• Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And then subbed in Alan Anderson?
    Or Bebe

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Regarding the bold, there's some who suggest that Kawhi doesn't actually want the "alpha" role, and is more comfortable in the shadows or as second fiddle.

Certainly believable in terms of his personality.
      I thought he was down on the Lakers cause he didn’t want to play second fiddle to Lebron?

In any case, might be fine. He’s the best player but Lowry’s a loud mouth so he can be the vocal leader in the press and the room and Leonard just has to play.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        I thought he was down on the Lakers cause he didn’t want to play second fiddle to Lebron?

In any case, might be fine. He’s the best player but Lowry’s a loud mouth so he can be the vocal leader in the press and the room and Leonard just has to play.
        Yeah, there were reports that he might not want to go to LA and be in LeBron's shadow. This could be a factor even in going to the Clippers because LeBron will still dominate headlines with the Lakers.

Yeah, I don't think it's about being vocal and that kind of thing, I think it's about recognition and the narrative of him being the franchise player. Lowry can be the more vocal guy, but Kawhi will make the most headlines and be praised most for the success the team has.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yeah, there were reports that he might not want to go to LA and be in LeBron's shadow. This could be a factor even in going to the Clippers because LeBron will still dominate headlines with the Lakers.

Yeah, I don't think it's about being vocal and that kind of thing, I think it's about recognition and the narrative of him being the franchise player. Lowry can be the more vocal guy, but Kawhi will make the most headlines and be praised most for the success the team has.

The way this dynamic unfolds is going to be tenuous I feel. How will Lowry react? If Kawhi comes out gangbusters and Nurse asks Lowry to be more of the facilitator... not gonna be his team anymore (he shared it with DD) ...

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            The way this dynamic unfolds is going to be tenuous I feel. How will Lowry react? If Kawhi comes out gangbusters and Nurse asks Lowry to be more of the facilitator... not gonna be his team anymore (he shared it with DD) ...
            He may have shared it with DD, but he could actually have to defer less to Leonard because Leonard is a shooter. And Leonard is not a vocal guy, so Lowry's vocal presence should still be big for this team.

If Lowry and Nurse have open minds, I think everything works out fine.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Kawhi wanted to go play with Kawhi last summer, by a few accounts. He'll be fine.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                San Antonio:

Toronto:
                Oddly, this iswhy that team has rings, and ours doesn't.

Pops is the best Coach ever.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

Also, you know, Tim Duncan. Arguably the best big in the history of the game.

Comment

Ya but he's mean and yells alot. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

• This kid will be just fine. Getting players to stay has never been hard in Toronto, getting them here has.

Kawhi Leonard will likely have a great time living in Toronto, and if they are posting w's, he will be more than happy to stay.

Trust me, multiple trip to the finals will keep any star happy.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Ya but he's mean and yells alot. Ain't nobody got time for that.
                        Did you forget the pink font? Can't tell.

If not... yes, he is crotchety but the heart is in the right place. Perfection on the court with a lot of good done off it... imo.

Comment

We don't have rings because Drake and Masai did the bro handshake?
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kawhi strikes me as a mellow dude.October 17 is the marijuana legal date,close to the start of season.This may become a new way of recruiting like minded players.

Comment

• Vince Carter - Vinsanity, Half Man Half Amazing.

DeRozan - Deebo, Comp10

Kawhi - North Star ?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I could not remember ever hearing KL in an interview... found one clip whicht could be his last recorded one of any length ..March 2018

Mellow and measured...

Comment

Working...
                                X