No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Lebron has had a press conference yet (I mean, other than for Space Jam 2)

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I certainly hope you're right. But the inner GLF in me would rather pay attention to Masai's trends, than league-wide trends.

Anyways, let's see how Monday goes.
      Want to look at Masai's trends? Let's look at the various players he traded for, and whether they had dedicated press conferences or just spoke to the media at the next team availability:

Kawhi Leonard/Danny Green: no press conference, just Masai talking to media
      Malachi Richardson: no press conference, just Masai talking to media
      PJ Tucker: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at team practice
      Serge Ibaka: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at team practice
      Lou Williams: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at summer league
      Nando de Colo: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at team practice
      Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes, Salmons: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at team practice

Masai usually doesn't make trades in the off-season, so there's that, but he's literally never held a press conference with players after a trade in his entire time here. He does one himself, and the players talk to the media basically whenever they normally would in typical basketball activity scrums. Which for Kawhi would mean... Masai doing a press conference himself (check) and Kawhi talking at media day.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Tobias Harris and SGA to Toronto for Kawhi. If he tells us he's not playing there's no way we reject that and tbh we probably get offered less.

Thibodeau reportedly doesn't want a rebuilding package. Could do Gallinari and Avery Bradley and eat Dieng's contract.
        Thanks.

Obviously, we have no idea what the Clips would be willing to offer or what Minnesota and Toronto would want in these hypotheticals.

But I feel like Toronto and Minnesota might be a better match to do some sort of trade than those Clipper deals. Especially, since Thibs doesn't want to rebuild.

Would Masai bet it all on this year. Do some kind of a Lowry for Butler swap? Would Thibs do that? Not sure but that might make more sense for both teams depending on what things look like with Butler and Kawhi.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
          Thanks.

Obviously, we have no idea what the Clips would be willing to offer or what Minnesota and Toronto would want in these hypotheticals.

But I feel like Toronto and Minnesota might be a better match to do some sort of trade than those Clipper deals. Especially, since Thibs doesn't want to rebuild.

Would Masai bet it all on this year. Do some kind of a Lowry for Butler swap? Would Thibs do that? Not sure but that might make more sense for both teams depending on what things look like with Butler and Kawhi.
          I doubt Masai lets Lowry go in such a trade. If you are grabbing Butler, you are going all in to win now, so Masai would be more likely to pitch Thibs on a few established non-star vets and some young talent rather than give up Lowry. Plus Lowry is a friend of Butler's, never hurts to have one of those on the team when trying to re-sign a guy.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Well doesnt seem like his uncle is going anywhere any time soon. Pushing back press conferences sounds like maintenance too me. How often has that happen under Masai's tenure?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Agree with Chr1s1anL here. Saying he's low maintenance, and then scheduling around him, doesn't necessarily align.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Want to look at Masai's trends? Let's look at the various players he traded for, and whether they had dedicated press conferences or just spoke to the media at the next team availability:

Kawhi Leonard/Danny Green: no press conference, just Masai talking to media
              Malachi Richardson: no press conference, just Masai talking to media
              PJ Tucker: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at team practice
              Serge Ibaka: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at team practice
              Lou Williams: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at summer league
              Nando de Colo: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at team practice
              Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes, Salmons: no press conference, just Masai talking to media, first availability at team practice

Masai usually doesn't make trades in the off-season, so there's that, but he's literally never held a press conference with players after a trade in his entire time here. He does one himself, and the players talk to the media basically whenever they normally would in typical basketball activity scrums. Which for Kawhi would mean... Masai doing a press conference himself (check) and Kawhi talking at media day.
              Malachi Richardson? Lol

C'mon now, you know very well I'm referring to high profile acquisitions. And no Greg Monroe doesn't count either.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Malachi Richardson? Lol

C'mon now, you know very well I'm referring to high profile acquisitions. And no Greg Monroe doesn't count either.
                OK, if we are referring to high profile trades, Serge Ibaka fits perfectly, and he didn't get a press conference. Besides him, there is no track record, so I'm not sure what Masai trends you are referring to.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd prefer not to trade Lowry either.. but if it comes down to Lowry for Butler (plus other pieces going back each way).. I'd probably still pull the trigger. I have enough faith in Fred that he could be our lead guard and Lowry replacement.

Just thinking about a match up with GSW:

Fred on Curry
                  Jimmy on Klay
                  Kawhi on KD
                  Siakam on Green
                  JV on Cousins

GSW would probably win.. but it would be a hard fought battle. Especially if we use Houston's playbook from last year.

If Jimmy and Kawhi leave.. well we save a year on Kyle's deal and rebuild sooner than later. If we can some how include Powell in the deal even better.

Comment

OK, if we are referring to high profile trades, Serge Ibaka fits perfectly, and he didn't get a press conference. Besides him, there is no track record, so I'm not sure what Masai trends you are referring to.
                    Ibaka was during the season. Later that summer when he resigned he had a press conference

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lowry for Butler is a no brainer. Raptors would be trading from a position of strength. Combo of Fred/Delon would be able to make up Lowry's production from last year. It also makes room for Norm in the rotation.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Sep 21, 2018, 11:22 AM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Drake added for shits & giggles

Comment

Lowry for Butler is a no brainer. Raptors would be trading from a position of strength. Combo of Fred/Delon would be able to make up Lowry's production from last year.

Ah, definitive proof you don't watch the Raptors play.

Seriously, man, how do you value Lowry so low? I love FVV and Delon, but they are not remotely on Lowry's level. I can see the argument that the upgrade to Butler is enough that you take the risk on the PG spot, but to say there's no drop off there...
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ibaka was during the season. Later that summer when he resigned he had a press conference

Yes, I know, I said that earlier. I was saying, Masai doesn't have a track record for off-season trades (besides Lou Williams, who didn't get a press conference), and the only track record he has with press conferences is that he uses them for major free agent signings and re-signings, and never with trades.

We can assume all we like, but if we are looking for an actual Masai track record to compare to, nothing there suggests we should have expected a press conference for Kawhi by now.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ah, definitive proof you don't watch the Raptors play.

Seriously, man, how do you value Lowry so low? I love FVV and Delon, but they are not remotely on Lowry's level. I can see the argument that the upgrade to Butler is enough that you take the risk on the PG spot, but to say there's no drop off there...
                              I watched the games. I saw a guy that cant consistently get by primary defender. Once he does get by that guy he cant finish at the rim. Lowry being probably the best at the intangibles makes up for a lot of that. The combination of Butler's impact and improvements of Fred/Delon outweigh the loss of Lowry.

Who do you think is the better player at this stage of thier career Butler or Lowry? I say Butler.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Sep 21, 2018, 11:34 AM.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I watched the games. I saw a guy that cant consistently get by primary defender. Once he does get by that guy he cant finish at the rim. Lowry being probably the best at the intangibles makes up for a lot of that. The combination of Butler's impact and improvements of Fred/Delon outweigh the loss of Lowry.

Who do you think is the better player at this stage of thier career Butler or Lowry? I say Butler.

Well, that's different from what you said. Yes, having Butler makes up for the downgrade at PG. That's a far better point.

But the point of getting Butler would be to upgrade the team significantly. To maximize that, you keep Lowry when you make the trade. And if you can't, the risks might not be worth the upside (which is mitigated by the loss of Lowry).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X