Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Its Stephen A. Smith. He admitted that he doesn't care about Toronto and doesn't care if Kawhi plays with the Clippers or Lakers as long its LA. Any news involving Kawhi and LA, you can take with a grain of salt.
    yeah i know like i said i don't give it much credence... FWIW his sauces are now saying that kawhi has requested to meet only with jeanie and magic

Comment

• SAS specifically said he has no idea what Kawhi will do, only that he got this info on the Lakers meeting.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
        The last part makes no sense to me (just Jeanie Buss and Magic (no longer affiliated with the team)). Pelinka must feel great. They just took a sledgehammer to the team after Magic left ... done by Pelinka... not sure if Ms Buss is on top of the strategy minutiae which is something what any f/a of Kawhi's stature would like to know. And then there is the oddity that Kawhi called a friend of Magic to pass on this request. Lol... why wouldn't "Kawhi" call Buss directly?

Right now, imo, SAS is trying to get into the conversation for clicks.
        Last edited by Bendit; Fri Jun 28, 2019, 09:23 PM. Reason: Correction... Kawhi could not contact Buss directly ... he is still a Raptor.

Comment

• 'Kawhi's people'

Comment

• Okay so aaaam I missing something here? Because the way I understand it Kawhi's desires play out as follows:
            - he wants to win
            - he wants to live in a particular place

If he wants to win, he should choose the Lakers? Assuming a team of Lebron, ad, Kawhi and a bunch of random would be as unstoppable as it sounds.

So if he doesn't choose the Lakers, then winning isn't his number one priority. And he probably chooses the clippers in favour of location then, right?!

I suppose this ignoring the possibility that ad, Lebron, Kawhi and random is not so unstoppable, the Lakers poor management is seen as too much of an impediment to winning and/or bad for Kawhi's health, or Kawhi wants to win away from Lebron, but with the best situation otherwise - which is a possibility it just seems a little specific to me...

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
              Okay so aaaam I missing something here? Because the way I understand it Kawhi's desires play out as follows:
              - he wants to win
              - he wants to live in a particular place

If he wants to win, he should choose the Lakers? Assuming a team of Lebron, ad, Kawhi and a bunch of random would be as unstoppable as it sounds.

So if he doesn't choose the Lakers, then winning isn't his number one priority. And he probably chooses the clippers in favour of location then, right?!

I suppose this ignoring the possibility that ad, Lebron, Kawhi and random is not so unstoppable, the Lakers poor management is seen as too much of an impediment to winning and/or bad for Kawhi's health, or Kawhi wants to win away from Lebron, but with the best situation otherwise - which is a possibility it just seems a little specific to me...
              - Every player wants to win. The question of what are you willing to sacrifice for it.
              - Kawhi wants to win but he wants to be the man. He doesn't want to be 2nd or 3rd fiddle. On Clippers and Raptors he'll be that.
              - He values his health. Raptors had a plan and it worked. He knows Raps will treat him well.
              - He values loyalty. Raps don't leak ever. Everything stays in house.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Maybe this was a test; he's Willy Wonkaing his free agency. Give the Lakers some juicy detail, like that Kawhi only wants to meet with Magic and Jeannie, but also tell them not to tell anyone that. Magic jumps on twitter to announce it, and suddenly he's surrounded by oompa loompas.
                Last edited by octothorp; Sat Jun 29, 2019, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• The biggest thing that scares me here is league parody. This was looking like the first year that we weren't going to have a superteam, and now this might be coming down the pipes. If we lose Kawhi I would prefer it to be the Clips.

Comment

• A few people have mentioned it, but I don't know why it's not discussed more.
                    Kawhi will not be able to have load management in the west and still be guaranteed a playoff spot.

Especially the Lakers. If he goes there, they have like 10 bucks to fill out 10 players. The surrounding cast will be thin at best. Couple that with Lebron aging and will probably not play the entire season, and that AD has shown that he will typically need to take time off and thats a recipe for Kawhi to be forced to play hard in the regular season just to make the playoffs. Regardless if he needs rest or not. The media there would flip if AD and Lebron were both out with injuries of various degrees and Kawhi took the second night off on a back to back for load management. Granted the supporting cast will be full of ring chasers, but would a group of older players be able to secure a seed in the playoffs? In the west?

The Clippers wouldn't be much better. The west is not as top heavy as it was a couple years ago, but it's still solid. You still have GS (albeit without Durant and Klay for awhile, if not a year) they are still a playoff team. Houston has it's problems but they will make it into the playoffs. You have Denver, who will be stronger. Utah with Connelly will be tougher, Portland will still be good. Spurs are still good. Dallas with the unicorn will be good, The Kings looked stronger last year and a year older should only help. New Orleans will be a young team that could be a dark horse especially if Holiday sticks around. OKC will still be in the running.

A Clippers team without Kawhi, depending on who else they end up getting/ having to get rid of, will have a tough time if Kawhi takes 20 games off again next season.

I'm not saying we make the second seed again with Kawhi sitting a quarter of the season. But I am saying we easily make the playoffs. The path through the east is still easier.

The media attention on him now is crazy. I've been pretty confident he stays for awhile now. I'd be lying if all the new information (as trust worthy as it is) hasn't rattled me. I still think...... HE STAY. I hope I'm right.

Comment

• Still not worried.

Comment

• I think by far the most obvious explanation for the "Magic + Jeanie" meeting is that Kawhi/Dennis don’t want anyone to ever know what they are about to tell the Lakers, so potential blabbermouth future ex employees are barred from the meeting.

Best guess: Kawhi will tell the Lakers that they are doing a 1 and 1 with the Raps, but hey you guys, keep cap space for summer 2020, as the Lakers will be his preferred destination next summer if everything goes OK in La La Land.

I thought there might be too much risk in a short term deal, but the deals Thompson and Durant are apparently going to get show that there isn’t any. He could blow his quad again and still get 4 years max money.

He and Uncle Dennis told everyone on Lakeshore Blvd it's one more year, and that's my bet.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Still not worried.
                          Biggest concern is that Kawhi decides not to do a 1+1 because the media attention was too stupid this year and now into free agency. Think that hurts us a bit, but what do I know, maybe that means he signs a 5 year deal instead.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1144994183414984705

Not very cool but was expected I guess.
                            Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat Jun 29, 2019, 12:38 PM.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• The big homies 28th birthday today

happy birthday champ!
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ensco wrote: View Post
                                I think by far the most obvious explanation for the "Magic + Jeanie" meeting is that Kawhi/Dennis don’t want anyone to ever know what they are about to tell the Lakers, so potential blabbermouth future ex employees are barred from the meeting.

Best guess: Kawhi will tell the Lakers that they are doing a 1 and 1 with the Raps, but hey you guys, keep cap space for summer 2020, as the Lakers will be his preferred destination next summer if everything goes OK in La La Land.

I thought there might be too much risk in a short term deal, but the deals Thompson and Durant are apparently going to get show that there isn’t any. He could blow his quad again and still get 4 years max money.

He and Uncle Dennis told everyone on Lakeshore Blvd it's one more year, and that's my bet.
                                That's rational enough ... however Magic is no longer with the Lakers officially (he may not be able to attend)... why not just have the conv. with Buss? I think I'll just wait until someone decides ... too much subterfuge going on here. Ballmer must be tearing his hair out ... oh wait..

Comment

Working...
                                X