Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteYanno...94438712033282

Kawhi Leonard has bought ( not rented) a new home in Toronto. Good news for the Raptors.
    #RDS #TSN #NBA
    "I look at it as a day to day process. My focus is this year. If you look at the future you're going to trip over the present."

- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Maybe buying real estate is a good investment (price is rising)

Comment

• Yes!
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Maybe buying real estate is a good investment (price is rising)
          It is but still. He could have saved that for LA if he was so certain he would go there lol
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Maybe buying real estate is a good investment (price is rising)
            It's hard to detect sarcasm here sometimes (also its early in the morning) . But in case you are serious...investment in a house is peanuts in comparison to resigning with the Raptors max contract (and not leave any money on the table by going to L.A) as well as a shoe deal.

Comment

• I bet you it was Castleberry who actually did the leg work & papers to buy it.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                It is but still. He could have saved that for LA if he was so certain he would go there lol
                Admittedly I am not following the minutiae re his thoughts ...I was just being somewhat sarcastic/humour. At his income level/s the price of a house here (even the top tier) is a pittance ...and he wont have to deal with the landlord (more humour).

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  It's hard to detect sarcasm here sometimes (also its early in the morning) . But in case you are serious...investment in a house is peanuts in comparison to resigning with the Raptors max contract (and not leave any money on the table by going to L.A) as well as a shoe deal.
                  Not serious... and you are quite right.

Comment

• Do NBA players (aside from maybe rookies off college) actually rent anything?

lol I find it funny picturing him or his agent filling out an apartment/house rent application (like, filling out his "annual income", jotting down "references", and taking notes of his landlord number to call up if the toilet is broken).

I mean, yeah I want to believe he's staying over a year, but I think he would buy it regardless.

Comment

• Maybe he bought DeRozan's house lol

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                        Do NBA players (aside from maybe rookies off college) actually rent anything?

lol I find it funny picturing him or his agent filling out an apartment/house rent application (like, filling out his "annual income", jotting down "references", and taking notes of his landlord number to call up if the toilet is broken).

I mean, yeah I want to believe he's staying over a year, but I think he would buy it regardless.
                        A lot of guys rent. A lot of guys in the league are only actually on a given team for 1-2 years - or even less. Even franchise players can be traded every 3-5 years or so, which is a pretty short turnaround time in a housing market.

Guys can afford the risk of losing on a housing sale sure, but why bother buying? Most of them want to live downtown close to the arena and they know they won't be around for too long. They'll for sure own a house wherever they've got their wife and kids, which often isn't the city they're playing in.

I think it's pretty unusual for Kawhi to come into a new city with only 1 guaranteed year and buy right away. Sounds good to me!
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          Do NBA players (aside from maybe rookies off college) actually rent anything?

I know I for one would never rent anything. Feel like boating once? I'll buy one. Trying skiing? Give me the best ones you have in the store. Giving golfing a whirl? Which ones does tiger woods like to use? I'll take those and those shoes and a membership to this course even though I might not be back till next year.

Being a hundred millionaire would be pretty fucking sweet
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I know I for one would never rent anything. Feel like boating once? I'll buy one. Trying skiing? Give me the best ones you have in the store. Giving golfing a whirl? Which ones does tiger woods like to use? I'll take those and those shoes and a membership to this course even though I might not be back till next year.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

True, but it's also true that the things you own end up owning you.

Comment

• Nvm.

Comment

Working...
                                X