Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    that was the one where jose got traded along with him too right? but jose went to the pistons for prince if im not mistaken.
    No, that was the trade to acquire Rudy.

Jose to Detroit, Prince and Ed Davis to Memphis, and Rudy to Toronto.

The 2014 deal was the one when Masai came in, dealt Gray/Gay/Acy for Greivis, Patterson, and Salmons, jump-starting the next five years of success. That to me was the pinnacle, because they got the very first moment when the contending Raptors started.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      No, that was the trade to acquire Rudy.

Jose to Detroit, Prince and Ed Davis to Memphis, and Rudy to Toronto.

The 2014 deal was the one when Masai came in, dealt Gray/Gay/Acy for Greivis, Patterson, and Salmons, jump-starting the next five years of success. That to me was the pinnacle, because they got the very first moment when the contending Raptors started.
      the jose thing was so sad to me

Comment

• Nice photoshop, hopefully it will come true.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          the jose thing was so sad to me
          I remember that. Him crying in the hallway talking about his tenure in Toronto. It was sad

Comment

• I was thinking, with DeRozan doing a lot of initiation offensively last season, does anyone else think Kawhi can fulfill that role, if not better?

Comment

I was thinking, with DeRozan doing a lot of initiation offensively last season, does anyone else think Kawhi can fulfill that role, if not better?
              100% he can. Between Lowry taking a little more initiation (as Nurse has said he wants), Leonard taking on a lot of what DD did, and a higher minutes load for FVV, there should be no issue whatsoever there.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                100% he can. Between Lowry taking a little more initiation (as Nurse has said he wants), Leonard taking on a lot of what DD did, and a higher minutes load for FVV, there should be no issue whatsoever there.
                Only question I ask, is because of the difference in systems.

It'll be fun to follow all season long seeing him as a sole focus offensively vs. the systemic style of play in San Antonio. Remove the shackles from arguably the second best player in the world, and... who knows. I think Kawhi is poised to have the best season of his career.

Comment

Only question I ask, is because of the difference in systems.

It'll be fun to follow all season long seeing him as a sole focus offensively vs. the systemic style of play in San Antonio. Remove the shackles from arguably the second best player in the world, and... who knows. I think Kawhi is poised to have the best season of his career.
                  At this point, SA has less of a "system" system than we do. They've devolved into isolation basketball the past few years as they adopted to their roster (specifically their guards aging/decreasing in quality and the addition of Aldridge and evolution of Kawhi). While we took on a pass first system finally last season, and probably skew further in that direction with Nurse in the big seat.

Kawhi has proven he can handle isolation offence. The only real question is whether he can make plays like DeMar did last year - DeMar saw a leap from ~20% assist rate to ~25% with the new system, while Kawhi the past few years has floated near 20%.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    At this point, SA has less of a "system" system than we do. They've devolved into isolation basketball the past few years as they adopted to their roster (specifically their guards aging/decreasing in quality and the addition of Aldridge and evolution of Kawhi). While we took on a pass first system finally last season, and probably skew further in that direction with Nurse in the big seat.

Kawhi has proven he can handle isolation offence. The only real question is whether he can make plays like DeMar did last year - DeMar saw a leap from ~20% assist rate to ~25% with the new system, while Kawhi the past few years has floated near 20%.
                    That is true. The isolation focus started when Timmy left, adapting to their guys, especially Kawhi.

I don't think Kawh's assist numbers will be too telling for me, rather, the pass to assist -- starting the plays. DeMar was quite good at getting the offense started from pressing the action, especially because he was such an offensive threat (to opposing team's scouting report). His action jump-started a lot of the ball movement last season, but his offense wasn't efficient enough to make him a consistent threat, especially in the playoffs. The initial action was shut off and the secondary action was always to pass the b

With Kawhi's improved ball-handling, low-turnover numbers and efficient scoring, if he manages to press the action and attack more, that's where all the talk of Lowry/JV being the biggest beneficiaries happen, in my opinion.

Comment

• So Jalen Rose on "Jalen & Jacoby" podcast said that if Kawhi leaves he's joining Clippers not Lakers
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        So Jalen Rose on "Jalen & Jacoby" podcast said that if Kawhi leaves he's joining Clippers not Lakers
                        Nobody here cares

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          So Jalen Rose on "Jalen & Jacoby" podcast said that if Kawhi leaves he's joining Clippers not Lakers
                          It's been a conversation for awhile now that he apparently doesn't want to play with LeBron, and that the preference is actually the Clippers.

Comment

It's been a conversation for awhile now that he apparently doesn't want to play with LeBron, and that the preference is actually the Clippers.
                            These reports will flip flop throughout the year

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              These reports will flip flop throughout the year
                              Those fuckers will talk about it everytime:

Kawhi has a string of bad games,
                              Team has a bad road trip,
                              Whenever the Raps play any of the L.A team. Or SA (especially if they lose to them).
                              Kawhi sits to nurse an injury.
                              Whenever a cold snaps hits Toronto.
                              Anytime Kawhi opens his mouth and someone feels he is being purposely cryptid.
                              Whenever they have nothing to talk about so they will invent some shit to talk about Kawhi.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Those fuckers will talk about it everytime:

Kawhi has a string of bad games,
                                Team has a bad road trip,
                                Whenever the Raps play any of the L.A team. Or SA (especially if they lose to them).
                                Kawhi sits to nurse an injury.
                                Whenever a cold snaps hits Toronto.
                                Anytime Kawhi opens his mouth and someone feels he is being purposely cryptid.
                                Whenever they have nothing to talk about so they will invent some shit to talk about Kawhi.
                                The good news is the first two won't be happening.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X