Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Right but what if the one night stand is with Scarlett Johansson
    exactly what about a damn jersey retirement.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      if we win in the finals (hypothetical). then Kawhi leaves... would you consider giving him a statue still?
      A statue, key to the city and lifetime free Timbits....

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Right but what if the one night stand is with Scarlett Johansson
        Overrated
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Overrated

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              The whole podcast is pretty sweet. This guy has coached and earned the respect from guys like Kobe, Lebron and Kyrie. Also has some great and insightful things to say about Nick Nurse ("he's a winner"). Great pickup. He's going to come in quite Handy.

TTS Exclusive with Phil Handy
              https://torontotalkssports.podbean.c...th-phil-handy/

Comment

• With the additions of Leonard and Green, the flow of the offence should completely change. Over his past two healthy regular seasons, Leonard shot 40.7 percent from distance on 4.9 attempts per game and is a dynamic scoring threat from anywhere on the floor. Green is no slouch himself, especially from the corners where he's knocked down 43.9 percent over the last two seasons and should provide Lowry another viable spacing option. Both Leonard and Green have shown a penchant for shooting high volumes of catch-and-shoot 3s, an area that DeRozan never truly embraced despite sharing a backcourt with an All-Star caliber point guard.

When Leonard is creating his own offence – which he will a lot – Lowry becomes a very dangerous off-ball threat of his own. While the plurality of his shots were pull-ups last season (40.2 percent), Lowry posted a better catch-and-shoot effective FG percentage than CJ McCollum, Devin Booker and Bradley Beal, to name a few. With even more spacing this season, Lowry has a chance to become one of the premier catch-and-shoot threats in the league.

Comment

this is why im really curious to see how good he is this year.. this team could REALLY be good.

Comment

• Basically imagine how good are team was regular season wise and turbo charge that.

Comment

I'm excited to see Lowry as an off ball threat the article speaks of. Normally our end of game plays were iso's, but Nurse can draw up a lot of plays with two 3pt threats playing a two man game. Not exactly Nowitzki and Terry, but there's just so much more you can do with two good shooters with the abilities the KL's posses.

Comment

As many have mentioned, Lowry will likely be the biggest beneficiary aside from JV.

More spacing, and Lowry will get a ton of looks off of Kawhi's creation. But, not only is he going to feel the effect of Kawhi, he'll get massive guard help from Danny Green.

Lowry no longer has to exert so much energy having to defend the opposing team's best guard -- in this case, Green can cover the assignment, and on the other end, spread the floor consistently, rather than deferring to DeRozan. Lowry will likely be more involved offensively off-the-ball, and I also expect more driving lanes for him this year.

A Lowry-JV high pick-&-roll with OG/Ibaka, Green and Kawhi in shooting position is a beautiful thought.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Ramona Shelburne thinks that the Lakers value Klay more than Kawhi.

Hot take from BR:
                          https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...19-free-agency

"In terms of who they target next year, it's whoever wants to come. My feeling about it, my sense from just talking to people in and around this [is that] one, it's a little early, but I think they like Mychal's boy. I think that would be the guy, in terms of skillset and how that would fit. Obviously Kawhi [Leonard], he's a great player as well, but we'll see if he stays in Toronto now. But I think they like Klay [Thompson]."

Comment

• I wonder how much of the Lakers talk was real or if it was just that Leonard wanted out of SA period. Or like Paul George he’s ticked off they didn’t do whatever to trade for him?? There’s still the Clippers if he’s wanting to go home but I like that more and more talk suggests he could stay in Toronto.
                            "I look at it as a day to day process. My focus is this year. If you look at the future you're going to trip over the present."

- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Ramona Shelburne thinks that the Lakers value Klay more than Kawhi.

Hot take from BR:
                              https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...19-free-agency
                              Love this quote

Obviously Kawhi [Leonard], he's a great player as well, but we'll see if he stays in Toronto now.
                              I think people are surprised at how well its worked ALREADY, without even being with his teammates and fans and winning...

In just a short time the headlines went from "Will Kawhi report/Will Kawhi play" to "Kawhi will be coming to Toronto early for camp"
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Love this quote

I think people are surprised at how well its worked ALREADY, without even being with his teammates and fans and winning...

In just a short time the headlines went from "Will Kawhi report/Will Kawhi play" to "Kawhi will be coming to Toronto early for camp"
                                Kawhi will be coming to Toronto early for camp?

Comment

Working...
                                X