Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Going to be hard to cheer for this guy. I dont respect quitters. This guys quit on one the best ran clubs in all of sports. Still a raptor at the end of the day. Welcome to the north.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Fake news.

Does anyone have any idea about the situation other than the Spurs releasing tidbits here and there? One sided stories, as Kawhi and people outside the organization haven't released anything.

The fact is that the team doctors diagnosed him with something that he himself didn't really believe. He noticed that something was wrong with his leg, but the team doctors didn't find anything. So he got an outside opinion to support his claim and the non-team doctor did find something wrong.

Now we can argue until forever on what his real injury is, but what I listed above is the truth. Spurs coaches obviously believe their doctors and Kawhi obviously didn't. Team doctors are hired by the team, so they may not be 100% objective - although NBA team doctors seem much more ethical than NFL doctors (who have ruined careers by telling players they can play when they should be resting).

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Jesus what a terrible video

Clickbait title
      Anecdotal evidence based off cherry picking plays
      No relevant numbers to back up points
      Whole video is just about Kawhi being better than Demar, which is pretty obvious

Remind me to never watch bballbreakdown again
      Seriously, the quality of that channel has decreased so much. It’s like he has never watched a game of Demar. The guy is crazy strong and can finish through contact, and that was the weakness? What?

“The raptors are good because Kawhi is good”. Nice analysis.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Going to be hard to cheer for this guy. I dont respect quitters. This guys quit on one the best ran clubs in all of sports. Still a raptor at the end of the day. Welcome to the north.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        I think you should give K a chance to provide his side of events before calling him a "quitter".That is harsh for a pro athlete especially for one of his ilk. His effort in games has never shown that. What there seems to be are severe personal differences within the team. And even on this there is no direct evidence as to why that I am aware of. Lots of guesses out there. If you know, please share.

Comment

• Derozan quit on Raps against Cavs soooo
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I briefly commented how I thought JV would benefit from having Kawhi and Danny on the roster in the Everything JV thread. Now I wonder who else will directly benefit. If you had to rank them in terms of how much, who would you put in the first 3-4 slots in terms of seeing their stats increase or their play improve.

Seems like Lowry would see an uptick in his assist rate because of some scoring efficiency improvement. Do these guys help Serge? I would guess he needs less minutes a game, so his game might not drop off so much when the games are spaced close together. Are there going to be more "starters + bench mob" combos? That could see some bench players improve. On the flip side, does coming to the Raptors and the Eastern Conference help Kawhi and Green? I guess it also depends on what Nurse runs out there.

Looking forward to the season.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Derozan quit on Raps against Cavs soooo
              derozan didn't quit.. if you are saying this its because you didn't watch the playoffs. we got out matched and the thing about derozan is when things get tough he tries to put the team on his back ... which is OK except he ends up driving and reverting to ISO ball instead of relying more heavily on the system that worked. You gotta trust the process.

I love demar but we need to start looking ahead without looking back. This isn't addition by subtraction like with Bargnani... this is a whole new player with great abilities.

PPL saying he wont put his all into it dont know the guy. He has always played his hardest because thats what his father did so when he plays he is doing so to bring honor to his dad.

Simple as that.. We have a top 5 guy.. Is he exciting personality wise? No.... not necessarily but that is ok. He is literally the super star everyone wanted. HE works hard on both ends of the floor and has exceptional defensive skill and really good offensive ability.

He has a PER that hovers around 23.. He has had more than enough time to get healthy and im sure with our staff they will amke sure he is good.

Honestly I think kawhi wants a home and a family ... he got betrayed... We can offer that to him. So first of all I do think he will resign here especially since we get to pitch to him for an entire year... LA lakers don't care as much because if they strike out on him they can go after klay, KD, and a lot of the other stars that are available. Butler even ... so I don't think they will lose sleep in fact I bet they will be going after klay and butler over kawhi depending on how this year goes.

The guy is an elite shooter who has almost averaged 50/40/90 a couple times. So efficiency wise we are gaining that. His defence along with everything else we have to bring to the table mean that we dont have any defencive holes on our squad. We can switch better than literally any other team out there even boston... (not including the warriors).

I want to post a longer post but I have to study this weekend.

Kawhi will have plenty of endorsement deals in the 4th largest market in north america. He will have the spot light and a chance to really be something here. He wont have to fight for all star votes because he is in the east. He will have the easiest time making it to the finals year over year over year. If he went out west he will run in to the warriors for at least the next 5 years. I think he isn't looking to play second fiddle to lebron. I dont think he necessarily wants to go the the clippers either considering who else is in that conference (lebron + warriors) and I dont think the lakers hand him the keys over lebron because leberon is lebron and lebron would not be having that. If he wants marketing and movies... hes got it all here.

I know he is loyal but the ladies here are better. With the way the political climate is currently at in the US I think he likes here better.

He is a 2 time defencive player of the year... I think he comes in and ends up possibly winning MVP if we are #1 in the east.

I do think ibaka can be good regular season and can bounce back for this years playoffs.

I think it will be interesting to say the least.

My only hope is that norm plays well enough that we can trade him to alleviate the cap.

Comment

• Man Im just pissed reading the comments on insta. Dude threw a hissy fit and got ejected in Game 4. Im still mad about that
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Problem with Demar is, when he struggles shooting mid range shots, his 3 is completely non existent and he tries to drive more often and look for calls, which only ends badly in the Playoffs.

Comment

• Anyone seen any news on KL's physicals? Have they occurred yet?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Problem with Demar is, when he struggles shooting mid range shots, his 3 is completely non existent and he tries to drive more often and look for calls, which only ends badly in the Playoffs.
                      i actually think he is good at the midrange.. but its an ineffecient shot at the end of the day. You want to avoid shooting it and force the opponent to shoot it as much as possible. His 3 did improv to above 33% but he is basically at best a league average 3 shooter. hence why the offence changed (should have anyways cause you want to avoid iso ball) towards having him in more of a playmaking role same with kyle. in the sense that kyle still ran the offence but his offensive load was tappered down partly to give other guys a chance and partly to conserve him for the playoffs.

The whole point is to continue to have a free flowing offence, and increase its efficiency. This leads to the bench and other guys in the starting line up becoming more prepared, developing faster, and decreases the chance of offensive stagnation. I think the current offence can sustain.

Comment

• Alright, alright, enough of all the positivity. I wanna know what Kawhi's clutch numbers are like. It's the last possession of the game and Raptors are down and with possession of the ball. Is Kahwi that guy? I mean if you want to call him a top 5 player in the league he has to be able to get you a bucket in those situations right?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Alright, alright, enough of all the positivity. I wanna know what Kawhi's clutch numbers are like. It's the last possession of the game and Raptors are down and with possession of the ball. Is Kahwi that guy? I mean if you want to call him a top 5 player in the league he has to be able to get you a bucket in those situations right?
                          In 2016-17, in games where there were clutch minutes(5-point differential, less than 5 minutes), The Spurs went 26-11 when Kawhi played, he had a +24 net rating, 55.4% true shooting on a 40.4% usage rate, and only a 6.2% TO ration.

To add to this, they were 3-1 in playoff games he played in with clutch minutes, and he scored 25 points in clutch minutes in those 4 games, shooting 8-15 from the field and 4-6 from 3.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            In 2016-17, in games where there were clutch minutes(5-point differential, less than 5 minutes), The Spurs went 26-11 when Kawhi played, he had a +24 net rating, 55.4% true shooting on a 40.4% usage rate, and only a 6.2% TO ration.

To add to this, they were 3-1 in playoff games he played in with clutch minutes, and he scored 25 points in clutch minutes in those 4 games, shooting 8-15 from the field and 4-6 from 3.
                            Yeah, I think we can live with that.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• One thing we know about Kawhi is he doesn't shrink under pressure. You should watch the footage of Kawhi against the Warriors before he got injured. Nobody on GSW had an answer for him.

Comment

• This site's data is a little different for Kawhi, but still strong

http://www.82games.com/1617/16SAS10.HTM#clutch

Because someone will ask - Demar's stats from the same year

http://www.82games.com/1617/16TOR6.HTM#clutch

Site doesn't have stats up for this year as yet

Comment

Working...
                                X