Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Reliably below average or ineffective isn't a great thing to be.

Brown was not good at really anything. By "not playing outside of what he was supposed to do", that mostly meant trying to stay out of the way and if he ever had the ball in his hands give it to someone else. Now, Brown barely played because he only really played when we had an injury in the backcourt, but with us having 3 natural PGs ahead of him, even one of them going down meant we still had 2 PGs available. Would have much preferred Norm soak up any extra minutes instead of wasting them on a 27 year old journeyman "never-was" who doesn't really contribute a single thing on the court.

He never turned the ball over because he would basically never do anything with the ball...that's not a big positive if it means you're basically playing 4-on-5 on offence.
    I think you’re arguing a given. He never contributed or never performed poorly. He was reliable, because he was on the court to fill injury. He defended well enough, didn’t make bad plays, and hit the occasional shot.

A lot more reliable when Powell had an awful defensive season, and couldn’t make a shot for his life. Powell just has to be better, we all saw him lacking the aggression he played with the first two years.

Edit: I hope this doesn’t get lost in translation—I’m not trying to say Brown is a better player than Powell lol
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Has Kawhi been introduced as a Raptor yet? Is that normal to wait so long to do a presser?
      Neither has Derozan as a Spur.

It was sort of a late summer deal and sometimes those things get pushed back till September. Players are not obligated to show up and work during the summer months (Press conference is work & they do have their own thing in the summer) but they are obligated to do so when it is time for training camp. Everything is fine and going according to plan.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Neither has Derozan as a Spur.

It was sort of a late summer deal and sometimes those things get pushed back till September. Players are not obligated to show up and work during the summer months (Press conference is work & they do have their own thing in the summer) but they are obligated to do so when it is time for training camp. Everything is fine and going according to plan.
        MU & Raptors are also playing "nice" given the circumstances... and probably gave him the option of a now or later introduction show.

Comment

• I don't think Lebron has had an introductory press conference yet either

Comment

• Speaking of press conference, when it will happen don't expect it to be great. It will probably be a bit awkward and generic in nature because Kawhi isn't exactly a media friendly (doesnt have the enthusiastic personality) and the reporters will try to fish some drama by asking stupid questions. I can almost picture what they will ask:

Reporter: Kawhi, how do you like Toronto?!

Kawhi: Its a nice city, very clean.

R: Kawhi can you talk a little bit about the trade itself, we know Toronto wasn't on your list of top choices and reports indicate that you bulked at first when you heard you were coming here..

K: My relationship with the Spurs came to an end. Was traded to Toronto and had an opportunity to speak with Masai & Nurse and I'm happy it happened.

R: Kawhi do you forsee signing with Toronto long terms?! What goals do the Raptors need to achieve to convince you?!

K: I dont know, haven't had much thoughts about beyond this season.

R: How do you feel being traded for Derozan who was very popular and beloved within the organization & its fan base. Did you have a chance to speak to Lowry?!

K: Well I cant speak for Derozan and I didnt make the call, this was all business. I've spoken to Lowry a bit today when I met him and it was all basketball related.

R: Kawhi why have you brought your uncle Dennis to sit with you at the press conference table?!

Uncle Dennis (interrupting) : Hold on a second, im here!! Speak to me if you got a question boy!! That was disrespectful! I am here cause I was invited by my nephew and Masai as a VIP guest!! You got that?! Good!! Got any more brilliant questions?! No?! Good!! Press conference over!! Thanks for coming!! Hey Masai can you get me a cheesesteak sandwich?! didnt eat brunch yet and im starving!!

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              I think you’re arguing a given. He never contributed or never performed poorly. He was reliable, because he was on the court to fill injury. He defended well enough, didn’t make bad plays, and hit the occasional shot.

A lot more reliable when Powell had an awful defensive season, and couldn’t make a shot for his life. Powell just has to be better, we all saw him lacking the aggression he played with the first two years.

Edit: I hope this doesn’t get lost in translation—I’m not trying to say Brown is a better player than Powell lol
              The point I was trying to make is there was never a single good reason for Brown to be on the court at all. He was not a contributor and is not an asset to really invest in. He's not young and we did not have him under some kind of long-term contract. We had 3 capable PGs and I don't think we had a single game where more than one of them had to sit.

Powell was struggling, but remember that Powell started the season poorly then got injured and lost his starting spot. OG definitely deserved the starting spot and fit better with the starters, but Powell never got a legitimate chance to earn anything back. He came back from his injury, actually played pretty well for a handful of games, then got squeezed out of the rotation and never had a chance at a consistent role for the rest of the season. He didn't fit well with the starters because he wasn't shooting well enough, and you could tell his confidence was visibly shaken by December and the season basically became a complete waste for him.

None of this is Brown's fault, and Brown didn't exactly get frequent playing time, but it's astonishing that Brown got any minutes when we never lacked enough PGs and Brown is not in any way able to impact the game. While at the same time we had a guy who'd shown solid 2-way potential and could easily soak up an extra 10-20 minutes on nights we were down a guard instead of giving them to Brown.

Comment

• Spurs 2018 Summer Summary

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Spurs 2018 Summer Summary
                  This will be the Spurs attempting to shoot 3 this coming season.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    This will be the Spurs attempting to shoot 3 this coming season.
                    Also.. just realized how much they shrunk the court for the shot (or were they using a court designed for young kids). There's only a single step between the three point line and half court

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      Also.. just realized how much they shrunk the court for the shot (or were they using a court designed for young kids). There's only a single step between the three point line and half court
                      Looks like an elementary school gym with an NBA 3 pt line.

Some set builders didn't do their research. I expect better from Fresh Prince!
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Has kawai been working on his game or a rehab regime

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          Has kawai been working on his game or a rehab regime
                          Yes, according to inside sources. I am my own source.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Looks like an elementary school gym with an NBA 3 pt line.

Some set builders didn't do their research. I expect better from Fresh Prince!
                            I can't remember the episode but was Will jamming on an eight foot net? lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I can't remember the episode but was Will jamming on an eight foot net? lol
                              It looks like it might have been 10 feet. Will Smith is 6'2 or something so he could probably get up there. I love that episode. Probably the only one that I would watch again if I could get a copy of it.

Here are some clips from it:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                It looks like it might have been 10 feet. Will Smith is 6'2 or something so he could probably get up there. I love that episode. Probably the only one that I would watch again if I could get a copy of it.

Here are some clips from it:

Wait, what - the clip cut off right before the last shot?!

That was the worst.

What happened to all the good bad basketball movies from the 90's? They don't make those anymore.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X