Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    He turned down a $20M extension with them. That's why.
    Damn, turning down $20m there, lost out on the $220m Spurs supermax, could re-sign for $190m + extra year in T.O. but it'll be $140m if he goes elsewhere - this guy is leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Oh I see. Didn't catch that news. Would this have any impact on his decision to stay in Toronto?
      Well, now he has time to do those Pizza, Pizza spots on TV.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Damn, turning down $20m there, lost out on the $220m Spurs supermax, could re-sign for $190m + extra year in T.O. but it'll be $140m if he goes elsewhere - this guy is leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table.
        I think it just means that Kawhi does not value money as highly as we think he does. Given his humble and quiet nature, I think he values respect and trust from a franchise more than anything.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Are people really worried about his physical? Hes fine, especially considering the silence, there is probably nothing noteworthy to say.
          Sorry, but how does silence showcase that there is nothing noteworthy to say? If anything, it would be much more easier and less newsworthy to say that he passed his physical. My first inclination would be the opposite, that there is something (maybe a continuation of last year's mystery injury) or that he passed the official physical but still feels hampered by the injury, and that the Raps don't want to report anything and piss Kawhi off.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            This guy is truly an enigma. I have no idea what the motivation for anything he does, is.
            I heard he eats his chocolate bars with a knife and fork
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
              Oh I see. Didn't catch that news. Would this have any impact on his decision to stay in Toronto?
              James Harden signed a $220M endorsement deal. Kawhi is rumored to want a much higher endorsement deal than $20M; Jordan Brand has been paying him $500k/yr. even though he's a top five player. To get to the point, yes, it could have an impact. If he can land a big deal in Toronto this season then that disproves a bunch of the shit talk in regards to Toronto by the American media types. They will kick Toronto through the dirt and finish with something like "hey, but I like Toronto, it's my favorite NBA city". Right.

Comment

James Harden signed a $220M endorsement deal. Kawhi is rumored to want a much higher endorsement deal than $20M; Jordan Brand has been paying him $500k/yr. even though he's a top five player. To ge to the point, yes, I could have an impact. If he can land a big deal in Toronto this season then that disproves a bunch of the shit talk in regards to Toronto by the American media types. They will kick Toronto through the dirt and finish with something like "hey, but I like Toronto, it's my favorite NBA city". Right.
                Man, Kawhi is wrong guy if you want to sell shoes

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  They all want to sell shoes. It can double or triple their earnings depending on the player, market and brand.

Comment

They all want to sell shoes. It can double or triple their earnings depending on the player, market and brand.
                    Or to spin in another way. If all your peers are getting paid high commisions in your office and you're outperforming a bunch of them, how do you feel if you're hardly getting paid at all?

Comment

It's not like James Harden is Mr. Charisma. If Kawhi just grew a huge beard, he might make himself an extra hundred million.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

He's like the Tim Duncan of wings. Should be interesting to see if its coincidence or San Antonio just beats the charisma out of people lol

Comment

Or to spin in another way. If all your peers are getting paid high commisions in your office and you're outperforming a bunch of them, how do you feel if you're hardly getting paid at all?
                          That's the problem with Kawhi and marketing. Athletes get paid endorsements based on popularity, personality and other intangibles that have nothing to do with on-court performance. Tim Duncan is a top 15 all-time player, but he hardly made any money in endorsements ($2M/yr at his peak).

If Kawhi's group thinks that simply moving him to a bigger market is going make marketing departments jump all over him, then he's going to be hugely disappointed. He's just not that marketable. And no advertiser in Canada is going to pay him anything until he commits here long term because he's perceived as being non-authentic and no brand wants their image to be associated with that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            That's the problem with Kawhi and marketing. Athletes get paid endorsements based on popularity, personality and other intangibles that have nothing to do with on-court performance. Tim Duncan is a top 15 all-time player, but he hardly made any money in endorsements ($2M/yr at his peak).

If Kawhi's group thinks that simply moving him to a bigger market is going make marketing departments jump all over him, then he's going to be hugely disappointed. He's just not that marketable. And no advertiser in Canada is going to pay him anything until he commits here long term because he's perceived as being non-authentic and no brand wants their image to be associated with that.
                            Well I read the turning point for him was when he went to China and was totally floored by all the Kawhi Leonard Spurs jerseys he saw. He was shocked by how many fans he had over there.

You're making a lot of assumptions on what Canadian advertisers will or won't do. You're making a big assumption that only Canadian advertisers would be interested in doing business with him in Toronto.

Comment

Well I read the turning point for him was when he went to China and was totally floored by all the Kawhi Leonard Spurs jerseys he saw. He was shocked by how many fans he had over there.

You're making a lot of assumptions on what Canadian advertisers will or won't do. You're making a big assumption that only Canadian advertisers would be interested in doing business with him in Toronto.
                              If he's big in China he should have signed with the defunct Hong-couver Grizzlies

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I heard he eats his chocolate bars with a knife and fork
                                That's not true. Kawhi Leonard is incapable of holding a knife and fork.

Comment

Working...
                                X