No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one knew anything. Can’t listen to the 24 hours news cycle. Not one of them.

Its too too bad he’s gone but at least it was the clippers. I would have been pissed if it was the Lakers.

Hopefully we we get to see some fun movement over the summer. Let’s go Raptors!

Comment

• Thank you for the championship! He ultimately wanted to go home.

Sad to see Green go too

Comment

• There goes our Christmas game....likely to the Clippers

Comment

• lol oh well.

thanks for the championship.

hope he has zero success in LA.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            He didn't ask to be traded here.
            He played his azz off for us.
            We won the chip.
            That can't be taken away from us.
            You couldn't ask for anything more really.
            Forever grateful....

But it not only reinforces but cements the notion that truly elite FA won't choose or stay in Toronto.
            Weather really is a negative here if you don't have the pedigree of the Celtics, Bulls or even the NY area.
            Look, I wanted the Raps to chase Durant before he went to Golden State but there was no chance.
            I wanted them to pursue The Brow and bring him TO but there really was no chance.
            I want them to land Giannis in 2021 but realistically, if the Masai magic didn't work with Kawhi, there is no chance.

Giannis is likely similar to most other NBA players at this time. They want another superstar or two to team up with. And unless Siakam morphs into that other superstar, I just don't see it and without a superstar, this team is out in the 2nd round imo, treadmill team, whatever.

So my hot take is that if we could blow it up and trade Kyle, Serge and Gasol for up and coming talent and high picks, I'd do it. But realistically, you're not getting much in return for them and MLSE will want to milk the goodwill from last seaosn into more $$$ this year and finish 2-5 in the division.

So thank you Kawhi for all you did, never forget you man. But the Raps franchise is actually set back a step in terms of FA attraction going forward; if he wouldn't stay after all this, who would? And unfortunately, the ring ceremony will ring a bit hollow now.

Hot take over for now.
            Pretty good post really. (except for the "grateful" part)

If I'm honest, if I were the GM of the Raptors, I'd have made the same gamble move to get Kawhi Leonard, ya kinda had to. But the reality remained, if you couldn't retain that guy, you were gonna be sent back to the stone ages as a franchise.

Winter was coming alright, and trust me, it might not be pretty in Toronto.

As for Leonard. I don't hate the guy, but I never actually liked him to start He was stand offish, very me first, and his load management bothered me when his teammates were grinding themselves for 82 games. All through the playoffs, and at the celebrations, every interview he was careful to speak only about himself, as a separate entity from the rest of the team, which, if you were paying attention closely, already foreshadowed what he planned to do.

I had hoped the Raptors could retain the guy, he's a good player, but I am not surprised, and I don't miss him as much as some others..... in fact, I think he owes Toronto a fuck of a lot more than that franchise "owes" him. They brought him in and fed him a ring. The Toronto franchise was the #1 seed or close for the last 5 years. They were close, and Kawhi wasn't the only addition the put them over the top, heck, Derozan + Gasol+green+New Siakam + Van VleetX5 exp points could likely have been just as good. In reality, Kawhi might not win next year, and if he doesn't, than Toronto looks a lot better to the naked eye than they do now. The media will create narratives, but the reality remains, Toronto is a top 3 Playoff performer over the last 6 years or so, thats cold fact, thats numbers and stats. Toronto isn't a shitty destination, nor is it a shitty franchise.

The Raps are a premier franchise, in a premier location.
            Personally, I have been an athlete, albeit only University level, but good enough to understand what it is to be a competitor, and a teammate. If a player left my team to go "win" he was dead to me. Kawhi leaving to go where its best to "win", by stacking the fuck out of a team, by leaving a team, and 12 other guys who carried the load for him all year and then fed him a ring.....you know where he WON..... yeah, THAT part is why he's dead to me. It ain't personal, I just don't like his way of doing things, he's a prima donna really. And the way it will play in the media will hurt my favourite teams reputation, no matter how bogus that narrative actually is.

NBA got what it wanted however.... all the stars are in LA, with all the media, with all the Hollywood bullshit. If you ask me, the NBA is officially dead, it's jumped the Shark as a Sports franchise. I think I might even find a bookie to bet cash this year to prove it as I can likely predict games all year long based upon the week, or months current narratives.

Anyhow, have a happy summer peeps.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Kinda disagree. I can see Kyle, Gasol and Serge not giving max effort for some reason. They ran on adrenaline and that just signed in LA
              What was the Raptors' record without Kawhi last year? And most of that was before Gasol got here. This is a strong team. The guys leftover are prideful, dedicated, smart and skilled.

Are you familiar with the Ewing theory? This will take the Ewing Theory to a whole new level. Buckle up for the Leonard Theory.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• This feels like trying to court a girl, doing everything right and she looks so happy with you, just to have her bolt for the other dude.

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post
                  This feels like kidnapping a girl, doing everything right and she looks so happy with you, just to have her bolt for the other dude.
                  ftfy

"Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

ftfy
                    hahahahahaha

Comment

What was the Raptors' record without Kawhi last year? And most of that was before Gasol got here. This is a strong team. The guys leftover are prideful, dedicated, smart and skilled.

Are you familiar with the Ewing theory? This will take the Ewing Theory to a whole new level. Buckle up for the Leonard Theory.
                      Yep. Might not win another Championship because hey, the one they got was by the skin of their teeth.....but, they aren't crap either.

Comment

• -_-
                        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Man what a huge bummer. Damn Jerry West. Wonder if Masai was told about the Paul George thing, and he tried to get him too?

We won the chip.. the next stage will be rough but we have Masai to help us through it. Wonder if Masai holds steady with all these expiring veterans or starts trading a few of them now? Will be interesting anyway for the next two weeks.

If we run it back.. we'll be okay but not good enough to win of course. Even though the Bucks and 76ers look worse than last year.. I don't see the Raps ahead of them.

As for Kawhi.. well I can't boo the man. He got us a ring. He'll always have a special place in my heart for that. But I don't want an LA team to succeed. So good luck, but hope they lose.

LA vs LA could be fun though. Clippers bench look so much better though. They should be the favourites coming out of the West.

Comment

• Well, this sucks.

Comment

• Do we still get Xmas day game or nah?

Comment

I get that but I just think losing Kawhi will be mentally deflating for players who are all a year older. I don't think Serge and Gasol particularly have it in them to play with a chip on their shoulder for 82 games. Kyle will revert to full time surly Kyle but will sulk through periods.

Comment

Working...
                                X