Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    But this Rap team isn't too far behind. Should have a dog fight with the Celtics to get to the finals. Kawhi gives the Raps the edge.

Warriors unfortunately have 5 All Stars in the starting lineup. Can't beat this shit, maybe 1 game for respect.
    Have the Warriors yet faced a team that has the defensive depth Toronto will be able to put on the floor? No doubt they have offensive fire power. But if four starters can be held to below average scoring efficiency, can their second unit win games for them?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Have the Warriors yet faced a team that has the defensive depth Toronto will be able to put on the floor? No doubt they have offensive fire power. But if four starters can be held to below average scoring efficiency, can their second unit win games for them?
      We definitely have to wait and see how good the Raptors can be. Going to have to gel pretty quickly since it doesn't look like Kawhi is going to be spending time early with his new teammates. Defensively I expect them to be similar to Boston last season who gave GSW some good competitive games. Except we will launch more 3's and it's not going to be all about one player like it was with Boston/Kyrie. GSW looks real different when Curry isn't in the line-up, so perhaps an unfortunate injury works to our benefit?

Now the decision is do I renew my league pass or bite the bullet and get cable for the season

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Well now...he’s healthy. One by one the unequivocal “just won’t happens” from the NBA media are proving to be less than accurate.

1. No way Kawhi and his representation will agree to a trade to Toronto. He doesn’t want to go there. Check
        2. He won’t even report to the Raps. Check.
        3. Kawhi won’t engage and play hard. He will just go through the motions. Check
        4. No one knows if he is healthy. That injury could linger and keep him out for a while. Check

One more domino to fall.
        Yea I learned a long time ago that the media, of any type, doesn't know wtf they're talking about 90% of the time.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          Lowry had his best playoffs this year. With a real superstar on this team, Lowry can settle as a role player or quiet star.
          Yes, Lowry was not a good enough best player on a champion. He can be a very good clear #2 player however with a legit mvp. I still maintain we are lacking of a clear #3 after that. Whether it be jv, siakam or OG, we need somebody to take another big step here to get to the finals and put a scare in golden state. A good year out of Ibaka is crucial as well.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fuck Farmer's Almanac!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Fuck Farmer's Almanac!

I thought the ice caps were melting? Al gore said wed be going underwater by now
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                Yea I learned a long time ago that the media, of any type, doesn't know wtf they're talking about 90% of the time.
                I see you have watched the CBC as well..
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I thought the ice caps were melting? Al gore said wed be going underwater by now
                  They did say wet.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Houston last year legitimately competed with GS. Don't think Raps will be as good as they were, offensively or defensively.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      Houston last year legitimately competed with GS. Don't think Raps will be as good as they were, offensively or defensively.
                      Yep, if CP3 wasn't injured, it would have been a close call in game 7.

I wonder how well this Rap team matches against this year Houston team. We seemed to have matched up well against them last year and they seem to have gotten worse this season in terms of depth & defence, while the Raps got better.

Comment

Defensively, the Raps should be much, much better than Houston.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Defensively, the Raps should be much, much better than Houston.
                          I mean not really. Houston defended GS just about perfect for multiple games. Aside from Harden that team was full of fantastic individual defenders, and when it came to it in the playoffs even Harden was passable.

If Nurse is as good as we hope Raps can be very good though

Comment

I mean not really. Houston defended GS just about perfect for multiple games. Aside from Harden that team was full of fantastic individual defenders, and when it came to it in the playoffs even Harden was passable.

If Nurse is as good as we hope Raps can be very good though
                            Houston doesn't have Ariza or Mbah a Moute anymore, who were largely responsible for Houstons stellar defense - so I could defintely see Houston taking a big step back next year defensively.

Comment

• Chris Paul injury really bummed me out. Houston was up 3-2 after 5 games. Game 7 in Houston, too. They legit had GS on the ropes, no other team has thrown the Warriors that far off their groove. Even the one Cavs Finals win was more about the Warriors running out of gas after their crazy 72 win season.

I agree Houston won't match up as well this year with less wing depth, it was the multiple, switchable, long perimeter defenders that they were able to throw at GS constantly that really disrupted their flow. The Raps legit have a shot at doing what Houston did so well last season (getting waaaay ahead of ourselves here) with Kawhi, Green, OG, Delon on the wings. We also know Kyle really gets into it defensively in the playoffs.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Chris Paul injury really bummed me out. Houston was up 3-2 after 5 games. Game 7 in Houston, too. They legit had GS on the ropes, no other team has thrown the Warriors that far off their groove. Even the one Cavs Finals win was more about the Warriors running out of gas after their crazy 72 win season.

I agree Houston won't match up as well this year with less wing depth, it was the multiple, switchable, long perimeter defenders that they were able to throw at GS constantly that really disrupted their flow. The Raps legit have a shot at doing what Houston did so well last season (getting waaaay ahead of ourselves here) with Kawhi, Green, OG, Delon on the wings. We also know Kyle really gets into it defensively in the playoffs.
                                + Siakam. Raps definitely have the 'potential' to match up defensively..... on paper. No other team can throw that many versatile, athletic defenders at GSW.

Comment

Working...
                                X