Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    "Kawhi Leonard knows a thing or 2 about defense. So do we. Depends. Your last line of defense from unintended leakage."
    Slight edit job if you don't mind.

Comment

• One dude on First Take said that Kawhi is not going to get a big endorsement deal if he stays in TO. Then proceded to say that Tim Duncan was a very good player BUT not a superstar. Lmao.

How is a top 10 player of all time not a superstar? smfh.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        One dude on First Take said that Kawhi is not going to get a big endorsement deal if he stays in TO. Then proceded to say that Tim Duncan was a very good player BUT not a superstar. Lmao.

Everyone on first take is dumb as shit. Only person I kinda like on First take is stephen a smith cause he's hilarious and Max Kellerman lol

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          One dude on First Take said that Kawhi is not going to get a big endorsement deal if he stays in TO. Then proceded to say that Tim Duncan was a very good player BUT not a superstar. Lmao.

Kawhi isn't getting a big endorsement deal no matter where he goes. He just isn't the type of guy that marketing departments want to throw big dollars at.

Sounds like Uncle Dennis is trying to be a poor man's Rich Paul, but the situation is totally different. Harden may not have much personality, but at least he 'looks' like he has personality. His look is unique and cartoonish and instantly identifiable, which works really well for marketing. Plus, he dated a Kardashian to give him some mainstream recognition - which I'm guessing was probably contrived.

Comment

• Money doesn't seem to be a big factor for Kawhi. In fact he seems to be distancing himself from it. If I had to guess, I think the only reason he wanted to be in LA, is to be close to home, family and friends and has nothing to do with the glitz and glamour of the city or the Lakers franchise.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Kawhi isn't getting a big endorsement deal no matter where he goes. He just isn't the type of guy that marketing departments want to throw big dollars at.

Sounds like Uncle Dennis is trying to be a poor man's Rich Paul, but the situation is totally different. Harden may not have much personality, but at least he 'looks' like he has personality. His look is unique and cartoonish and instantly identifiable, which works really well for marketing. Plus, he dated a Kardashian to give him some mainstream recognition - which I'm guessing was probably contrived.
              What? Was I in a coma during the Leonard-Kardashian union?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If Kawhi was so obsessed with squeezing every last dollar out of his career he sure doesn't act like it. The media just takes this stuff and runs with it because nothing ever comes out of the horses mouth
                I think you're misunderstanding what this particular money means. It's about recognition if I understand what I've been reading. He ran into another speed bump in Toronto at the all-star game. Other superstars were getting fancy rides and he received the standard NBA ride. Then add in the idea that the rumor about the Clippers over the Lakers is about him being "the man" on the team. The guy wants recognition on the level of a superstar. That's what it sounds like. We've seen this before. T-Mac ditched the Raptors to get out of Vince's shadow. Similar thing, I think.

The injury and the Spurs shit talk was the tipping point.
                Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jul 24, 2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

What? Was I in a coma during the Leonard-Kardashian union?
                  He’s talking about Harden

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I think you're misunderstanding what this particular money means. It's about recognition if I understand what I've been reading. He ran into another speed bump in Toronto at the all-star game. Other superstars were getting fancy rides and he received the standard NBA ride. Then add in the idea that the rumor about the Clippers over the Lakers is about him being "the man" on the team. The guy wants recognition on the level of a superstar. That's what it sounds like. We've seen this before. T-Mac ditched the Raptors to get out of Vince's shadow. Similar thing, I think.

The injury and the Spurs shit talk was the tipping point.
                    Well then hes in the right place. If he went to the Lakers he would literally be scottie pippen. Scottie is an all time great but literally the first sentence of his bio would read "side kick". Nobody wants to be Luigi. He doesn't even get to be called super Luigi, it's just super Mario and his brother luigi

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Quick fix: date a Kardashian.
                      Hell no. There's an unwritten rule about dating Kardashians. Your career goes into the tank!

Comment

Well then hes in the right place. If he went to the Lakers he would literally be scottie pippen. Scottie is an all time great but literally the first sentence of his bio would read "side kick". Nobody wants to be Luigi. He doesn't even get to be called super Luigi, it's just super Mario and his brother luigi
                        The first name mentioned in any Scottie Pippen bio is probably "Michael Jordan". lol

Comment

• Global branding is the way to go and Toronto is a good spot for that. Masai can also work the Giants of Africa angle. Kawhi isn't going to get a large Harden-esque shoe deal, but he can get a ton of smaller deals in a global sense.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Global branding is the way to go and Toronto is a good spot for that. Masai can also work the Giants of Africa angle. Kawhi isn't going to get a large Harden-esque shoe deal, but he can get a ton of smaller deals in a global sense.

Comment

Fuck yeah, sign me up.

#BoatsAndHoes
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Global branding is the way to go and Toronto is a good spot for that. Masai can also work the Giants of Africa angle. Kawhi isn't going to get a large Harden-esque shoe deal, but he can get a ton of smaller deals in a global sense.
                                Nobody better at the global branding game than Drake. Hell, even call in that weenie Justin Bieber, if we absolutely have to.

Comment

Working...
                                X