Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Hmm....but the Caboclo thread is still here...Alkins thread is still here. Weird.

I smell a conspiracy.
    We're throwing a BBQ on the grassy knoll. Stop by.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      We're throwing a BBQ on the grassy knoll. Stop by.
      Would love to. But it's in Dallas
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
        The Raptors have a great fanbase. Unless you're a jaded vet, it's really hard not to get into the game when fans are cheering their asses off, you're playing for a really good talented team that likes to share the ball, and you're the #1 option on that team. Of all the worries out there, Kawhi not playing hard is the least of my concerns
        What about playing through injury? Every hang nail and sniffle is probably gonna keep him out this year by old uncle D.

I'm excited as anyone, just playing devils advocate
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          What about playing through injury? Every hang nail and sniffle is probably gonna keep him out this year by old uncle D.

I think it would be silly of him to do so. After missing so much action, he should play as much as possible this year. Because missing more or less 2 seasons would be too much. Very hard to come back to the MVP caliber after that. And why not try to get a second ring before going to the Lakers? 2 rings with 2 different teams would be quite a feat.
          Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Mon Jul 23, 2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

He was known in Spurs as a guy who doesn't play through injuries so it won't be anything new
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/2...asketball-camp

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/2...asketball-camp
                Man I feel for Kyle. He's in the most awkward position.

Comment

Sure, but if he's going to be consistently extending injury rehabs, why would anyone give him the Max if he's not healthy for all games.

I dunno, maybe they do anyway - but I think it's in his best interest to play.

Comment

Why? I'm sure all 3 guys will get along just fine, this is the work of their front offices. They're all friends, these NBA players
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

For sure. Kyle makes the the most money, so he's gotta pick up the tab for dinners.

#Rich&FamousPeopleProblems

Comment

Why? I'm sure all 3 guys will get along just fine, this is the work of their front offices. They're all friends, these NBA players
                        If you say so. I just hope DeMar doesn't talk any shit about Toronto to Kawhi. Though it wouldn't surprise me if DeMar talks positively about everything in Toronto, including the Raptors organization. Much like Calderon, he's a class act.

Comment

If you say so. I just hope DeMar doesn't talk any shit about Toronto to Kawhi. Though it wouldn't surprise me if DeMar talks positively about everything in Toronto, including the Raptors organization. Much like Calderon, he's a class act.
                          The guy who probably will feel "oddest" will be Pops likely. His vaunted org. allowed a deterioration of communications to occur with his superstar. Now he has to coach him again albeit under different circumstances! The players will get along fine though I admit I don't have an understanding of the oddity that Kawhi presents. Hope it all works out and that Kawhi actually practices.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            The guy who probably will feel "oddest" will be Pops likely. His vaunted org. allowed a deterioration of communications to occur with his superstar. Now he has to coach him again albeit under different circumstances! The players will get along fine though I admit I don't have an understanding of the oddity that Kawhi presents. Hope it all works out and that Kawhi actually practices.
                            Yeah. The "Spurs Way" is almost history, i.e. getting players to sacrifice money, health, ego, role, etc... for the good of the team. Power has shifted to the players and modern players want to be catered to in every way possible. Spurs lucked out with Tim Duncan and then getting team-oriented international guys like Parker and Ginobili as their core. We saw what happened to Sam Presti when he tried to bring the Spurs Way to OKC and get Harden to take less - they've never recovered from that. Ironically, DeMar might be one of the last of the breed of humble, self-less, all-star.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Yeah. The "Spurs Way" is almost history, i.e. getting players to sacrifice money, health, ego, role, etc... for the good of the team. Power has shifted to the players and modern players want to be catered to in every way possible. Spurs lucked out with Tim Duncan and then getting team-oriented international guys like Parker and Ginobili as their core. We saw what happened to Sam Presti when he tried to bring the Spurs Way to OKC and get Harden to take less - they've never recovered from that. Ironically, DeMar might be one of the last of the breed of humble, self-less, all-star.
                              You might want to take a look at this then (though he has an axe to grind with the Spurs) ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlYWKbrH...ource=ig_embed

Comment

• So any chance Pop cuts Demar and keeps Kawhi on the National team? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X