Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day One wrote: View Post
    These people thinking Kawhi is gone are weird as fuck lol
    Just being realistic. It's well known that LA was his original destination choice. Many folks thought he would lean towards the Clippers in order to be the clear cut alpha but I'm not sure how much he cares about that. Only things I know about Kawhi for sure is that he likes LA and he wants to compete for titles and the Lakers give him both of those things.

For many other people, staying with the Raptors might seem like the obvious choice but Kawhi isn't many other people.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Yup. I think he is gone. If he was staying, we would have heard something by now.
      While I too feel he may be headed to the Lakers, it’s not because of anything we have or haven’t heard. Kawhi is very literal with what he does and if we at least believe the minimal intel that he had no formal meeting yesterday and he would meet some teams today and tomorrow before giving the Raps the last meeting, I think that’s exactly what he’s going to do. And then he might even think about it! Not easy to hold our collective breath for that long but that’s the plan

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I guess Seth didn’t hear those rumblings when he signed with Dallas. Green will go where Kawhi goes or where the money is. Rondo? Wasn’t he part of the famous practical joke known as the 2018/19 Lakers free agent signings (Post Lebron)? Iggy is on his last legs. Kawhi is the only thing that could make them a powerhouse.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

I guess Seth didn’t hear those rumblings when he signed with Dallas. Green will go where Kawhi goes or where the money is. Rondo? Wasn’t he part of the famous practical joke known as the 2018/19 Lakers free agent signings (Post Lebron)? Iggy is on his last legs. Kawhi is the only thing that could make them a powerhouse.
          Lakers are low-key fucked if Kawhi doesn’t go there, or at least they’d be as fucked as you can be while still having LeBron and Davis. They’re going to have to sign like 8-10 minimum guys, which is unprecedented, and the longer Kawhi’s decision takes the shallower the remaining FA pool will get
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• if kawhi wants to talk to magic first, i'm assuming that its because he wants to know what the fuck is wrong with the place.

why didnt paul george go to the lakers when he had the chance?
            why didnt lakers trade for kawhi when kawhi wanted out of san antonio?
            why did the lakers gut the team for AD and yet seemingly didnt want to do so for kawhi?
            if the organization is so good, why did magic quit? (semi-rhetorically since he's already publicly spat on rob pelinka and co)
            who will the organization be trying to appease in order of priority? obviously lebron and then AD. so is kawhi gonna be ok being 3rd priority on everything?
            will kawhi be ok with probably having to play heavy regular season minutes since they basically only have like 3 players right now?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              if kawhi wants to talk to magic first, i'm assuming that its because he wants to know what the fuck is wrong with the place.

why did the lakers gut the team for AD and yet seemingly didnt want to do so for kawhi?
              if the organization is so good, why did magic quit? (semi-rhetorically since he's already publicly spat on rob pelinka and co)
              who will the organization be trying to appease in order of priority? obviously lebron and then AD. so is kawhi gonna be ok being 3rd priority on everything?
              will kawhi be ok with probably having to play heavy regular season minutes since they basically only have like 3 players right now?
              Very interesting post. Makes sense.

Comment

if kawhi wants to talk to magic first, i'm assuming that its because he wants to know what the fuck is wrong with the place.

Based on some of the reports, Kawhi is big on loyalty and stability. He had that for the most part in San Antonio and had that with Toronto.

Comment

• Kawhi has two finals MVPs. In what reality is he not ahead of AD? I don't think it's this one.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Kawhi has two finals MVPs. In what reality is he not ahead of AD? I don't think it's this one.
                    I still think it speaks volumes that they gutted the team for AD but couldn’t get anything done for kawhi when he expressed interest to go to LA. didn’t seem like kawhi was treated as a priority to me.

Comment

I still think it speaks volumes that they gutted the team for AD but couldn’t get anything done for kawhi when he expressed interest to go to LA. didn’t seem like kawhi was treated as a priority to me.
                      I can see where Kawhi can be peeved about LA not going to the mat to acquire him (in a jolt of egotism). Now I have no idea what Pops wanted to extort from the Lakers (and I use the term advisedly).

1) they are in the same conference
                      2) no love lost between the two orgs.
                      3) set the price high... LA might bite
                      4) The Spurs were pissed at Kawhi at the time ...no favours
                      5) Kawhi being the tight lipped type did not help ... LA had no idea what his medical issues were except that he was still "injured"
                      6) there may even have been a bit of "send Kawhi to Siberia" to the deal.
                      7) most likely some combo of the above ...the Lakers have not been very astute since the old Buss departed and Kupchak let go

Comment

• uhhh so if this account is to be believed (the twitter account belongs to a reddit poster who has been breaking legit lakers news for a while), then kawhi has signed with the lakers

https://twitter.com/RDAmbition_/stat...31903137632257

Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Jul 1st, 2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Well this isn't nice to hear at all

Comment

• Again, no idea whether or not the Kawhi to Lakers is true - but one might think, that after all the other 'big name' free agents have spurned the Lakers, and with most of the second tier players already off the board, that this guy's source in the front office might have leaked something somewhat-specific just to keep the Lakers in a spotlight-adjacent position.

Had Kawhi agreed to sign with the Lakers, it'd be plastered over the national media by now

Comment

• would this be a new franchise low?

like the entire history of the raptors franchise (and of raptors fandom, by extension) to now has been a struggle for legitimacy in this league. i mostly poked fun at the collective insecurity in the past, because we were fucking irrelevant so of course we'd be dismissed. i thought the perception would change and all the “the air smells different/how do i watch espn?/i don’t want my children to go to school in canada” shit would die the day we became a legitimate contender.

but we just won the chip. it was a fucking spectacular ride with a tonne of magical moments and the entire country got on the raptors bandwagon. the dude at the center of it all had an all-time run and became a national hero.

and he's promptly leaving for the cicus in LA and to become one of lebron’s latest sidekicks? and toronto didn’t even get a chance to make their pitch?

fuck that.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                                would this be a new franchise low?

like the entire history of the raptors franchise (and of raptors fandom, by extension) to now has been a struggle for legitimacy in this league. i mostly poked fun at the collective insecurity in the past, because we were fucking irrelevant so of course we'd be dismissed. i thought the perception would change and all the “the air smells different/how do i watch espn?/i don’t want my children to go to school in canada” shit would die the day we became a legitimate contender.

but we just won the chip. it was a fucking spectacular ride with a tonne of magical moments and the entire country got on the raptors bandwagon. the dude at the center of it all had an all-time run and became a national hero.

and he's promptly leaving for the cicus in LA and to become one of lebron’s latest sidekicks? and toronto didn’t even get a chance to make their pitch?

fuck that.
                                I'm with you

Comment

Working...
                                X