Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    But Norm is even behind Lorenzo Brown at this point...he aint getting 10 minutes.
    ... brown is not going to pla except to give ppl rest... injuries happen

i like how do the mins get divided

Comment

But Norm is even behind Lorenzo Brown at this point...he aint getting 10 minutes.
      Hey hey... do we not want Norm's mom talking to Kawhi's mom?

On the basketball side Kawhi might actually help getting Norm out of the doldrums?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        ... brown is not going to pla except to give ppl rest... injuries happen

i like how do the mins get divided
        Nothing is determined yet until training camp. But Brown did get minutes over Norm last season because of his play making abilities. If Norm wants minutes, that 3 ball better be going in the basket when they call his number.

Comment

Nothing is determined yet until training camp. But Brown did get minutes over Norm last season because of his play making abilities. If Norm wants minutes, that 3 ball better be going in the basket when they call his number.
          Brown got minutes because Casey refused to not play 3 PGs in his rotation. It was not the correct choice. Brown did nothing to merit playing any minutes. He even inexplicably got some minutes in the playoffs. He should never see minutes when we still had 2 healthy PGs.

So this all had more to do with the lack of rationality to Casey's rotation choices.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Brown got minutes because Casey refused to not play 3 PGs in his rotation. It was not the correct choice. Brown did nothing to merit playing any minutes. He even inexplicably got some minutes in the playoffs. He should never see minutes when we still had 2 healthy PGs.

So this all had more to do with the lack of rationality to Casey's rotation choices.

Agreed. Casey was just an idiot and that's why Lorenzo got minutes. I still don't expect Norm to get minutes though unless he takes a huge unexpected leap this season. I REALLY hope Nurse handles the rotations and substitutions better than Casey. Casey giving players who shouldn't be playing minutes and not playing the right lineups was probably my biggest pet peeve with him. It infuriated me to no end. I have faith in Nurse but also worried. Thank God other than Serge (if he plays like he did last year) we don't really have anybody on the team that I do not want to get any playing time. At least of the top 9-10 guys
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

He played when Lowry/VanVleet went down, if I'm not mistaken. He was always reliable -- or at the very least, never turned the ball over, didn't play outside of what he was supposed to do. I like Lorenzo Brown.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Another random thought: In terms of historical context of how much better is Kawhi then DeMar and his impact in the playoffs, it's like trading Mitch Richmond for Michael Jordan. That feels about right. If you need some more convincing, just watch Kawhi best season highlights from a year ago. Don't just pay attention to how he does it but also who is guarding him when he does it.

Comment

• It was a small sample, but remember that Kawhi was dominant in the Playoffs before he got injured. If he gets back into that form, he’s basically a top 3 player and a strong MVP candidate.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    It was a small sample, but remember that Kawhi was dominant in the Playoffs before he got injured. If he gets back into that form, he’s basically a top 3 player and a strong MVP candidate.
                    And in the East , he is now the best player.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                      He played when Lowry/VanVleet went down, if I'm not mistaken. He was always reliable -- or at the very least, never turned the ball over, didn't play outside of what he was supposed to do. I like Lorenzo Brown.
                      Reliably below average or ineffective isn't a great thing to be.

Brown was not good at really anything. By "not playing outside of what he was supposed to do", that mostly meant trying to stay out of the way and if he ever had the ball in his hands give it to someone else. Now, Brown barely played because he only really played when we had an injury in the backcourt, but with us having 3 natural PGs ahead of him, even one of them going down meant we still had 2 PGs available. Would have much preferred Norm soak up any extra minutes instead of wasting them on a 27 year old journeyman "never-was" who doesn't really contribute a single thing on the court.

He never turned the ball over because he would basically never do anything with the ball...that's not a big positive if it means you're basically playing 4-on-5 on offence.

Comment

Reliably below average or ineffective isn't a great thing to be.

Brown was not good at really anything. By "not playing outside of what he was supposed to do", that mostly meant trying to stay out of the way and if he ever had the ball in his hands give it to someone else. Now, Brown barely played because he only really played when we had an injury in the backcourt, but with us having 3 natural PGs ahead of him, even one of them going down meant we still had 2 PGs available. Would have much preferred Norm soak up any extra minutes instead of wasting them on a 27 year old journeyman "never-was" who doesn't really contribute a single thing on the court.

He never turned the ball over because he would basically never do anything with the ball...that's not a big positive if it means you're basically playing 4-on-5 on offence.
                        Blew my mind that Lorenzo Brown got playoff minutes. There was no reason for him or Bebe to have played, at all.

If you're trying to play 12-14 guys in the second round, there's a problem.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Blew my mind that Lorenzo Brown got playoff minutes. There was no reason for him or Bebe to have played, at all.

If you're trying to play 12-14 guys in the second round, there's a problem.
                          And yet those random substitutions were simply peak Playoff Casey that we'd all become accustomed to. Johnathan Tjarks summed it up in 2 sentences in his detailed article critiquing Playoff Casey during the Cavs series. People can attack posters on this board, but Tjarks is a respected basketball analyst with no ax to grind, and he came to almost the exact same conclusion as RR... and belatedly, Masai.

Casey has little feel for how to manipulate matchups and anticipate problems. He’s a reactive coach who comes into the series trying to stick with lineups he’s used all season, and then starts scrambling wildly when he’s forced to adjust
                          https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...ey-cavs-losing

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            And yet those random substitutions were simply peak Playoff Casey that we'd all become accustomed to. Johnathan Tjarks summed it up in 2 sentences in his detailed article critiquing Playoff Casey during the Cavs series. People can attack posters on this board, but Tjarks is a respected basketball analyst with no ax to grind, and he came to almost the exact same conclusion as RR... and belatedly, Masai.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...ey-cavs-losing
                            Pretty much nailed it. RR denizens have been saying the for years. All the other coaches in the league know this is true, despite the BS of calling Masai out for firing a "Coach of the Year."

Comment

• Has Kawhi been introduced as a Raptor yet? Is that normal to wait so long to do a presser?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Has Kawhi been introduced as a Raptor yet? Is that normal to wait so long to do a presser?
                                It's becoming more normal.

I'd expect his introduction to be at media day.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X