No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He doesn't work out with scrubs too. If he looks good than it's against KD, Lebron. If reports are true of course
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Is uncle Dennis a "league source"?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Love to hear this! But who are these sources and is Amico Hoops even a reputable site? lol
        Sam Amico has been decently regarded in the business ... previously with FOX Sports and I think Yahoo Sports as well (?). He has his own setup now.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Sam Amico has been decently regarded in the business ... previously with FOX Sports and I think Yahoo Sports as well (?). He has his own setup now.
          Oh its Sam Amico? Oh okay then nevermind I've heard of him and follow him on twitter actually
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Woodbine racetrack better get their shit together.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Woodbine racetrack better get their shit together.
              That's the biggest smile I've seen oh him in...ever.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                That's the biggest smile I've seen oh him in...ever.
                He must have heard the news Ginobli was retiring lol

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Well now...he’s healthy. One by one the unequivocal “just won’t happens” from the NBA media are proving to be less than accurate.

1. No way Kawhi and his representation will agree to a trade to Toronto. He doesn’t want to go there. Check
                  2. He won’t even report to the Raps. Check.
                  3. Kawhi won’t engage and play hard. He will just go through the motions. Check
                  4. No one knows if he is healthy. That injury could linger and keep him out for a while. Check

One more domino to fall.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                    A lot has been discussed about one of the cons to signing in Toronto is the taxes. Is this much of an issue? Especially when comparing to LA? I can understand the comparison to Texas, but I was under the impression that Cali has high state tax.

I'm surprised no one is talking about (actually I'm not because it's mainly US media) of the currency difference. When in Tdot, it's like getting a 25+% raise. If he decides to stay, that's huge. A home, cars, and cost of living in general is now greatly reduced (even with a lot of items being increased because of this issue). Although MLSE makes CAD they have to pay in US$.

Even Danny Green alluded on his podcast, that the only detractions on Toronto is the increase border crossing (that's valid, no other team would have to go through more, but I'm sure their chartered plane has that process dialled by now) and taxes. I'm surprised that I haven't heard currency point at least once.
                    Yes, taxes are overblown. Raptors actually published some information about taxes and its not at all as bad as people think (Paying Ontario taxes versus Texas)

First of all. Kawhi is an American citizen. Canada has tax treaties with the U.S. Kawhi will be paying American taxes. If you listen to Danny Green's podcast. He is keeping his Texas home to show he resides there for tax purposes. Kawhi can do the same thing.

He is still playing 40+ games in Ontario. So he will pay more in taxes. I think the Raptors showed that a guy making 15 million a year would pay about 100k more in taxes in Toronto Vs. a Texas team. That isn't a big deal and the Raptors can help with endorsements to top that off if they needed to.

With Toronto. He will have to go through customs, but I don't think its a big deal. 10+ road trips a year. You fill out a card 90% of the time and you're done. In terms of travel. Toronto is far more favorable in terms of logged air miles compared to San Antonio or any western conference team. I would venture to say that Kawhi is going to enjoy the more lax travel schedule and feasting on Eastern Conference opponents.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                      Yes, taxes are overblown. Raptors actually published some information about taxes and its not at all as bad as people think (Paying Ontario taxes versus Texas)

First of all. Kawhi is an American citizen. Canada has tax treaties with the U.S. Kawhi will be paying American taxes. If you listen to Danny Green's podcast. He is keeping his Texas home to show he resides there for tax purposes. Kawhi can do the same thing.

He is still playing 40+ games in Ontario. So he will pay more in taxes. I think the Raptors showed that a guy making 15 million a year would pay about 100k more in taxes in Toronto Vs. a Texas team. That isn't a big deal and the Raptors can help with endorsements to top that off if they needed to.

With Toronto. He will have to go through customs, but I don't think its a big deal. 10+ road trips a year. You fill out a card 90% of the time and you're done. In terms of travel. Toronto is far more favorable in terms of logged air miles compared to San Antonio or any western conference team. I would venture to say that Kawhi is going to enjoy the more lax travel schedule and feasting on Eastern Conference opponents.
                      As far as I can see, the marginal tax rate between the US and Canada at the highest bracket is competitive. The US has higher federal income taxes than Canada in the top bracket. The difference will come down to Ontario vs whichever state.

But also, apparently athletes have to pay taxes in the jurisdictions where they played the games. At least that's true for MLB, anyone found details on that for the NBA?

And nobody should be paying the same taxes twice, once in each country (Jalen Rose claim). Anyone doing that needs a new accountant.

Bigger variables than the tax difference are the current exchange rate (if they earn USD and spend in CAD) and cost of living. Cost of living between NYC & Milwaukee, for example, is far greater than the tax difference between Toronto and most US NBA cities.

And when we see a guy like Kawhi walk away from a potential supermax in San Antonio - the tax differences between LA and Toronto are far less than what he just left on the table in Texas.

Updated: found something more recent than last time I looked - https://crowesoberman.com/blog/ameri...-more-toronto/ (one thing still left out is the lack of comparison of what you get for the taxes paid, e.g. health care - should be part of the cost comparison)
                      Last edited by S.R.; Mon Aug 27, 2018, 05:20 PM.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Keep in mind customs is a breeze for these guys. My nephew works at Pearson They have a special entrance that the team plans pulls up to. No long lineups etc. Overblown.

Comment

• One thing I've been wondering is how our team this year with Kawhi would match up against the Spurs 2016-2017 team? Is there anyway to look into any advanced stats to check that. Because I believe our team now is probably better than the 2016-2017 Spurs team and that Spurs team was second behind Golden state if I'm correct. And they weren't far behind Golden State either. If our team right now is better than that team we should do some real damage, especially with us being in the weaker East
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

One thing I've been wondering is how our team this year with Kawhi would match up against the Spurs 2016-2017 team? Is there anyway to look into any advanced stats to check that. Because I believe our team now is probably better than the 2016-2017 Spurs team and that Spurs team was second behind Golden state if I'm correct. And they weren't far behind Golden State either. If our team right now is better than that team we should do some real damage, especially with us being in the weaker East
                            Spurs team had more experience on their side.
                            This Raptors team has youth on their side.
                            Spurs had Pop.

Playoffs Spurs win. Could have taken at least 2 games from Warriors if Zaza did not intentionally stick his leg out thus starting this chain of events that brought Kawhi to the Raptors.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Spurs team had more experience on their side.
                              This Raptors team has youth on their side.
                              Spurs had Pop.

Playoffs Spurs win. Could have taken at least 2 games from Warriors if Zaza did not intentionally stick his leg out thus starting this chain of events that brought Kawhi to the Raptors.
                              Very true. Yea they probably do get the edge

Comment

Very true. Yea they probably do get the edge
                                But this Rap team isn't too far behind. Should have a dog fight with the Celtics to get to the finals. Kawhi gives the Raps the edge.

Warriors unfortunately have 5 All Stars in the starting lineup. Can't beat this shit, maybe 1 game for respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X