Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    If you want to win, Kyle is better.
    If the roles were reversed. Like, put Lowry on the 2001 Raptors team. And put Vince on last year's Raptors team. Would the 2001 team even make the playoffs with Lowry as the main guy? if prime VC was on last year's team, that team would've made the Finals.

Lowry has won more than Vince because he has better teammates. MUCH better teammates.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      If the roles were reversed. Like, put Lowry on the 2001 Raptors team. And put Vince on last year's Raptors team. Would the 2001 team even make the playoffs with Lowry as the main guy? if prime VC was on last year's team, that team would've made the Finals.

Lowry has won more than Vince because he has better teammates. MUCH better teammates.
      I mean you're comparing a league where Allen Iverson shot 30 times a game at like 36% and dragged a team to the finals as a top 3 player to this current league.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I mean you're comparing a league where Allen Iverson shot 30 times a game at like 36% and dragged a team to the finals as a top 3 player to this current league.
        Do you think prime Lowry is a better player than prime Vince? yes or no.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Depends how you define "better". Are we talking about raw talent, worth ethic, desire to win, making players around him better, defensive fortitude, etc., or a combination of some/all?

This is why we're debating. There's a good argument for both players from different angles.

Comment

• Even if we summed it up as "Game 7, down by 1, who do you give the ball to?" I'd still be torn, although, I may lean towards Vince because I think he'd have an easier time creating a good look for himself.

Comment

No. But it's very close. Lowry is underrated and Vince was overrated. As s.r. said he was a top 15 player in Toronto not some generational superstar that many remember

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Depends how you define "better". Are we talking about raw talent, worth ethic, desire to win, making players around him better, defensive fortitude, etc., or a combination of some/all?

This is why we're debating. There's a good argument for both players from different angles.
                I'm talking about talent. Talent as a basketball player. That's it.

Vince Carter - In his prime was a true franchise player. A future 1st ballot hall of famer.

Kyle Lowry - 4x all star.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Vince Carter - In his prime was a true franchise player. A future 1st ballot hall of famer.

In terms of pure, innate talent, I'd put Vince ahead of Kobe

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    No. But it's very close. Lowry is underrated and Vince was overrated. As s.r. said he was a top 15 player in Toronto not some generational superstar that many remember
                    I don't think it's even close lol. One is a future 1st ballot of famer. And the other is a multiple time all star who....let's be honest....has no chance making thr HOF.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      In terms of pure, innate talent, I'd put Vince ahead of Kobe
                      I don't know about that. Kobe in his prime was like Jordan 2.0.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yes but what is the point of discussing talent because unless its fully utilized in game it means nothing. Lowry closes the gap on Vince because he gives 110% every game. Theres a graveyard of super talented guys, way more talented than Lowry, who never did shit in the nba

And yes career wise Vince obviously much better. He was really good by 20 where Lowry didn't reach his form until 28. We're comparing raptor peaks and they're not far off

Comment

Would the 2001 team even make the playoffs with Lowry as the main guy?
                          Yes. Lowry's combination of deadly long-range shooting, great playmaking and offensive initiating, defensive capabilities, and superb basketball IQ would help immensely in any era, in my opinion.

TRex wrote: View Post
                          if prime VC was on last year's team, that team would've made the Finals.
                          Also yes. But even more so if you're replacing DeMar with Vince instead of keeping DeMar and adding Vince. Your defense is only as good as its weakest link...

TRex wrote: View Post
                          And also because he actually wins his Game 7s in the second round.

Comment

I don't know about that. Kobe in his prime was like Jordan 2.0.
                            Yes, but prime Kobe was a result of meticulous study and hard work. Can't say the same about Vince's talent.

Comment

• To only factor in talent without factoring work ethic, drive, basketball IQ, team play, etc etc is doing disservice to evaluating the value of a basketball player on an NBA team

Comment

• DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
                                Yes. Lowry's combination of deadly long-range shooting, great playmaking and offensive initiating, defensive capabilities, and superb basketball IQ would help immensely in any era, in my opinion.

Also yes. But even more so if you're replacing DeMar with Vince instead of keeping DeMar and adding Vince. Your defense is only as good as its weakest link...

And also because he actually wins his Game 7s in the second round.
                                The fact that the 2001 Raptors team made it to the 2nd round really showed how great of a player Vince was. He carried that team SINGLEHANDEDLY.

He didn't have a DeRozan or a JV or bench that the Raptors had last year to play with. He mostly played with a bunch of scrubs.

Davis was a good player and he made the all star team that year as a replacement player but he was more of a rebounder and a defensive player. Oakley was past prime. JYD was nothing more than an energy guy. Curry was just a spot up shooter. And let's be honest Alvin Williams and MoPete are really backup players at best.

Again, replace Vince with Lowry. Would that team even make the playoffs? i highly doubt it.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X