Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I think you could sum up the tiers of our
      stars like this

(TBD obvs) top 5: Kawhi
      Borderline top 10: Vince, Bosh
      Top 15: Lowry
      Top 30: Derozan
      Ugh, equating Bosh (who was very good) with Vince's best years is nuts to me. Bosh's best season (2007-08) he ranked 17th in WS and 27th in VORP. He was not a top 10 player. It would be supremely generous to say Bosh was a borderline top 10 player at his peak. Far more generous than to say Vince was a top 5 player at his...
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think you could sum up the tiers of our
        stars like this

(TBD obvs) top 5: Kawhi
        Borderline top 10: Vince, Bosh
        Top 15: Lowry
        Top 30: Derozan
        I sort of agree with where your tiers are but I'd swap Lowry and Bosh actually. I think prime Lowry was a borderline top 10 player in the league.

Comment

• I think Demar was better than top 30. Let’s give him some credit here, he was an amazing player, especially last year. Sure he had his limitations but he was a valuable player with underrated strengths.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Ugh, equating Bosh (who was very good) with Vince's best years is nuts to me. Bosh's best season (2007-08) he ranked 17th in WS and 27th in VORP. He was not a top 10 player. It would be supremely generous to say Bosh was a borderline top 10 player at his peak. Far more generous than to say Vince was a top 5 player at his...
            I'm looking at the entire of body of work. For each of Vinces borderline top 5 years there was seasons wheres he even admitted he half assed it, stopped going to the rim and even game other teams our plays away. I can't gloss over that.

While Vince had way more talent and a higher ceiling, Bosh brought it consistently every year until he bolted to play with lebron James instead of andrea bargnani.

Vinces talent and ceiling is one of the great enigmas of the last generation of nba basketball. Should have been a top 5 player. Was a top 15 player with charisma and flash.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              I sort of agree with where your tiers are but I'd swap Lowry and Bosh actually. I think prime Lowry was a borderline top 10 player in the league.
              Yes he was but I'm kind of throwing in his breakout year and last year for a total weight. 2 years ago he was definitely a top 10 player
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm looking at the entire of body of work. For each of Vinces borderline top 5 years there was seasons wheres he even admitted he half assed it, stopped going to the rim and even game other teams our plays away. I can't gloss over that.

While Vince had way more talent and a higher ceiling, Bosh brought it consistently every year until he bolted to play with lebron James instead of andrea bargnani.

Vinces talent and ceiling is one of the great enigmas of the last generation of nba basketball. Should have been a top 5 player. Was a top 15 player with charisma and flash.
                OK, that's fine. You can disregard Vince's peak if you like because of his career as a whole, but Bosh was never borderline top 10 in the league. So no matter how long he was well below top 10, you don't get a lifetime achievement top 10 player at some point status.

I just want it to be clear that disregarding Vince's peak is what we are doing here if we are throwing away the notion that Vince was far better in his peak than any other Raptor ever was (until now), relative to the league around him.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What the hell??? That was the only thing getting me through this week!!! Why bother living at this point tbh...

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                    What the hell??? That was the only thing getting me through this week!!! Why bother living at this point tbh...

Where's the original source?
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I really don’t see the fuss about a Kawhi presser. He’s not gonna say anything of consequence. I’m just waiting to see him in uniform. Also, he’s our new guy and clearly he hates that kind of shit. Why are we so eager to put him through that? To what avail. I’ll be happy if he never gives a single interview and dominates on the court.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                        Where's the original source?
                        https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...tional-summer/

Comment

• Kawhi gets a favourable ranking compared to SI

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            I really don’t see the fuss about a Kawhi presser. He’s not gonna say anything of consequence. I’m just waiting to see him in uniform. Also, he’s our new guy and clearly he hates that kind of shit. Why are we so eager to put him through that? To what avail. I’ll be happy if he never gives a single interview and dominates on the court.
                            Agreed. I’m itching for the season to start. Pre-season even.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Kawhi gets a favourable ranking compared to SI

That's great, but Lowry outside the top 25 and DD at 17...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                That's great, but Lowry outside the top 25 and DD at 17...
                                I admittedly didn't look past Giannis, lol.

Blake Griffin? C'mon SiriusXM. You're better than this.

Comment

Working...
                                X