Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Kawhi will be coming to Toronto early for camp?
    There have been two solid reports on players reporting early. JV and Kawhi have both been reported to be arriving on the 15th, and I think there was a blanket report saying that most (or even all) players are expected in town around that time.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Ramona Shelburne thinks that the Lakers value Klay more than Kawhi.

Hot take from BR:
      https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...19-free-agency
      LOL. Magic and Pelinka are getting a real early head-start on damage control for next year's off-seaon.

Before this year's off-season, the headlines were: "How the Lakers can make Lebron, PG13, Kawhi & CP3 fit under the salary cap this summer."

Now the headlines are: "Lakers not interested in 'quitter' Kawhi. Klay Thompson is a much better 'fit' with Lebron."

Love it.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        There have been two solid reports on players reporting early. JV and Kawhi have both been reported to be arriving on the 15th, and I think there was a blanket report saying that most (or even all) players are expected in town around that time.
        Someone posted that OG was throwing out the first pitch at a Jays game this week (a couple days ago?). So he is already in town, and if he is I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other younger guys are as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Hotshot posted that OG was throwing out the first pitch at a Jays game this week (a couple days ago?). So he is already in town, and if he is I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other younger guys are as well.

Fixed.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Well now...he’s healthy. One by one the unequivocal “just won’t happens” from the NBA media are proving to be less than accurate.

1. No way Kawhi and his representation will agree to a trade to Toronto. He doesn’t want to go there. Check
            2. He won’t even report to the Raps. Check.
            3. Kawhi won’t engage and play hard. He will just go through the motions. Check
            4. No one knows if he is healthy. That injury could linger and keep him out for a while. Check

One more domino to fall.
            Adding number 5 to my post from my late August rant.

5. The MSM champion for the LA Lakers publicity department (Ramona Shelburne) reports breathlessly that the Lakers are now looking at Klay Thomposn as a better fit for the LA Lebrons than one of the best 3 players in the league . Well everyone is entitled to an opinion eh ? Even if it looks limp and pretty self serving.

Look .. there is still a long way to go and many things can transpire both good and bad.... but damn .... all those Armageddon predictions by the likes of Chris Broussard, Micheal B Haynes, Sekou Smith, Tracy McGrady, David Aldridge et al....about Kawhai's future direction kinda look like guys spitballing and spouting off after emptying a tray of drafts... eh ?
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Sep 7, 2018, 12:45 PM. Reason: Edit.. Spelling Ramonas name correctly Shelburne not Shelbourne north of Orangeville.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

I recall hearing that Nurse has requested them to be there early, but I wasn't sure if Kawhi or someone from his camp had confirmed that he would report early as requested. It would be a good indication of how compliant Kawhi is going to be this season if he shows up.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Someone posted that OG was throwing out the first pitch at a Jays game this week (a couple days ago?). So he is already in town, and if he is I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other younger guys are as well.

Raptors posted a picture of a group of the young guys together at the Jays game. Green/Lowry/Kawhi/Serge/JV/Monroe/Miles/VanVleet are the ones I didn't see.

EDIT:

Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I recall hearing that Nurse has requested them to be there early, but I wasn't sure if Kawhi or someone from his camp had confirmed that he would report early as requested. It would be a good indication of how compliant Kawhi is going to be this season if he shows up.
                  https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...augural-class/

This Sportsnet article has him down as "set to report" by the 15th, rather than simply requested to report early.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...augural-class/

This Sportsnet article has him down as "set to report" by the 15th, rather than simply requested to report early.
                    It's crazy how close the microscope lens has zoomed into the choice of words around Kawhi. This situation is really that delicate and important.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I don't have a good grasp on how well Kawhi is suited to be the secondary ball-handler, though I assume pretty well. That is, will Nurse be comfortable with Leonard at the 2 and OG at the 3? Or is he going to want to boost our ball-skills with another guard (DG, Delon, etc) so Kawhi and Lowry can get more off-the-ball action going.

I mean, Danny Green isn't exactly Mr. Handles either, but he probably provides a bit more ball-handling relief than OG at this point.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        I don't have a good grasp on how well Kawhi is suited to be the secondary ball-handler, though I assume pretty well. That is, will Nurse be comfortable with Leonard at the 2 and OG at the 3? Or is he going to want to boost our ball-skills with another guard (DG, Delon, etc) so Kawhi and Lowry can get more off-the-ball action going.

I mean, Danny Green isn't exactly Mr. Handles either, but he probably provides a bit more ball-handling relief than OG at this point.
                        Leonard operated with 30% usage rates in SA the past couple years (including his limited injured year last season), and three years ago was up at 25%. He's been operating in essentially DeRozan's role on offence for a few years. He's quite capable of it.

I don't think Green offers anything more than OG in ball handling. Both are pretty poor. In any case, the bench needs that ball handling way more than the starters, who can also initiate offence from the high post with JV if they need a third option after Lowry (who Nurse has stated he wants running more offence this year) and Leonard.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Leonard operated with 30% usage rates in SA the past couple years (including his limited injured year last season), and three years ago was up at 25%. He's been operating in essentially DeRozan's role on offence for a few years. He's quite capable of it.

I don't think Green offers anything more than OG in ball handling. Both are pretty poor. In any case, the bench needs that ball handling way more than the starters, who can also initiate offence from the high post with JV if they need a third option after Lowry (who Nurse has stated he wants running more offence this year) and Leonard.
                          Leonard does everything DeMar was great at (i.e. mid-range, post & high usage), just as well as DD. And he does the things DeMar was piss-poor at (3 & D) at MVP levels. Nothing but upside here.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            I don't have a good grasp on how well Kawhi is suited to be the secondary ball-handler, though I assume pretty well. That is, will Nurse be comfortable with Leonard at the 2 and OG at the 3? Or is he going to want to boost our ball-skills with another guard (DG, Delon, etc) so Kawhi and Lowry can get more off-the-ball action going.

You don't want Green handling the ball. He's not good at it, not great at passing and not good at finish at the rim. Having Green out there doesn't boost our ball skills no matter who he's replacing (yes,even if it's Ibaka).

Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Sep 7, 2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              It's crazy how close the microscope lens has zoomed into the choice of words around Kawhi. This situation is really that delicate and important.
                              This is very true. There are too many people whom phrase their assumptions like it's fact and people run with it.

It would help if Kawhi would actually say something, but he doesn't so we are all left to speculate. I still don't know if he is anymore committed to the Raptors than the day he was traded for, but so and so say that he is so...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Leonard does everything DeMar was great at (i.e. mid-range, post & high usage), just as well as DD. And he does the things DeMar was piss-poor at (3 & D) at MVP levels. Nothing but upside here.
                                Does he get to the line as well as DeMar? I had thought DeMar was elite at that but have no idea how Leonard fares in that area.

And your last line should read, "he does things DeMar was piss-poor at (3 & D) at MVP levels when it counts the most".

Comment

Working...
                                X