Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
    I'd say they have the ingredients for sure. Question is, can Nurse cook it right.

I'm optimistic he can - the implementation of his offence last year was probably the most impactful tactical overhaul this team has ever seen. If everyone is healthy for the playoffs and none of Lowry/OG/Siakam/FVV regress, that pie is coming.
    I'm certainly optimistic. It would be nice to have some statistical validation. We have seen great players stay great when they switched teams before. But we have also seen players go through downturns after a move. Kawhi has done very well even as the team members have changed on the Spurs, at least some. But he has had some rock solid pieces around him that helped maintain consistency. This is his first team change since he became an established star player.

Nurse is studying tape and lineups even as we speak, to ensure as high a comfort level around Kawhi as possible to maximize his and the teams production. Kawhi's needs will probably dictate the lineups and it won't necessarily be the "best" five guys on the floor together. I suspect it will be the five that maximize Kawhi's impact.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Question for Dan or other basketball stats familiar guys. Is there a way to find out which pairings or groupings of players Kawhi seems to be most productive with? While on the Spurs, who did he play with when he had his greatest impact? I have read suggestions from lots of knowledgeable people but I wondered if there was a way to validate the suggestions. If we can identify which players he has been most impactful with in the past, it should be possible to suggest which members of the Raptors team you want him spending the most time with.

I am going at it this way because anybody playing with him should see their own impact go up because Kawhi will automatically draw the best defender to himself, leaving the rest of the players on the floor to face less effective defenders.

So does Kawhi need other shooters, to prevent helping? Slashes and cutters to receive passes? Nimble fingered bigs, excellent passers who can pass to him in transition, rebounders who can start a fast break? I mean he needs all of those, but do the Raptors have the right ingredients to bake that conference final pie?
      The approach I've used in the past is WOWYs (with or without you). On-court or individual stats when paired with another player or not - and it can be done with multi-player combinations too but it's more work.

You can just look at his most effective lineups (2, 3, 4 or 5-man) for a top level idea, but doing WOWYs for every player on the team (so you can see impact in both directions) is the best approach, IMO.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        The approach I've used in the past is WOWYs (with or without you). On-court or individual stats when paired with another player or not - and it can be done with multi-player combinations too but it's more work.

You can just look at his most effective lineups (2, 3, 4 or 5-man) for a top level idea, but doing WOWYs for every player on the team (so you can see impact in both directions) is the best approach, IMO.
        Thanks Dan. What I was looking for. Now to compare the best 2016-2017 WOWY Kawhi Spurs lineups with the Raptors personnel and look for comparisons.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          Thanks Dan. What I was looking for. Now to compare the best 2016-2017 WOWY Kawhi Spurs lineups with the Raptors personnel and look for comparisons.
          Well the one thing we do know is that he will probably play with Green which he used too and also playing with Lowry which he never did with such a high calibre PG can only be a plus.

It will be very interesting when he plays with OG. If they develop some kind of chemistry than look out.

Comment

• It depends on how Nurse wants to use him. Inwould expect the role would be similar to DeMars

Comment

• In the first Kawhi sighting since right afterthe trade (when he smiled with masai to prove hes alive) weve got the next sighting...hat over his eyes taken by a random stranger on a big fishing boat.

Dude is literally bigfoot

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                In the first Kawhi sighting since right afterthe trade (when he smiled with masai to prove hes alive) weve got the next sighting...hat over his eyes taken by a random stranger on a big fishing boat.

bighand
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Kawhi looks like he ate some bad shrimp and needs to take a dump

Comment

• Hopefully jv can take him ice fishing

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Kawhi looks like he ate some bad shrimp and needs to take a dump
                      That looks like an impersonator

Comment

Definitely Kawhi Leonard
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          In the first Kawhi sighting since right afterthe trade (when he smiled with masai to prove hes alive) weve got the next sighting...hat over his eyes taken by a random stranger on a big fishing boat.

For a second there I got excited cause I thought he was wearing some Raptors gear...

Comment

I never seen anybody wear Kawhi gear in public other than Kawhi.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              I never seen anybody wear Kawhi gear in public other than Kawhi.
                              That's why that photo is so believable

Comment

• Raps just hired an old Kawhi friend for the coaching staff (ex spurs video guy). Score app update.

Comment

Working...
                                X