Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    And what kept Kyle in Toronto was winning. But this team has to win way bigger because Kawhi already has a chip, so even that isn't going to overly impress him. Raps have to get to the Finals and at least make it interesting. A TON of pressure on Nick Nurse to be as innovative as he says he is. Nurse is my biggest concern, tbh.
    I don't think winning is the driving force. Spurs were winning. I mean there was a good as chance as any that the Spurs could have beaten the Warriors in 2016-2017 if Zaza didn't injure him.

As for Nurse I agree to an extent.. not so much if he can win.. but if he can foster a healthy relationship with Kwahi. Pops is a great coach but the reason he's now a Raptor is most likely because Pops is hard headed and doesn't coddle his guys. Kwahi probably wanted to be coddled through out his injury and didn't get that, and when things got rough he wanted out of there.

I don't know much about Nurse at all.. but Casey for better or for worse may have been an ideal coach for Kwahi. Assuming he'd handle Kwahi like he handled DeMar and Lowry.

I am still glad Casey is not here from a micro perspective (he needed accountability for a lot of his poor decisions in the playoffs). But at a macro level I would have felt more optimistic with our chances in keeping Kwahi after this season.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't think winning is the driving force. Spurs were winning. I mean there was a good as chance as any that the Spurs could have beaten the Warriors in 2016-2017 if Zaza didn't injure him.

As for Nurse I agree to an extent.. not so much if he can win.. but if he can foster a healthy relationship with Kwahi. Pops is a great coach but the reason he's now a Raptor is most likely because Pops is hard headed and doesn't coddle his guys. Kwahi probably wanted to be coddled through out his injury and didn't get that, and when things got rough he wanted out of there.

I don't know much about Nurse at all.. but Casey for better or for worse may have been an ideal coach for Kwahi. Assuming he'd handle Kwahi like he handled DeMar and Lowry.

I am still glad Casey is not here from a micro perspective (he needed accountability for a lot of his poor decisions in the playoffs). But at a macro level I would have felt more optimistic with our chances in keeping Kwahi after this season.
      Dynamics are totally different though.

Apart from Nurse, we have a different roster and front office.

Pops wasn't just Kawhi's coach, he was the president. And vets like Manu and Parker seem to have helped alienate Kawhi.

Masai is our president and was able to get Lowry not just to re-sign, but to shift his attitude in a positive way.

Our players seem to be a close group and if there is any friction, it's never been obvious.

So we'll see how things play out. Even if Nurse is a bit of a hard coach, I don't think that will be an issue as long as he relates to players well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          That was Greek Freak's hand, I think.

Comment

• This here is definitely Kwahi:

Comment

• I wonder if Kawhi was expecting more respect and trust. After what he did for the Spurs over the course of years, he may have expected more trust and respect around his decision about what he appears to have believed was a serious and significant injury. When he didn't get it, and his motives were questioned he was hurt. Then the criticisms started. It could be a huge dose of not understanding Kawhi. I trust Masai and Nurse to figure this out.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                That was Greek Freak's hand, I think.
                I took the image from...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...look-miniature

Comment

• https://youtu.be/YfC64yKMbm4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Going to be hard to cheer for this guy. I dont respect quitters. This guys quit on one the best ran clubs in all of sports. Still a raptor at the end of the day. Welcome to the north.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Going to be hard to cheer for this guy. I dont respect quitters. This guys quit on one the best ran clubs in all of sports. Still a raptor at the end of the day. Welcome to the north.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      Holy shit. You haven’t committed suicide from the news. Thank god lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        This here is definitely Kwahi:

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          https://youtu.be/YfC64yKMbm4

BBALLBreakdown consistently shits on the raptors, let’s see if it’s different this time around

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Shut up, it isn't slander, that was a straight up, 100% statistical comparison, and it was telling.
                            Now, now, Judge, haven't we talked about finding softer ways of communicating your points? Lol

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              https://youtu.be/YfC64yKMbm4

Jesus what a terrible video

Clickbait title
                              Anecdotal evidence based off cherry picking plays
                              No relevant numbers to back up points
                              Whole video is just about Kawhi being better than Demar, which is pretty obvious

Remind me to never watch bballbreakdown again

Comment

• One of the dumbest basketball channel on youtube. Smh.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X