No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He HAS to play or basically ruins his entire career and costs himself a fortune. If he does sit out/fake injury or whatever the case, it just jump starts our rebuild for us. Which basically had to happen anyway seeing what our ceiling was in the playoffs with a Lowry/Derozan core. Shedding Derozan's salary now is a great move. Imagine him playing the next 4 years of early exits in the playoffs, then us having to turn around and offer him another massive contract. Masai had to roll the dice, mediocrity is not an option for this guy.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      AGAIN, it's not about DeRozan. It's about Leonard.

After the season ended i said that it's time for Masai to make some changes. I was aboard trading for Kawhi even for a rental. I even said that i would trade the ENTIRE roster for Kawhi Leonard or Klay Thompson.

But then Chris Haynes just a couple of housr ago tweeted that Kawhi has no desire to play in Toronto. That's a problem.
      Who the hell is Chris Haynes?

Honestly asking he doesn't have a wikipedia
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
        He HAS to play or basically ruins his entire career and costs himself a fortune. If he does sit out/fake injury or whatever the case, it just jump starts our rebuild for us. Which basically had to happen anyway seeing what our ceiling was in the playoffs with a Lowry/Derozan core. Shedding Derozan's salary now is a great move. Imagine him playing the next 4 years of early exits in the playoffs, then us having to turn around and offer him another massive contract. Masai had to roll the dice, mediocrity is not an option for this guy.
        Keep in mind he had clearance from doctors to return to the Spurs and wouldn't. If I understand correctly, at that point they were within their right to start fining him for not honoring the contract. They didn't hit the nuke button though.

Comment

• The reports are out, including from Windhorst, that he's going to cooperate and be professional this season. Didn't even take a day.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Keep in mind he had clearance from doctors to return to the Spurs and wouldn't. If I understand correctly, at that point they were within their right to start fining him for not honoring the contract. They didn't hit the nuke button though.
            You have to wonder if they were getting close (to hitting the nuke button). Maybe they always thought they had some shot at reconciliation

Comment

• Can somebody find this dude and get a quote? Are we sure he still exists?

Comment

• if kawhi makes the finals with us ... and lets say.. hypothetically we win?.... then he walks.... would you be willing to retire his jersey?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  if kawhi makes the finals with us ... and lets say.. hypothetically we win?.... then he walks.... would you be willing to retire his jersey?
                  If he brings a championship to Toronto, I say we retire his uncles jersey as well.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    if kawhi makes the finals with us ... and lets say.. hypothetically we win?.... then he walks.... would you be willing to retire his jersey?
                    No

If however, he then resigns with the Raptors for three years and we win the title each of those years too ...

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      No

If however, he then resigns with the Raptors for three years and we win the title each of those years too ...
                      He needs to win four consecutive championships for a team that has never won one? Sheesh tough crowd

Comment

• https://www.tsn.ca/nba/video/can-the...george~1441378

Here's the Windhorst clip, and it really sounds like Kawhi is going to play in good faith.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          https://www.tsn.ca/nba/video/can-the...george~1441378

Here's the Windhorst clip, and it really sounds like Kawhi is going to play in good faith.
                          Good faith, or not playing could literally fuck up his entire career

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            https://www.tsn.ca/nba/video/can-the...george~1441378

Thanks Barolt.

If he plays then this is a great trade for the Raptors even if he's only a rental. My ONLY issue was trading for a guy that might sit out the rest of the year.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Good faith, or not playing could literally fuck up his entire career
                              Exactly, another year of no-showing could potentially cost him hundreds of millions. Even uncle Jim couldn't possibly think that's a good idea.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                                Exactly, another year of no-showing could potentially cost him hundreds of millions. Even uncle Jim couldn't possibly think that's a good idea.
                                Not only that, it's really hard to come back to the game at the NBA level after not playing for over 2 years... I can't imagine him coming back after 2 years and still being a top10 player.

Comment

Working...
                                X