Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TBH, I thought the answer would be 90% Lakers so I'm impressed they gave us more than a 25% chance. Unrelated but also interesting, though it's only at a low percentage, they list 10 teams in the running to sign Jimmy Butler and we are on that list. What past Raps team would have been on a list of the top third tier in the league to sign a star free agent?

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ummer-forecast

    Comment


    • Jclaw wrote: View Post
      TBH, I thought the answer would be 90% Lakers so I'm impressed they gave us more than a 25% chance. Unrelated but also interesting, though it's only at a low percentage, they list 10 teams in the running to sign Jimmy Butler and we are on that list. What past Raps team would have been on a list of the top third tier in the league to sign a star free agent?

      http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ummer-forecast
      Morey said this at a conference I went to, but getting that first superstar gets you into a club. These guys all talk with each other (maybe not so much Kawhi) and know who the best 10 or so guys in the league are. You aren't going to be privy to those discussions or conversations if you don't have a guy in that club. That's how Houston got CP3, because they had Harden and they were able to work behind the scenes that way. Without a superstar you can't do that.

      Then again, imo Butler is not a superstar or a top 10 player but it's the same idea.

      Comment


      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Morey said this at a conference I went to, but getting that first superstar gets you into a club. These guys all talk with each other (maybe not so much Kawhi) and know who the best 10 or so guys in the league are. You aren't going to be privy to those discussions or conversations if you don't have a guy in that club. That's how Houston got CP3, because they had Harden and they were able to work behind the scenes that way. Without a superstar you can't do that.

        Then again, imo Butler is not a superstar or a top 10 player but it's the same idea.
        You went to Sloan?

        It sucks that Derozan is buddies with people, but could never bring talent to the Raptors. Hopefully Leonard can change things for us.

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          I agree.. but it's still irritating to have to listen to the optimistic take all the time. It's not going to be an issue for most casual fans.. but for the hard core ones it can be irritating. Thank god for RR
          Ya we definitely don't lack for pessimism round these parts. Lol

          Comment


          • Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            You went to Sloan?

            It sucks that Derozan is buddies with people, but could never bring talent to the Raptors. Hopefully Leonard can change things for us.
            No not Sloan, something smaller.

            Comment


            • Jclaw wrote: View Post
              TBH, I thought the answer would be 90% Lakers so I'm impressed they gave us more than a 25% chance. Unrelated but also interesting, though it's only at a low percentage, they list 10 teams in the running to sign Jimmy Butler and we are on that list. What past Raps team would have been on a list of the top third tier in the league to sign a star free agent?

              http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ummer-forecast
              Man, it never ceases to amaze me how the Knicks manages to suck for some many years, and yet at the same time always generate traction as potential FA landings. Like, I know it's NY, but damn...
              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

              Comment


              • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                Man, it never ceases to amaze me how the Knicks manages to suck for some many years, and yet at the same time always generate traction as potential FA landings. Like, I know it's NY, but damn...
                It has always been the media capital of n. America if not the world which lends to a lot of news and gossip originating from there. Just the natural order of things. Their owner kind of balances outcomes

                Comment


                • Bendit wrote: View Post
                  It has always been the media capital of n. America if not the world which lends to a lot of news and gossip originating from there. Just the natural order of things. Their owner kind of balances outcomes
                  But it being the media capital seems to lead to a lot of players having a pretty shitty time there. Carmelo's experience, though largely his fault as well, should be fresh in players' minds.

                  Comment


                  • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    But it being the media capital seems to lead to a lot of players having a pretty shitty time there. Carmelo's experience, though largely his fault as well, should be fresh in players' minds.
                    There is a reason why the Knicks have not won a championship in 45 years despite all the advantages. They dont have the patience to fully rebuild and dont have the patience for long term vision. Things are looking like they might change now but my gut feeling is telling me that as soon as they will get a taste of a little bit of winning than they will go back to their old destructive ways. The Knicks are like an alcoholic, they cannot control or help themselves.

                    Comment


                    • LOL is it weird that I just realized that this Kawhi Leonard trade would not have been as amazing as it is if it were for the Knicks and Bargnani?

                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I agree.. but it's still irritating to have to listen to the optimistic take all the time. It's not going to be an issue for most casual fans.. but for the hard core ones it can be irritating. Thank god for RR

                        Comment


                        • Interesting take on Coach Pop and the Spurs system.
                          DeMar should definitely watch this in his spare time.
                          In his room.
                          Alone.

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdcNrRuT2CE

                          Comment


                          • Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                            Interesting take on Coach Pop and the Spurs system.
                            DeMar should definitely watch this in his spare time.
                            In his room.
                            Alone.

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdcNrRuT2CE
                            Demar probably isn't going to like his 2 years stint in San Antonio.

                            Unlike with the Raptors, DD overall play will be scrutinized and magnified on a game per game basis to fit SA system. On games where he can't guard the opposition, his minutes will be reduced considerably and regulated to a bench role.

                            Unlike Casey who kept a tight lip witn DeMar, Pops will chew you out immediately after a bad play in front of the whole world if you didn't do your assignment according to the play ( he chews up everybody until they get in line).

                            Don't be surprised if Demar avg less than 20 points a game. The freedom to do what you want on the floor is over and that includes needless arguments with the refs after they made their decisions.

                            Comment


                            • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Demar probably isn't going to like his 2 years stint in San Antonio.

                              Unlike with the Raptors, DD overall play will be scrutinized and magnified on a game per game basis to fit SA system. On games where he can't guard the opposition, his minutes will be reduced considerably and regulated to a bench role.

                              Unlike Casey who kept a tight lip witn DeMar, Pops will chew you out immediately after a bad play in front of the whole world if you didn't do your assignment according to the play ( he chews up everybody until they get in line).

                              Don't be surprised if Demar avg less than 20 points a game. The freedom to do what you want on the floor is over and that includes needless arguments with the refs after they made their decisions.
                              l wonder how DD will react when he botches a play or misses a defensive assignment and POP yells hard at him.

                              Comment


                              • Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                                l wonder how DD will react when he botches a play or misses a defensive assignment and POP yells hard at him.
                                He will write about broken promises and respect on his instagram page.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X