• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll get a Kawhi neck tat if you guys do too
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Forcing the other team to match up is always easier when you have the best player on the floor. In the playoffs more often than not, the Raptors were the higher seed facing the lower seed and they STILL never had the best player on their team. People can say whatever they want about Casey, I agree he had his faults, but lets look at it with some perspective.
      Matching up to the opposing star was not the issue. Matching up to the opposing role players was the issue.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Matching up to the opposing star was not the issue. Matching up to the opposing role players was the issue.
        We struggled with the Cav's in the playoffs every year because of their role players? Or because we were struggling to match up against LeBron? I mean the cascade effect usually starts from the top doesn't it.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          I'll get a Kawhi neck tat if you guys do too
          You must have a long neck
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

We struggled with the Cav's in the playoffs every year because of their role players? Or because we were struggling to match up against LeBron? I mean the cascade effect usually starts from the top doesn't it.
            We struggled against every team in the playoffs.

If you are a legit 1st or 2nd seed and facing the 7th or 8th seed (who struggled a week or two ago to secure a playoffs spot) it shouldn't take you 6 or 7 games to finish them off. GSW & Rockets just destroy every team in the first round with no excuses and that should be the model of success. You win fast and get to rest for the next round.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Hmmmm, interesting thought.

In the past three years the Raptors have matched up with the Cavaliers, Casey and the staff prioritized defending the star.

What always bit the Raptors in the ass? LeBron drive, dish, and an open shot, or an easy layup.

By defending the best players, the attention was off the role players, and they hit their open shots, doing what they were supposed to.

On the other hand, the Raptors' stars didn't show up, so, to say matching up the opposing role players is/was the issue, I gotta disagree. Everybody on the Raptors was the issue -- that's a shallow take, sure, but to me, that's what happened.

I always thought the Raptors should've allowed LeBron to go single coverage -- when LeBron was caught in a bad situation, role players were positioned to bail him out, and didn't come through (esp. vs. the Warriors).

Instead, the Raptors overhelped, they rotated slowly on top of that, and their individual matchups were staggered with poor defenders. I still don't understand Miles playing the four -- the series vs. the Cavs should've never been played based on individual matchups, or playing small to counter.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                You must have a long neck

“Long, slender neck.”

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  We struggled against every team in the playoffs.

If you are a legit 1st or 2nd seed and facing the 7th or 8th seed (who struggled a week or two ago to secure a playoffs spot) it shouldn't take you 6 or 7 games to finish them off. GSW & Rockets just destroy every team in the first round with no excuses and that should be the model of success. You win fast and get to rest for the next round.
                  Yes, GSW who have 2 of the top 5/6 players in the league and Houston who has a top 5 and a top 10 player in the league.

My point was that it's easier to create a mismatch when you have the best player(s) on the floor which we never or almost never did.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    “Long, slender neck.”
                    Boshtrich

Comment

I'd specifically say for the Cavs that who killed us has always been Kevin Love. We can handle Lebron on his own; we have struggled containing both Lebron and Love at once. Heck, Love outscored every player on the Raptors in our last series.
                      https://www.basketball-reference.com...s-raptors.html

With all respect to Lebron's skill level vs. the rest of his team, Love is a bit more than a role player. :-)

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
                        I'd specifically say for the Cavs that who killed us has always been Kevin Love. We can handle Lebron on his own; we have struggled containing both Lebron and Love at once. Heck, Love outscored every player on the Raptors in our last series.
                        https://www.basketball-reference.com...s-raptors.html

With all respect to Lebron's skill level vs. the rest of his team, Love is a bit more than a role player. :-)
                        Korver and Smith scoring 108 points on 63 shots is more concerning than anything Love did.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My issue is we too often TRIED to match up to role players - like letting who was playing C for the Cavs determine who we played at C, when the defence should have been focused on LBJ, and otherwise the players on the court should have been our best players, not some attempt at matching up to the rest of their lineup.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Boshtrich

Bosh looks like little foot

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

My point was that it's easier to create a mismatch when you have the best player(s) on the floor which we never or almost never did.
                              That's right, we never had the best player on the floor because our best player failed to step it up. Now in the East we probably will have the best player on the floor in Kawhi.

Also JV gets into his All-star mode come playoffs time. This is something thats to be farther exlpored. Let JV punish the other team when they go small instead of Casey " oh they are going small, better sit JV down even though he is dominating out there!"

Comment

• Just read that Kawhi is expected to report for training camp early

.Sept 15th. Encouraging

Comment

Working...
                                X