Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hotshot wrote: View Post
    He will write about broken promises and respect on his instagram page.
    That's a normal reaction. Find a new slant.

    (Enough little pot shots at Derozan. We're better than that)
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
      That's a normal reaction. Find a new slant.

      (Enough little pot shots at Derozan. We're better than that)
      You need to relax, its one thing to be upset, its another thing to slander and bitch about the president of the franchise on the internet. Sorry but he could and should have handled it better.

      Comment


      • Hotshot wrote: View Post
        You need to relax, its one thing to be upset, its another thing to slander and bitch about the president of the franchise on the internet. Sorry but he could and should have handled it better.
        Frankly, I believe the position or title doesn't really matter, he's upset about Masai as an friend (I think he considered him one). That's it and as Keon said, it's quite normal, because that person was willing to be face of the franchise and retire as a Raptor, yet he was lied to, what friends don't do (I also understand why Masai lied to him, even though the trade talks were ongoing at the time, sacrificing his relationship and reputation for organization).
        Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat Aug 18, 2018, 11:40 AM.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

        Comment


        • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          Frankly, I believe the position or title doesn't really matter, he's upset about Masai as an friend (I think he considered him one). That's it and as Keon said, it's quite normal, because that person was willing to be face of the franchise and retire as a Raptor, yet he was lied to, what friends don't do (I also understand why Masai lied to him, even though the trade talks were ongoing at the time, sacrificing his relationship and reputation for organization).
          A) Masai didnt lie to him.
          B) DeMar never stated they were friends and even if they were they were business first.
          C) You have a right to be upset, but slandering your former business partner for the whole world for what was a normal business transaction in which you felt short change was wrong. There is some PR damage that was done to the franchise and the stain might stick for a few years and hurt the Raptors.

          Comment


          • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Frankly, I believe the position or title doesn't really matter, he's upset about Masai as an friend (I think he considered him one). That's it and as Keon said, it's quite normal, because that person was willing to be face of the franchise and retire as a Raptor, yet he was lied to, what friends don't do (I also understand why Masai lied to him, even though the trade talks were ongoing at the time, sacrificing his relationship and reputation for organization).

            Comment


            • Hotshot wrote: View Post
              A)Masai didnt lie to him.
              B) DeMar never stated they were friends and even if they were they were business first.
              C) You have a right to be upset, but slandering your former business partner for the whole world for what was a normal business transaction in which you felt short change was wrong. There is some PR damage that was done to the franchise and the stain might stick for a few years and hurt the Raptors.
              A) I think he actually did, I'm with Demar on this one, otherwise, Masai wouldn't have sweated so much during the trade announcement. I think it was pretty obvious that he literally implied to Demar he's not going to be traded.
              B) Yes, we can't know, but it makes sense to think that they've developed this relationship throughout many years. Demar mentioned in one of his interviews after the trade that he was expecting honesty, that's all, the rest he understood.
              C) Not sure how that's slandering, if Masai actually lied to him, yet on public he's telling different version of events. He just said it's "BS" and that he was lied to. That is all.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

              Comment


              • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                A) I think he actually did, I'm with Demar on this one, otherwise, Masai wouldn't have sweated so much during the trade announcement. I think it was pretty obvious that he literally implied to Demar he's not going to be traded.
                B) Yes, we can't know, but it makes sense to think that they've developed this relationship throughout many years. Demar mentioned in one of his interviews after the trade that he was expecting honesty, that's all, the rest he understood.
                C) Not sure how that's slandering, if Masai actually lied to him, yet on public he's telling different version of events. He just said it's "BS" and that he was lied to. That is all.
                A) Masai sweating had nothing to do with it, good liars tend to be cool as a cucumber because they are good liars. Dude just got back from the airport straight to this from Africa. Lets see you come back on an overnight flight all fresh and cheery into a press conference.
                B) It was stupid of DD to have asked this question without using his agent. In this business lots of money is at stakes and players get traded all the time. I believe there was miscommunication between the two. When DD asked if he was gonna get traded, Masai didnt have a deal at the time
                and did not have a crystal ball knowing the Spurs would actually want to trade with the Raps as well as wanting Demar a few days later, therefore he said no.
                C) its slandering when you refer to the GM as a liar and dishonest. He doesn't owe you shit, in the grand scheme of things he did his job, get over it and take the high road.

                Comment


                • I keep reading what a disservice Demar did to Toronto. I firmly believe that he had a good reason to be upset on a personal level IF he was lied to, but at a professional level it went on to the point where it could possibly hurt him. But for Toronto... it was like a 16 year old girl becoming more popular because her jilted boyfriend over reacted.

                  Comment


                  • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    A) Masai sweating had nothing to do with it, good liars tend to be cool as a cucumber because they are good liars. Dude just got back from the airport straight to this from Africa. Lets see you come back on an overnight flight all fresh and cheery into a press conference.
                    B) It was stupid of DD to have asked this question without using his agent. In this business lots of money is at stakes and players get traded all the time. I believe there was miscommunication between the two. When DD asked if he was gonna get traded, Masai didnt have a deal at the time
                    and did not have a crystal ball knowing the Spurs would actually want to trade with the Raps as well as wanting Demar a few days later, therefore he said no.
                    C) its slandering when you refer to the GM as a liar and dishonest. He doesn't owe you shit, in the grand scheme of things he did his job, get over it and take the high road.
                    Just realised that it doesn't really matter anymore, I get your point of perspective though. I'm just not taking this whole corporate/business side of things in this world too seriously even though I completely understand it.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                    Comment


                    • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                      Just realised that it doesn't really matter anymore, I get your point of perspective though. I'm just not taking this whole corporate/business side of things in this world too seriously even though I completely understand it.
                      The thing is prespective goes both ways. DD in an interview a year ago admitted that if Lowry was going to get traded when Masai took over, he would have demanded a trade too because he didnt want to go through a rebuilding process. So if we are talking about loyalty, it goes as far as signing a contract which outlines all your obligations and your team obligations to you. Getting traded is part of the contract stipulations (that's why you get payed more) but demanding a trade isn't.

                      Comment


                      • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        The thing is prespective goes both ways. DD in an interview a year ago admitted that if Lowry was going to get traded when Masai took over, he would have demanded a trade too because he didnt want to go through a rebuilding process. So if we are talking about loyalty, it goes as far as signing a contract which outlines all your obligations and your team obligations to you. Getting traded is part of the contract stipulations (that's why you get payed more) but demanding a trade isn't.
                        Fair enough
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Question for Dan or other basketball stats familiar guys. Is there a way to find out which pairings or groupings of players Kawhi seems to be most productive with? While on the Spurs, who did he play with when he had his greatest impact? I have read suggestions from lots of knowledgeable people but I wondered if there was a way to validate the suggestions. If we can identify which players he has been most impactful with in the past, it should be possible to suggest which members of the Raptors team you want him spending the most time with.

                            I am going at it this way because anybody playing with him should see their own impact go up because Kawhi will automatically draw the best defender to himself, leaving the rest of the players on the floor to face less effective defenders.

                            So does Kawhi need other shooters, to prevent helping? Slashes and cutters to receive passes? Nimble fingered bigs, excellent passers who can pass to him in transition, rebounders who can start a fast break? I mean he needs all of those, but do the Raptors have the right ingredients to bake that conference final pie?

                            Comment


                            • Puffer wrote: View Post
                              ....I mean he needs all of those, but do the Raptors have the right ingredients to bake that conference final pie?
                              I'd say they have the ingredients for sure. Question is, can Nurse cook it right.

                              I'm optimistic he can - the implementation of his offence last year was probably the most impactful tactical overhaul this team has ever seen. If everyone is healthy for the playoffs and none of Lowry/OG/Siakam/FVV regress, that pie is coming.
                              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                              Comment


                              • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                I'd say they have the ingredients for sure. Question is, can Nurse cook it right.

                                I'm optimistic he can - the implementation of his offence last year was probably the most impactful tactical overhaul this team has ever seen. If everyone is healthy for the playoffs and none of Lowry/OG/Siakam/FVV regress, that pie is coming.
                                Nurse can pretty much duplicate last season success but when they hit a wall, that's where some intervention and craftiness or lineup changes/benching players needed to implement. Last two seasons the Raps regressed after 3 months of the season, they never got to be as dominating as they did before and the play/defence suffered as they headed into the playoffs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X