Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Media day Sep.24. Till than watch for the Bigfoot like sightings on social media.
    Also... like, I'm just as excited to see Danny Green.

Obviously he'll be solid opening up the floor and defending -- if by full health come training camp -- but he seems to be quite the calming, veteran presence. A combination of Green, Miles, and Leonard who seems to be under control all the time, I think there will be a calming effect on the court from the Raptors this season vs. last year when plays went haywire...

... it was like watching an earthquake.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Also... like, I'm just as excited to see Danny Green.

Obviously he'll be solid opening up the floor and defending -- if by full health come training camp -- but he seems to be quite the calming, veteran presence. A combination of Green, Miles, and Leonard who seems to be under control all the time, I think there will be a calming effect on the court from the Raptors this season vs. last year when plays went haywire...

... it was like watching an earthquake.
      Lowry needs that calming effect more than anyone. He panics hard under pressure.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Lowry needs that calming effect more than anyone. He panics hard under pressure.
        Lowry quietly had his best playoffs performance last season, and he would have been calmer if Derozan wouldnt have been shut down. The pressure to carry the offense fell on Lowry shoulders thus making him less effective.

It shouldn't happen with Kawhi, it should make life easier for Lowry now.

Comment

• Lowry had his best playoffs this year. With a real superstar on this team, Lowry can settle as a role player or quiet star.

Comment

Neat. Though funny that basically any player that started for the Spurs over the last few years, including our own Danny Green at #8, is in the Top-25 as well. Haha

Comment

• Robert Horry has to be in the top 10.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Neat. Though funny that basically any player that started for the Spurs over the last few years, including our own Danny Green at #8, is in the Top-25 as well. Haha
                True but coming to the Raptors will only increase his winning percentage so its a win-win.

Comment

True but coming to the Raptors will only increase his winning percentage so its a win-win.
                  Compared to staying with the Spurs sure

But increasing the actual percentage might not happen. We’d need 63 wins for that to happen.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Compared to staying with the Spurs sure

But increasing the actual percentage might not happen. We’d need 63 wins for that to happen.
                    A) 63 wins can be done.
                    B) The only way Kawhi can lose a close top spot is if the Raptors win around 55 wins & Warriors win 70, thus pushing Draymond ahead and this would be a sad thing.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Nobody around here cares about regular season wins.

Comment

• A lot has been discussed about one of the cons to signing in Toronto is the taxes. Is this much of an issue? Especially when comparing to LA? I can understand the comparison to Texas, but I was under the impression that Cali has high state tax.

I'm surprised no one is talking about (actually I'm not because it's mainly US media) of the currency difference. When in Tdot, it's like getting a 25+% raise. If he decides to stay, that's huge. A home, cars, and cost of living in general is now greatly reduced (even with a lot of items being increased because of this issue). Although MLSE makes CAD they have to pay in US$.

Even Danny Green alluded on his podcast, that the only detractions on Toronto is the increase border crossing (that's valid, no other team would have to go through more, but I'm sure their chartered plane has that process dialled by now) and taxes. I'm surprised that I haven't heard currency point at least once.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Boner material right here.....

The two-time All-Star recently worked out with stars LeBron James and Kevin Durant at UCLA and was superb, reminding both James and Durant who the best two-way player in the NBA is, a league source told Amico Hoops.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Love to hear this! But who are these sources and is Amico Hoops even a reputable site? lol
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                Love to hear this! But who are these sources and is Amico Hoops even a reputable site? lol
                                Exactly, video or it didnt happen!!

Comment

Working...
                                X