No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard a few times that they may be a presser tomorrow but I haven't seen a specific mention of it. Has anyone else?

Edit: Just saw this

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      MU use his charm ? Kawhi will say save that charm ... I had a front row seat on how you treat franchise players ... Sorry but LA Lebron is there ... Never snows and last they treat their franchise players with class ( look at Kobe )
      Are you comparing Kobe with DD? Any comment when Kobe nearly left the Lakers? The Lakers also set their franchise back a few years with those last couple years of Kobe. No thank you.

Running a successful franchise in the NBA with it's CBA is complicated enough without hamstringing yourself with emotional constraints especially when special opportunities present itself.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
        You're listening to the wrong media. Listen to reliable sources who know what they are talking about. Kevin Pelton, Windhorst, Bobby Marks, Zach Lowe have all said the raptors could have the best defensive team in the league next year. I think they even said possibly the best perimeter defence in history and probably the best team in the east and 2nd best in the league behind golden state. They are all very high on this move for the raptors.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
        This is my fear now...we have all these great defensive players at our disposal, and defensive liabilities mostly gone, but will Nurse be able to get the most out of the defence? Obviously we haven't seen much of what he can do as the head coach so have to wait and see with an open mind, but I've only heard of his abilities on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          This is my fear now...we have all these great defensive players at our disposal, and defensive liabilities mostly gone, but will Nurse be able to get the most out of the defence? Obviously we haven't seen much of what he can do as the head coach so have to wait and see with an open mind, but I've only heard of his abilities on the offensive side of the ball.
          The funny thing is - if you listen to quotes from former Nick Nurse assistant coaches, they all say he has a better defensive mind than offensive.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            My only concern is rebounding and shot blocking. We need to flip CJ for a shot blocking rebounder.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
              My only concern is rebounding and shot blocking. We need to flip CJ for a shot blocking rebounder.
              JV is a good enough defender and elite rebounder.

We just need a backup. Someone (Shaolin?) floated the idea of going after Dedmon. That seems like a good target as a defender and solid role player who can start in the event of injury.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Our point of attack defense is going to be SO MUCH better. It's going to have cascading effects.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Our point of attack defense is going to be SO MUCH better. It's going to have cascading effects.
                  Definitely, I think for my own self assurance tho I would look at bringing in a back up PF/C like a Dedmon in the case of JV struggling, injury, etc.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                    Definitely, I think for my own self assurance tho I would look at bringing in a back up PF/C like a Dedmon in the case of JV struggling, injury, etc.
                    The main thing is definitely C depth in case of injury. Starting Serge at C is non-ideal, and Bebe doesn't really improve that much. Either works fine against bench units, but for injury insurance, given that the Raps have one chance to win and convince Kawhi to stay, a trade from wing depth to improve C depth (we have enough versatile forwards that 3 and 4 are fine) makes a lot of sense.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sounds like the first USA basketball camp is on July 25th, and the raptors play a preseason game in Vancouver in september. Must.....see.....Kawai....Play

Comment

• A vet I wouldn't mind signing for this one year push is Mareese Speights. Playoff tested, and can hit an open jump shot. Tough in the post.

There's also Corey Brewer if we just really want to shut teams down on D. Might not be fair at that point.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                          If Kawhi did not like to play with the Spurs although they are one of the fewest teams in the league that have a great coaching staff and a great management, this would convince me that he would not achieve success here in Toronto. On the other hand, I expect DD to flourish with the Spurs.
                          We have a major problem here in Toronto and we do not tend to address it : coaching. I know that Massai changed the coach, but, he did not bring someone that is qualified to take this team to the next level.
                          I still believe that DD and KL are not the problem.
                          Very little of Kawhi's issues in San Antonio had to do with coaching or play, although he did just get traded to a much more talented roster

Comment

• A kind of bitchy piece on the trade and the Kawhi dynamic with the Spurs ...

https://www.gq.com/story/kawhi-leonard-to-the-raptors

Comment

• And this guy is a Toronto Raptor in his prime. I must still be dreaming right?

Comment

• If only this happened last summer.. We would have beaten the Cavs in 4 if we could swap out DD/Poeltl for Kawhi/Green.

Comment

Working...
                                X