No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone on the Bill Simmons podcast now loves DeRozan(after slandering him for years). They said he's a top 15 player and Kawhi might be overrated lol.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Bosh and Vince both re-signed here and gave the franchise years to build something around them. T-Mac's the only one who bailed early.

I'm so tired of this narrative. Toronto's had no more trouble keeping stars than any other middling organization. If you have a legit star for something like 7 years and can never do much more than get past the 1st round once (or not at all), eventually he leaves. This is not unique to Toronto.
      They signed extensions in the last year of their rookie deals. They would've both been RFAs and not been able to leave even if they wanted to unless the Raps for some bizarre reason (like with T-Mac) didn't match.

This team has had trouble retaining stars in the past. It hasn't really been an issue recently but let's not start lying and twisting history.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        They signed extensions in the last year of their rookie deals. They would've both been RFAs and not been able to leave even if they wanted to unless the Raps for some bizarre reason (like with T-Mac) didn't match.

This team has had trouble retaining stars in the past. It hasn't really been an issue recently but let's not start lying and twisting history.
        But if I recall, T-Mac had this juvenile burr that he wanted "his own team" and not share the Raps with his cousin Vince. I think the Raps did not wish to mess with that reasoning knowing full well who was their meal ticket at the time.

Disclaimer: As I remember the circumstances... it's been awhile!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          But if I recall, T-Mac had this juvenile burr that he wanted "his own team" and not share the Raps with his cousin Vince. I think the Raps did not wish to mess with that reasoning knowing full well who was their meal ticket at the time.

Disclaimer: As I remember the circumstances... it's been awhile!
          Don't know what's juvenile about that?

Players are getting criticized for doing the exact opposite (joining up on superteams) right now.

Comment

• I'll add to my previous statement. We have had trouble retaining stars. But they weren't leaving because they didn't like the city or because they didn't like snow. They were leaving because we were terribly run and not particularly good. That's not the case anymore so hopefully that helps us retain/acquire star talent going forwards.

But seriously let's not do this lying thing of pretending like this team has never had that issue before.

Comment

I'll add to my previous statement. We have had trouble retaining stars. But they weren't leaving because they didn't like the city or because they didn't like snow. They were leaving because we were terribly run and not particularly good. That's not the case anymore so hopefully that helps us retain/acquire star talent going forwards.

But seriously let's not do this lying thing of pretending like this team has never had that issue before.
              The first paragraph is an important caveat.

Let's also not pretend that players wanting out of Toronto in the past is somehow unique to the city. We just got Kawhi under similar circumstances.

Comment

• Im so so happy about this trade. This will be a great year to watch raptor ball. If they did nothing many fans incuding myself wouldnt waste our time watching until playoffs. They had to make a bold move. Even if he walks we save the 27m we would have been paying DD which is waaaaay too much for a shooting guard who cant shoot or guard. Not just ujiris positive attitude but hes assembled a team of good players who are good guys who will jibe with kawhi im sure. Im overjoyed we didnt lose og, siakam or wright. Cant believe it.

A few notes re other messages on other threads...
                it seems bebe has a blemish because casey put him in a few minutes. He didnt get a chance to start rolling. Bebe will be a great player who will improve every year with steady pt. He can be so key because of his ability to alter shots in the paint. Hes a great contrasting option to JV and like Jv i really hope we get a chance to see how nurse uses these guys.
                I think a few people have overvalued ibaka and powell - those contracts will be near impossible to move for anyone.
                Vince left because babcock put a stop to VC being a quasi gm. This is one of the best cities in the world we all know that so do the ballers. Ive been to LA it cant hold a candle to our city.

Comment

Raptors didn't have matching rights on T-Mac. There was no restricted free agency at the time - the players won unrestricted free agency for all players in the 1995 CBA negtiations - this would be reversed in the 1998 CBA, putting restricted free agency back in place, but only for contracts signed after that date, meaning McGrady didn't get included in that.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• And tmac went to a half empty “TD” arena in orlando. A lesson if anything that the grass isnt always greener

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      What are the odds that Kawhi's physical reveals the injury isn't quite 100%, and Masai either gets another piece from the Spurs, or cancels the trade altogether?

Imagine the look on DeRozan's face....
                      I have a strong suspicion Kawhi could have passed a physical months ago......

Comment

• Chuck thinks Kawhi should stay and they're right there with the Celtics for the finals.

Chuck is the first American I've heard say anything positive about the Raptors & Kawhi in the last week.

Comment

• We need to get Chuck his honorary citizenship, already.

Justin, make it happen!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Chuck thinks Kawhi should stay and they're right there with the Celtics for the finals.

Chuck is the first American I've heard say anything positive about the Raptors & Kawhi in the last week.
                            The recent Lowe Post pod has some good things to say about Toronto. It obviously helped that Bruce Arthur was one of his guests.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              The recent Lowe Post pod has some good things to say about Toronto. It obviously helped that Bruce Arthur was one of his guests.
                              Never listened to that yet. I'll check it out.

The Raptors just won 59 games, most in the east, and now replaced DD with Leonard. So "expert analyst" Richard Jefferson starts off with "the Celtics & 76ers are still by far better than the Raptors"... Chuck kind of rolls his eyes and says I don't agree with that at all. lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Chuck thinks Kawhi should stay and they're right there with the Celtics for the finals.

"jaytum tatum"

Comment

Working...
                                X