Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

is this so hard? why can't our media get their shit together
    That was awesome. Interesting to hear Kawhi say that hasn't talked to others "as much as he would like to" ... our boys better embrace the fuck out of him ... that came out wrong ... but you know what I mean.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        lol i cannot believe how ppl are going in on this mans laugh smh
        Dude no one has ever heard a robot laugh with such realism before

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Dude no one has ever heard a robot laugh with such realism before
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            Now THAT's how you conduct an interview. Miles ahead of some of these amateur reporters had to show today. You could tell you can get just as much if not more from the person you're interviewing when you ask the right questions the right way.
            Absolutely... that was textbook. Sounded like a hockey player interview, tbh. He said all the right things and gave them absolutely nothing to negative to shoot at. Perfect start.

Comment

• It's refreshing when an interviewer actually asks basketball related questions.

Comment

• Very good interview and very good answers. Kawhi comes across as a very thoughtful, sincere and straight ahead guy/ Best of all possible worlds if your goal is to show him why he should stay. Masai hit the nail on the head when he said that the Raptors job wasn't to sell Kawhi on Toronto. Their job was to show him the organization, the staff, the fans and the city and then Kawhi could sell himself on the city.

Comment

• It still floors me that the guy we heard today is the same guy that asked out from San Antonio the way he did. Just feels like two completely different people. The Kawhi I saw today seems to be genuine, down to earth and all business.

Something really nasty must have gone down between him and Pops/Buford. A story we might never truly know.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    That thing is expensive, unnecessary...and AWESOME. Exactly the type of shit I would do with NBA money
                    yeah, must be a real treat for the actual fish that have to live in it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      It still floors me that the guy we heard today is the same guy that asked out from San Antonio the way he did. Just feels like two completely different people. The Kawhi I saw today seems to be genuine, down to earth and all business.

Something really nasty must have gone down between him and Pops/Buford. A story we might never truly know.
                      I don't know, I don't recall seeing him say a single word directly to the media about wanting out of San Antonio. Every interview I've ever seen him give has been more or less like what he did today.

It was the endless media speculation and the hamfisted intentional "leaks" from Uncle Dennis that really tarnished his image, in my opinion. I think he is a quiet, private guy who didn't want to face all the questions about the Spurs rift, so he let his uncle handle it, and it backfired spectacularly.

That said, I still don't think we know anything about his long-term motivations. I'm glad he showed up and was professional but we'll just have to cross our fingers until he signs on the dotted line.

Comment

• On Kawhi Leonard:

An interesting comment made by George centered around Kawhi Leonard and their friendship. George told him to stay open to his current situation (with Raptors). PG13 noted both players had planned on going home to play in California, but things changed. That comment cements just how much the original intention was for Paul George to go home and play for the Lakers.
                        https://thunderousintentions.com/201...-this-is-home/
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

is this so hard? why can't our media get their shit together
                          Actual basketball questions instead of putting the team and city down in front of him and airing the media's insecurities. Doesn't seem too difficult does it?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Uh this thread is about the majestic Kawhi Leonard, not Jimmy Butler.

That laugh is hilarious
                            Kinda Eddie Murphy-ish

Comment

• George knows first hand how rowdy our fans are in the playoffs
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                It still floors me that the guy we heard today is the same guy that asked out from San Antonio the way he did. Just feels like two completely different people. The Kawhi I saw today seems to be genuine, down to earth and all business.

Being in business a long time, I tend to be cynical and follow the money.

The story that's been vastly un-reported here (Jalen Rose mentioned it a few times in passing) is that San Antonio never actually offered the super max contract to Kawhi. My personal spit-ball theory is that the Spurs were hoping to get Kawhi take less than the super max, in part because of the uncertainty how well he'd come back from the injury. But at the same time, the Spurs were pushing Kawhi to get back onto the court: to (a) make a push to the playoffs & (b) gauge how healthy he actually was before committing serious long-term $$ to him. That's like talking out of both sides of your mouth and if true, Kawhi and Uncle D would have been fully justified to lose trust in the Spurs front office, trying to low-ball him. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili set the precedent of superstars sacrificing and taking less to give the front office flexibility, but I don't think Kawhi and his banker uncle were on board with that.

Again, complete posterior extraction on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 'real story' comes out later and it has a little something to do with money (surprise, surprise).

Comment

Working...
                                X