Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Played almost 300 minutes together and posted a very mediocre +4 net rating. It was quite obvious it wouldn't work against top competition.
    Sorry is that +4 an per 100 possessions? Because I know you're comparing it to the rest of the Raptors lineups which were better, fair enough, but calling a +4 net rating mediocre is interesting - I don't think it's clear that it wouldn't work in certain situations.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Jan. 3, Kawhi returns to SAS.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1027998479715655682
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        That segment where they focused in on his defence on LeBron was pretty crazy. Got right into him.

Comment

I almost feel bad posting these type of things because I've posted so much recently with regards to video.

I actually saw this video about a month ago but I didn't want to post a billion different things.

Like his defence is nutty.
          There's highlights in there from a Memphis playoff game that I remember watching live. Might have been the most dominant basketball performance I've ever seen, on both sides of the ball, other than peak Shaq. It was like he was playing against children.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            Sorry is that +4 an per 100 possessions? Because I know you're comparing it to the rest of the Raptors lineups which were better, fair enough, but calling a +4 net rating mediocre is interesting - I don't think it's clear that it wouldn't work in certain situations.
            Yes, +4 per 100 possessions. That's pretty mediocre. How close to zero does a lineup need to be for you to consider it mediocre? 23 of the 33 Raptor three-man lineups that played that many minutes were better in net rating.

It could certainly work in certain situations. Those being the ones where Miles and DeMar both don't have to defend anyone. Those situations are... rare, in the playoffs.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Towards the end with 2:25 left during the celebrations:
              Lebron hugs pop. Kawhi walks by...Lebron goes to congratulate Kawhi...who walks right past him and gives a head nod.

Love it

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                Towards the end with 2:25 left during the celebrations:
                Lebron hugs pop. Kawhi walks by...Lebron goes to congratulate Kawhi...who walks right past him and gives a head nod.

Love it
                You missed the hug. Kawhi/LeBron hugged before LeBron hugs Pop. Then follows the walk-by.

Just saying, lol.

Comment

• Wow.

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere earlier in the thread, but goodness gracious, this man is special. His game really developed offensively. He's incredibly long, and reads the defence really well.

Comment

• Any rumours of what Leonard is up to right now...

Is he in LA with the rest of the gang working out... or
                    Is he still rehabbing in NYC....
                    Or is he working out on his own somewhere in the western hemisphere.....

rumours..speculation... guesses ?
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Any rumours of what Leonard is up to right now...

Is he in LA with the rest of the gang working out... or
                      Is he still rehabbing in NYC....
                      Or is he working out on his own somewhere in the western hemisphere.....

rumours..speculation... guesses ?
                      He is upgrading to RaptorOS 6.0. Comes with built in anti-Leprechaun modules and precision KD shutdown technology.

Comment

• Went back and read Kawhi's DraftExpress Profile, before he was drafted. Man, does it ever sound terrible. As much as people talk about how hard DeMar works to get better each year, Kawhi looks like he climbed and even higher mountain. Makes you wonder how DeMar would have developed under Pop and the Spurs and how critical the first 2-3 years in the NBA to set a player's habits.

Everyone talks about drafting talent, but Kawhi was really a hidden gem - he pretty much sucked at almost everything before he got to the NBA. lol.

The top ranked wing on our Big Board, Kawhi Leonard's stock is based primarily on his physical attributes, defensive abilities, and upside, so it's not a huge surprise that he doesn't fare very well from a purely statistical standpoint. His profile strongly indicates that he's destined to play a complimentary role in the NBA, at least in his first few seasons. Leonard's 0.889 points per possession overall ranks third worst of the 17 wings we evaluated, and his adjusted field goal percentage of 46.3% ranks dead last, a strong illustration of his scoring woes. On the positive side, Leonard's overall turnover percentage of 11.8% ranks third best in the class, and he could actually even stand to improve at the next level when he's projected to have even less shot creation responsibility initially. Another interesting note looking at Leonard's possessions is that only 13% of his possessions came in transition, which ranks him 13th overall in the group. Leonard played on one of the slowest-paced teams in college basketball, likely due to his team's mediocre guard play. For a player with his physical tools, this is less than ideal, and he could certainly see a spike in that regard at the next level, which should help his overall efficiency. In the half-court, Leonard ranks seventh of all wings in the percentage of his possessions coming from isolations, at 15%. His .721 PPP on these possessions ranks 15th, indicating that he struggled to create shots effectively for himself last season. He was unable to get to the free throw line consistently (11.3%, 12th) for many of these same reasons, and did not finish around the basket at a high rate, where his 1.069 PPS ranked 13th. If Leonard ever does develop into a more reliable isolation threat, improving his left hand should be among his top priorities, as despite seeing a near equal breakdown of drives in both directions (37 possessions going right, 35 going left), Leonard's efficiency going right (0.865 PPP) more than doubled his efficiency going left (0.429 PPP). Leonard is not only an average ball-handler, but he also struggles to make shots consistently from beyond the arc. His 0.743 points per shots on jumpers ranks 16th of 17 in the class, where he shot an abysmal 31% from the field. His struggles extend both to his catch and shoot jumpers (32%) and pull-ups (28%). While these numbers point out some glaring weaknesses, it's important to remember the different role Leonard is projected to play in the pros, and how most of the strengths in his scouting report (such as defense and rebounding) come in areas largely unquantifiable by statistics of this nature (at least reliably).
                        http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kawhi-Leonard-5821/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Went back and read Kawhi's DraftExpress Profile, before he was drafted. Man, does it ever sound terrible. As much as people talk about how hard DeMar works to get better each year, Kawhi looks like he climbed and even higher mountain. Makes you wonder how DeMar would have developed under Pop and the Spurs and how critical the first 2-3 years in the NBA to set a player's habits.

Everyone talks about drafting talent, but Kawhi was really a hidden gem - he pretty much sucked at almost everything before he got to the NBA. lol.

Yup he was basically a good bet to be an athletic defender with very obvious potential on that end, and could have been a complete offensive bust. He had no obvious offensive skills for the NBA level.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Went back and read Kawhi's DraftExpress Profile, before he was drafted. Man, does it ever sound terrible. As much as people talk about how hard DeMar works to get better each year, Kawhi looks like he climbed and even higher mountain. Makes you wonder how DeMar would have developed under Pop and the Spurs and how critical the first 2-3 years in the NBA to set a player's habits.

I wouldn't give Pop or the Spurs the credit, it was all Kawhi. No one else they've drafted has developed like that.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              I wouldn't give Pop or the Spurs the credit, it was all Kawhi. No one else they've drafted has developed like that.
                              Parker and Ginobili?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                He is upgrading to RaptorOS 6.0. Comes with built in anti-Leprechaun modules and precision KD shutdown technology.
                                so nuthin....
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X