Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Wait, what - the clip cut off right before the last shot?!

That was the worst.

What happened to all the good bad basketball movies from the 90's? They don't make those anymore.
    Apparently Coach Carter 2 is coming out soon:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Apparently Coach Carter 2 is coming out soon:

Actually this is fake.. LOL.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        It looks like it might have been 10 feet. Will Smith is 6'2 or something so he could probably get up there. I love that episode. Probably the only one that I would watch again if I could get a copy of it.

Here are some clips from it:

The whole series is on Netflix.

That is definitely one of my favorite episodes. I also laughed my ass off at this one back in the day:

Comment

• Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...trade-raptors/

Kawhi Leonard has finally broken the silence.

Leonard released his first statement since the blockbuster trade that sent DeMar DeRozan to the San Antonio Spurs and brought Leonard to the Toronto Raptors.

The 27-year-old addressed the letter to San Antonio, thanking the city, his teammates, head coach Gregg Popovich and the fans. While he didn’t mention Toronto directly, he did state that he’s “looking forward to the next chapter in [his] career”.

The full statement reads:

San Antonio, I have been going back and forth the last few weeks trying to figure out the right things to say, and it comes down to two simple words: THANK YOU! My family and I want to say THANK YOU to the entire Spurs organization and the people and fans of San Antonio. THANK YOU to every one of my teammates I’ve played with over my seven years in the NBA. THANK YOU Pop I’ll always be grateful for my growth under your guidance. THANK YOU to the fans! There is not a more passionate or dedicated fan base than what I’ve witnessed in San Antonio. Through all the ups and downs — I’m glad there were many more ups! — I’ll never forget what we have shared and accomplished together. While I’m Looking forward to the next chapter in my career, I’ll always remember the city and the people of San Antonio! THANK YOU! — Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Before the predictable hand wringing angst starts, this was a letter to the fans of San Antonio and wasn't the place to talk to Toronto fans.

But "There is not a more passionate or dedicated fan base than what I’ve witnessed in San Antonio"
              -wait til he sees a few games with Jurassic Park....

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...trade-raptors/

Kawhi Leonard has finally broken the silence.

Leonard released his first statement since the blockbuster trade that sent DeMar DeRozan to the San Antonio Spurs and brought Leonard to the Toronto Raptors.

The 27-year-old addressed the letter to San Antonio, thanking the city, his teammates, head coach Gregg Popovich and the fans. While he didn’t mention Toronto directly, he did state that he’s “looking forward to the next chapter in [his] career”.

The full statement reads:

San Antonio, I have been going back and forth the last few weeks trying to figure out the right things to say, and it comes down to two simple words: THANK YOU! My family and I want to say THANK YOU to the entire Spurs organization and the people and fans of San Antonio. THANK YOU to every one of my teammates I’ve played with over my seven years in the NBA. THANK YOU Pop I’ll always be grateful for my growth under your guidance. THANK YOU to the fans! There is not a more passionate or dedicated fan base than what I’ve witnessed in San Antonio. Through all the ups and downs — I’m glad there were many more ups! — I’ll never forget what we have shared and accomplished together. While I’m Looking forward to the next chapter in my career, I’ll always remember the city and the people of San Antonio! THANK YOU! — Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                And yet those random substitutions were simply peak Playoff Casey that we'd all become accustomed to. Johnathan Tjarks summed it up in 2 sentences in his detailed article critiquing Playoff Casey during the Cavs series. People can attack posters on this board, but Tjarks is a respected basketball analyst with no ax to grind, and he came to almost the exact same conclusion as RR... and belatedly, Masai.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...ey-cavs-losing
                A simple thing coming to mind - we all knew the lineup of DD, KL, and CJ would definitely make an appearance in the playoffs, as we needed Miles for 3pt shooting and our 2 backcourt stars on the court at the same time. Casey barely used that lineup all season, but it was a predictable go-to during the playoffs and of course, it failed.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  Those highlights are un-be-frickin-lievable.

"You are the 2014 — Bill Russell —MVP!"

Comment

• oseebhai wrote: View Post
                    A simple thing coming to mind - we all knew the lineup of DD, KL, and CJ would definitely make an appearance in the playoffs, as we needed Miles for 3pt shooting and our 2 backcourt stars on the court at the same time. Casey barely used that lineup all season, but it was a predictable go-to during the playoffs and of course, it failed.
                    Played almost 300 minutes together and posted a very mediocre +4 net rating. It was quite obvious it wouldn't work against top competition.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Those highlights are un-be-frickin-lievable.

"You are the 2014 — Bill Russell —MVP!"

right.. like he is insane... if he is even 80% of this HOLY. The man can legit put the team on his back and single handedly win games. PG style but better. Higher efficiency. He has decent passing but was put in a non-passing role because of the decline of timmy D and Manu and Tony... so he was made to be the guy. That doesn't need to be the case. I am excited for the season to start.

Think about it this way. The dude didn't feel right and has spent the whole season and off season getting right and back to 100%.

Comment

• oseebhai wrote: View Post
                        DanH wrote: View Post
                        Played almost 300 minutes together and posted a very mediocre +4 net rating. It was quite obvious it wouldn't work against top competition.
                        If i'm not mistaken, I believe that lineup was used with C.J. mostly at the 4? Guarding Kevin Love?

I think it was incorrectly deployed. There is no way in hell that Miles should've played a single millisecond at the four spot.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• here is a question for everyone. Do you ever play a line up with kawhi at the 4 as part of a crunch time. Additionally, do you ever close with K Low, Kawhi, OG, Siakam, Ibaka, or what would you put your crunch time line up as?

Comment

• I almost feel bad posting these type of things because I've posted so much recently with regards to video.

I actually saw this video about a month ago but I didn't want to post a billion different things.

Like his defence is nutty.

Comment

here is a question for everyone. Do you ever play a line up with kawhi at the 4 as part of a crunch time. Additionally, do you ever close with K Low, Kawhi, OG, Siakam, Ibaka, or what would you put your crunch time line up as?
                              Well, that depends on the match-up. Good news for the Raptors is that more times than not, the Raps will be able to dictate the match-up.

Comment

here is a question for everyone. Do you ever play a line up with kawhi at the 4 as part of a crunch time. Additionally, do you ever close with K Low, Kawhi, OG, Siakam, Ibaka, or what would you put your crunch time line up as?
                                Personally, if I'm closing small, I'm doing so with OG playing the 4 so Kawhi can make life sad and terrible for the primary scorer on the other team. But if the other team is super small at the forward spots, I could see Kawhi at the 4 in front of Green, FVV and Lowry.

I also personally lean to closing with JV at C, but there may be specific matchups where Ibaka is the better choice. I don't like Siakam at the 5 in a regular run lineup - though in a one-possession defensive situation, I could definitely see it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X