Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post
    Chuck thinks Kawhi should stay and they're right there with the Celtics for the finals.

    Chuck is the first American I've heard say anything positive about the Raptors & Kawhi in the last week.
    Chuck also said Toronto is going to the finals.

    Comment


    • LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I'm calling it now, OG and Leonard is the next great Raptor bro-mance, and will be the reason why Kawhi resigns with the Raptors. Both guys are quiet, no-nonsense, defensive specialists. And they both look like they hate the media when being interviewed. There was nobody on the Spurs which Leonard could relate to. Match made in heaven.
      I look forward to the OG and Kawhi commercial, with them sitting in a room together silently, making slight gestures, with a cut-out in the bottom right corner of the translator, who fills the rest of us in on their conversation

      *OG nods imperceptibly*

      Translator: I agree that a supply-side economic model may not be ideal for predicting market outcomes of specialty products with a niche consumer group, and especially for products with a national interest

      Comment


      • nubreed000 wrote: View Post
        Chuck also said Toronto is going to the finals.
        He said they had a very good chance. Vegas also thought the same (at one point they were the faves). But typical Demar and Co. couldn't do anything. Also FVV was hurt.

        Comment


        • Apollo wrote: View Post
          .
          So sick of Cowturd on this already ... "Canada ain't gonna get you a shoe deal" ... shut. the. fuck. up. you ignorant ass.

          Liked Broussard in this one though.

          Comment


          • nubreed000 wrote: View Post
            That's why these trades, the way they're handled, are so stupid. This isn't a done deal yet and everyone is freaking out like it is lol
            It's a done deal. Both players are already listed on the websites official roster.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • Joey wrote: View Post
              So sick of Cowturd on this already ... "Canada ain't gonna get you a shoe deal" ... shut. the. fuck. up. you ignorant ass.

              Liked Broussard in this one though.
              Lmao Kawhi already has a shoe deal where was he going with this

              Maybe he meant signature shoe?

              Comment


              • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                This is now the only positive thing to come out of the Star Wars prequels.

                Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                I used it on reddit once but I don't know if I was the first to come up with it. There's a bad Photoshop someone posted too lol.

                Comment


                • Joey wrote: View Post
                  So sick of Cowturd on this already ... "Canada ain't gonna get you a shoe deal" ... shut. the. fuck. up. you ignorant ass.

                  Liked Broussard in this one though.
                  These morons don't remember Vince.

                  If you're good enough, anything is possible even if you're in Canada.

                  Comment


                  • Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Lmao Kawhi already has a shoe deal where was he going with this

                    Maybe he meant signature shoe?
                    I think he is in negotiations with Jordan Brand for a new deal, but it's not like Jordan Brand is just going to forget who he is once he moves here. Lol And it's also not like Kawhi is suddenly going to become this unpersonable, nontalkative guy ... he's never been a marketers dream by any stretch. We are kindred spirits in that sense I guess. Haha

                    Comment


                    • Blue Jays had trouble too before the Championship years, then they got Molitor, Clemens, and was a free agent destination for mamy years. A good organization, deep pockets and great fan base attract FAs, likewise the Leafs now. Sacramento and the Clippers are in California but couldn't attract players. There arent alot of choices especially in a capped league every year. Not saying Kawhi is staying but organization is headed in the right direction

                      Comment


                      • Joey wrote: View Post
                        I think he is in negotiations with Jordan Brand for a new deal, but it's not like Jordan Brand is just going to forget who he is once he moves here. Lol And it's also not like Kawhi is suddenly going to become this unpersonable, nontalkative guy ... he's never been a marketers dream by any stretch. We are kindred spirits in that sense I guess. Haha

                        Comment


                        • Everything Kawhi Leonard

                          Joey wrote: View Post
                          I think he is in negotiations with Jordan Brand for a new deal, but it's not like Jordan Brand is just going to forget who he is once he moves here. Lol And it's also not like Kawhi is suddenly going to become this unpersonable, nontalkative guy ... he's never been a marketers dream by any stretch. We are kindred spirits in that sense I guess. Haha

                          Comment


                          • One of the reasons Kawhi wanted to go to LA was for endorsements. Supposedly he was not happy that he was only getting 5Mil a year, when other players of his caliber were getting 10. He blamed it partially on the fact that he was in SA, but if he wants the big cash he has to put himself out there more. Now he's in a top 6 market

                            Comment


                            • There is a bit of a myth when it comes to marketing a player in Canada.. it's hard and rare. Sidney Crosby is the most recognizable player in hockey, is Canadian, and still *only* made like $5M in endorsements last year.
                              https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad.../#2438d5092ac3

                              If Kawhi wants $5M he can do it.. I believe DeMar got that from Gatorade and Nike according to Forbes:
                              https://www.forbes.com/profile/demar.../#1dc82fdc24b6

                              I don't think Canadian's really care if a star athlete or celebrity is hawking Canadian products. They'll buy the product if they like it. or they won't if they don't. We don't really have that many options.

                              But you can still sell yourself in the US if you have a good marketing rep even if you live in Canada. This is a global world.. Need to think bigger than just Canada to make $$$.

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                                There is a bit of a myth when it comes to marketing a player in Canada.. it's hard and rare. Sidney Crosby is the most recognizable player in hockey, is Canadian, and still *only* made like $5M in endorsements last year.
                                https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad.../#2438d5092ac3

                                If Kawhi wants $5M he can do it.. I believe DeMar got that from Gatorade and Nike according to Forbes:
                                https://www.forbes.com/profile/demar.../#1dc82fdc24b6

                                I don't think Canadian's really care if a star athlete or celebrity is hawking Canadian products. They'll buy the product if they like it. or they won't if they don't. We don't really have that many options.

                                But you can still sell yourself in the US if you have a good marketing rep even if you live in Canada. This is a global world.. Need to think bigger than just Canada to make $$$.
                                With Crosby, you're ignoring the fact that the NHL is ridiculously bad at marketing - especially when it comes to their stars. You can absolutely make a ton off endorsements here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X