No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far so good on Kawhi’s excellent adventure !

The first speed bump from the screaming talking heads “ Leonard doesn’t like Toronto...he won’t even report” seems to have been crossed without much fuss.

The next one up “Is he even healthy ?” might be answered this week in the USA basketball summer slam get together this week.
    If Leonard does indeed show at camp and does hit the court it will go a long way to ending the speculation that he is a near cripple. If he opts out of drills as is his right (Lebron did this last year) get ready for dire predictions ranging from his health to his intent to even play this year.

As to the near unanimous cookie cutter hot takes (mostly from LA based talking heads, not they have any kind of a bias) that there is 0% chance that Kawhi stays and will most likely just go through the motions and bolts after the season no questions asked is not as much of a sure thing as it was even a week ago.

Should be an interesting week
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Did he pass his physical yet? he was in TO last fri right? how come there's no report on this? the silence is deafening.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Guys it's KAWHI. Not Kwahi. Not Kawahi. Not Kahwi.

KAWHI.

Hopefully Masai works his magic and you terrible spellers will have 4 more years to practice it.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Did he pass his physical yet? he was in TO last fri right? how come there's no report on this? the silence is deafening.
          Honestly, how could he have NOT taken his physical yet. And if he has, why has it not been reported about yet?

Comment

• For those wondering about Kawhi's physical:

Comment

• Are people really worried about his physical? Hes fine, especially considering the silence, there is probably nothing noteworthy to say.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                Are people really worried about his physical? Hes fine, especially considering the silence, there is probably nothing noteworthy to say.
                All the rumours leading up to the trade were that Kawhi was going to be at this USA Basketball camp to showcase that he was healthy to prospective trade partners (presumably hoping to get LAC or LAL to cough up the assets necessary to get there this summer). Now rumours are that he may or may not participate - which makes sense, as he's already been traded and has no reason to showcase his health anymore. But the idea that he was healthy and wanted to showcase it is still perfectly valid, and there's no reason to suspect he would fail a physical.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  For those wondering about Kawhi's physical:

When it's put like that it makes a lot of sense why we've not heard a peep.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    When it's put like that it makes a lot of sense why we've not heard a peep.
                    Yeah I think the Raptors want to keep this as quiet as possible. Less drama for them and Kawhi. Have you to make him as happy as possible!

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Are people really worried about his physical? Hes fine, especially considering the silence, there is probably nothing noteworthy to say.
                      At this point, the relationship with Derozan is too damaged to undo the trade, even if he fails the physical, the raptors would push the trade thru, and allow him to rehab in peace, and given what happened in san antonio. Raptors are sure as hell aren't gonna pressure or question him about rehab.

Health news won't matter untill training camp opens, he still has a month to recover at his own pace.

Comment

• I have no idea how relevant this news is but:

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            I have no idea how relevant this news is but:

He turned down a $20M extension with them. That's why.

Comment

Oh I see. Didn't catch that news. Would this have any impact on his decision to stay in Toronto?

Comment

This guy is truly an enigma. I have no idea what the motivation for anything he does, is.

Comment

Working...
                                X