X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry/Ibaka for Butler/Gibson/Dieng works

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Well, that's different from what you said. Yes, having Butler makes up for the downgrade at PG. That's a far better point.

But the point of getting Butler would be to upgrade the team significantly. To maximize that, you keep Lowry when you make the trade. And if you can't, the risks might not be worth the upside (which is mitigated by the loss of Lowry).
      You'd be betting that Fred makes the leap. He's eerily similar to Lowry, with maybe better decision-making in pressure situations.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Lowry/Ibaka for Butler/Gibson/Dieng works
        The Wolves will want to shed salary, they are just above the tax line. That deal has them taking on 53M and sending out only 49M.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You'd be betting that Fred makes the leap. He's eerily similar to Lowry, with maybe better decision-making in pressure situations.
          It's a massive leap, is all. Heck, Fred is far more likely to get his sophomore slump this year than to make a leap, last year was his first real season as part of the rotation.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            The Wolves will want to shed salary, they are just above the tax line. That deal has them taking on 53M and sending out only 49M.
            Reports say Thibs wants to win now, not rebuild. He wants vets who can play. $4M difference shouldn't sway things. They could add filler.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Lol Brady is fake news.
              Yeah who the heck is this guy? Like, I thought it was already known that this week was just tentative and it had already been pushed to Monday, so I don't get what the news is here. Sounds like just speculation not based on any new fact (as he actually put it as a "disclaimer" on his tweet). When people are antsy they think every sneeze is pneumonia.

If anything all this fussing can turn off players even more. Like, do a media day right before the season with everyone new and old to show them as team, then go play ball. That's it.

Comment

Lowry/Ibaka for Butler/Gibson/Dieng works
                If we're including Lowry one of Ibaka or Powell need to go back to Minny. So I'd do this. Although Thibs loves Taj so I doubt he'd be available.

Comment

• Would Lowry/Powell for Butler/Teague work?

ESPN Trade machine says it won't. Butler has a 5% Trade Kicker, but does he still have that considering it was used in the Chicago/Minny trade last year?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    If we're including Lowry one of Ibaka or Powell need to go back to Minny. So I'd do this. Although Thibs loves Taj so I doubt he'd be available.
                    Yeah, that's the other thing, no way Thibs trades Gibson.

Can't see a deal where Ibaka and Lowry go out. If we're including Lowry and want some cap relief in the deal, we do Lowry and Powell for Butler/Teague/Tolliver. Teague isn't great, but he can play backup behind FVV, and if Butler walks we save 20M next year even if Teague opts in (he has a PO). Saves us salary long term, saves them enough short term to get them under the tax.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Would Lowry/Powell for Butler/Teague work?

ESPN Trade machine says it won't. Butler has a 5% Trade Kicker, but does he still have that considering it was used in the Chicago/Minny trade last year?
                      Nah, Butler's trade kicker is over with, having already received the bump.

The deal works, but I think the Raps should take on another filler to help the Wolves shed short term salary (since they are taking on our long term salary).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey I hope you put $500 down on Butler being in Minny on October 16th at +100 like I said
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Joey I hope you put $500 down on Butler being in Minny on October 16th at +100 like I said
                          Every trade involving a star player starts with 'no effing way' from the front office.

Comment

• Comment

• Wow some of you need to put on a helmet when interneting. People legitimately worried Bulter AND Kawhi will go to clippers BEFORE the season based on those bs tweets from that greg guy. The presser literally just got rescheduled. That is all. My goodness.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Masai did a press conference with Cory Joseph.

But yeah let's make stuff up instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X