Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Hakeem never played a game here anywhere near his prime
    Same with Kawhi, not even 1 minute in his prime yet....if he ever decides to suit up LOL

Comment

I came around about a week ago on acquiring Kawhi. We spend hours, days, weeks, months, years on here solely debating tanking, running it back, trades etc..ALL in the name of one day finding a top 5 superstar. I've always been on the side of trying acquire one by trade but other than harden, paul in 2009 or whatever, shaq in 2004..these things don't happen.

We had to do it.
      I agree. I was always pro-tank because trading for Top 5 player just seemed unrealistic. I'll take this L
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Hakeem never played a game here anywhere near his prime
        Neither has Leonard, yet, and it sounds like there's an off-chance he never does, depending on how immature he really is and how much bad advice he's really getting.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

I came around about a week ago on acquiring Kawhi. We spend hours, days, weeks, months, years on here solely debating tanking, running it back, trades etc..ALL in the name of one day finding a top 5 superstar. I've always been on the side of trying acquire one by trade but other than harden, paul in 2009 or whatever, shaq in 2004..these things don't happen.

We had to do it.
          Yeah I'm just glad to see we've picked a firm direction without screwing ourselves in the long-term. If he leaves it'll suck to miss out on the assets we could've recouped for DeMar, but at least we've kept our best prospect in tow to start a rebuild with.

Also if the Lakers are trying to sign 2 max FAs, they might engage us on a Deng S&T and we could get a prospect out of them potentially.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            I agree. I was always pro-tank because trading for Top 5 player just seemed unrealistic. I'll take this L
            So was I until the rumours the Spurs were willing to trade Kawhi came up. Since then I've been hoping we deal for him as a depressed asset.

Comment

• Do you think Kawhi will finally say something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

We had to do it.
                Yup. If Kawhi suits up, the "should we have tanked for Wiggins" debate is pretty much done, finished.... kaput. Masai traded his way to that true superstar, even if it is for just one season. This is kind of like our David Price moment, albeit a lot more expensive, but a much longer rental. And it's taking us from good to great, instead of just making the playoffs. The hardcore Raptor fans that obsess over every detail of this team know that this had to be done.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                  Do you think Kawhi will finally say something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  lol. This dude is like waiting for the groundhog to see his shadow.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Also if the Lakers are trying to sign 2 max FAs, they might engage us on a Deng S&T and we could get a prospect out of them potentially.
                    This is probably the most positive outcome looking at things as they stand right now with Kawhi's stance that he doesn't want to be in TO.

If nothing changes, maybe they can pry Kuzma or Hart + Deng for Kawhi in December so Lebron and Kawhi can get started a few months early.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• I just can't wait to see Kawhi, OG and Siakam on the floor at the same time. I feel bad for all guards and wings.

Comment

• What can we - as fans - do to keep Kawhi here?

Should we throw a parade when he arrives? Bring "Please stay Kawhi!" signs to Raptors games?

There's gotta' be something. Hmph.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
                        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                          What can we - as fans - do to keep Kawhi here?

Should we throw a parade when he arrives? Bring "Please stay Kawhi!" signs to Raptors games?

There's gotta' be something. Hmph.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
                          Drake gotta send his jamaicans to murda uncle Dennis
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Will he play?

Comment

• Maybe Masaii promised him no THC testing in his contract. Maybe he wanted to go to LA because that's where he knew a guy.

Anyway, I sure hope Kawhi and Masai (feels good to type!) had a private chat at least before the deal was consummated.

Comment

• Beagle wrote: View Post
                                Anyway, I sure hope Kawhi and Masai (feels good to type!) had a private chat at least before the deal was consummated.
                                Apparently the two sides did talk before the trade was done, and when they did, Kawhi (or is camp) reiterated that he doesn't want to play for Toronto. They traded for him regardless of that fact. So either he changes his mind sometime in the next 11 months, or he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X