Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Being in business a long time, I tend to be cynical and follow the money.

The story that's been vastly un-reported here (Jalen Rose mentioned it a few times in passing) is that San Antonio never actually offered the super max contract to Kawhi. My personal spit-ball theory is that the Spurs were hoping to get Kawhi take less than the super max, in part because of the uncertainty how well he'd come back from the injury. But at the same time, the Spurs were pushing Kawhi to get back onto the court: to (a) make a push to the playoffs & (b) gauge how healthy he actually was before committing serious long-term $$ to him. That's like talking out of both sides of your mouth and if true, Kawhi and Uncle D would have been fully justified to lose trust in the Spurs front office, trying to low-ball him. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili set the precedent of superstars sacrificing and taking less to give the front office flexibility, but I don't think Kawhi and his banker uncle were on board with that.

Again, complete posterior extraction on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 'real story' comes out later and it has a little something to do with money (surprise, surprise).
    Judging by the press conference today, Kawhi seems like a pretty intelligent guy who assess things before making a decision, there was more than just hurt feelings going around.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Actual basketball questions instead of putting the team and city down in front of him and airing the media's insecurities. Doesn't seem too difficult does it?
      i just saw this steve framed the will you be raptor question well and kawai was a a little more comfortable answering it than this morning

Comment

• Comment

• goldblum wrote: View Post
          the best.

Comment

• So....

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              So....

So what?! He was upset, it was summer time (vacation away from work) got over it, showed up on time to his press conference and reaffirmed his commitment to the team. At this point other then a little bit of drama, there is nothing there. Kyle has always been a moody fellow at times.

Comment

So....

Wouldn't surprise me. Don't care.
                What really matters to me now that Kawhi is in town and training camp has opened is he shows up in great shape ready to mesh with the "new team" and put all the buddy stuff behind him during this championship season.

Comment

So....

Depends who the “sources” are. Only ones who should even be aware that Kyle hasn’t been answering his phone are the ones who tried to contact him, and you know Masai and Nurse won’t leak anything.

Lowry said it himself, he keeps to himself in the off-season. This off season is just a “bigger deal” because Demar is gone, and we got Kawhi and a new coach.

It will become a big deal if the locker room starts becoming a problem, until then I’m not gonna worry.

Comment

• God I hate clickbait. The casual/simple fan reads that and now Kyle is a troubled locker room cancer
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      So what?! He was upset, it was summer time (vacation away from work) got over it, showed up on time to his press conference and reaffirmed his commitment to the team. At this point other then a little bit of drama, there is nothing there. Kyle has always been a moody fellow at times.
                      $30M just doesn't get what it used to. But seriously, dodging calls? GTFO here, if true. Oldest guy on the team is 32 going on 13.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        God I hate clickbait. The casual/simple fan reads that and now Kyle is a troubled locker room cancer
                        You never know.

Comment

$30M just doesn't get what it used to. But seriously, dodging calls? GTFO here, if true. Oldest guy on the team is 32 going on 13.
                          Who knows if he was dodging calls on purpose, dude was on vacation as well as practicing in the summer time. He isn't obligated to do much of anything when its his time off. Go have your company bother you on vacation and see how warm up you will be to talking about things you really don't want to talk about now.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Who knows if he was dodging calls on purpose, dude was on vacation as well as practicing in the summer time. He isn't obligated to do much of anything when its his time off. Go have your company bother you on vacation and see how warm up you will be to talking about things you really don't want to talk about now.
                            If my "company" was paying me $30M US (real dollars) per year to play NBA basketball, first of all, I'd remain single until my playing days were over. nudge-wink. Secondly, I'd carry 1 phone for each Raptors front executive and owner that needed to reach me, day or night. Yes, Masai. No, Masai. But hey, that's just me.

Comment

If my "company" was paying me $30M US (real dollars) per year to play NBA basketball, first of all, I'd remain single until my playing days were over. nudge-wink. Secondly, I'd carry 1 phone for each Raptors front executive and owner that needed to reach me, day or night. Yes, Masai. No, Masai. But hey, that's just me.
                              Ah so you're one of those yes men types
                              Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Sep 25, 2018, 04:04 PM.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Masai can't fire him. He can trade him but it's not like Masai can take those 30 mil back
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X