous job:
                            https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...tar-free-agent


                            Closing paragraphs:




                            He also has a pitch for the Clippers (not as great IMO, but of course I'm being bias here):
                            https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-kawhi-leonard
                            That T-shirt pitch for Griffin was hilarious ... Blake Griffin with Mandela and Einstein ???? Then Blake the great intellectual hammers his trainer in the face!

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                              "King of Socal"

                              The same region that has Lebron James, Anthony Davis, Mike Trout, Jared Goff, Hollywood, Kardashians etc

                              Kawhi will just be a big fish in the ocean.
                              Lol. Might as well have just put up 'King of Lakers Leftovers'. Most people don't even know what SoCal stands for.

                              Comment


                              • Bendit wrote: View Post
                                I hear Kawhi likes quiet, fishing and golf. The Fairmont Chateau at Lake Louise (with a nudge by the Raptors) should offer him and the family their Marquis Suite for a week ....and he could invite all the suitors for a pitch visit there. Haha.
                                NOPE!

                                As I said before, take him to Muskoka where peeps are used to generally ignoring celebs as all the hockey dudes, music and movie entertainers and titans of Bay St don't really turn heads much.

                                Tons of cottages for sale/rent for $20,000 per week have their own basketball courts and helipads to avoid the traffic.....Tannenbaum himself probably has 3 available to him with tons of fishing and golf and fine dining at your doorstep. It's ruined Muskoka but that's another story lol

                                Keep Kawhi in ON to remind him there's occasionally great weather and that kind of recreation near by. SoCal has NOTHING in the way of thousands of fresh water lakes like central ON has; in fact they're running out of water lol
                                Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Jun 24th, 2019, 11:23 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X