Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    The whole Kwai laugh fiasco reminded me of being a young kid in public school and others making fun of someone for something like that.
    It's so childish. But u know the media they'll do anything for a story.
    Good on him for not having a Twitter account. I was listening to the radio the other day and it was brought out how there are a growing number of athletes suffering from depression. They believe social media has contributed somewhat to it.
    Interestingly Sid Crosby doesnt have any social media.

Maybe youve heard all this b4 but I think it doesnt help things.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that athletes get depressed about social media. Most people can't help but read the comments and you'd just see endless bitching from annoymous assholes about how you suck or ruined their fantasy team. I don't have social media and I wouldn't if I was a pro-athlete. Good on Kawhi and Sid.

Comment

• https://ca.nba.com/news/kawhi-leonar...o1911iq7rpouig

"He's looking great," Boucher told NBA Canada. "He has so many ways to score and he has so many ways to change his speed... it's at a point that you can't really tell if he's going to lay it up or shoot it.

"He's looking like an MVP...the guy is a two-way player - plays defence plays offence - he has a good IQ."

"And he helps us too. People say he's quiet but he'll give (advice) if he sees something that will help you, he'll say it. That's what we need especially with him coming from the (San Antonio) Spurs and a championship team there's so much that we can learn from him and Danny (Green).
      "I look at it as a day to day process. My focus is this year. If you look at the future you're going to trip over the present."

- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Where are all the interviews tho?

The Raptors youtube channel hasn't posted a single player interview since media day.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
          Where are all the interviews tho?

The Raptors youtube channel hasn't posted a single player interview since media day.
          on raptors. com
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

You can find them on raptors.com.. only found two though. One by Nurse and the other by Lowry.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Raptors are marketing Kawhi completely different from Spurs.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

His hands make him look like an alien

Comment

Raptors are marketing Kawhi completely different from Spurs.
                    That's a good thing. What were the Spurs doing? Promoting take out?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Raptors have Kawhi Leonard..

Like holy hell what in the actual fuck lol
                      Just wait, it gets better. In a few months you'll be like:

Raptors have a championship..

Like holy hell what in the actual fuck lol

Comment

They did post interviews from each of the first three days of camp. They’ve taken them down for some reason, maybe to try to drive traffic to the team’s new app instead, which has all the videos posted.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          By any psychological impact measure, social media is pretty much bad for everyone. Different platforms have different impacts, interestingly. Instagram users report the highest rate of feeling disatisfied with themselves, for example. Anyone into politics on Twitter is more or less perpetually stressed out.

If I were a pro athlete I would absolutely avoid all social media all the time. Forget building your brand, the vitriol aimed at public figures is insane.
                          Social media is going to be for us what smoking was for people 40 - 50 years ago. Near-universal use, and very destructive.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Raptors are marketing Kawhi completely different from Spurs.
                            I feel like with the Spurs from a marketing p.o.v. he was to some extent just like a remarkable and curious, amazingly skilled, afterthought to the Big 3 they already had. Even when he became an MVP candidate in his own right. Already he's the star of the show for us and hasn't even played a game yet. Which is awesome anyways.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Social media is going to be for us what smoking was for people 40 - 50 years ago. Near-universal use, and very destructive.

It'll be interesting to see whether in 10-20 years it will be so strictly regulated as smoking became in countries like Canada. Warning ads covering half your facebook feed; Health Canada alerts popping up after 10 minute intervals on Youtube. "No social media use within 9 metres of this entrance." As silly as it sounds it might not be the worst idea. I think it was largely through greater public awareness that smoking rates dropped precipitously in the West...

Or whether it just becomes the new normal for everyone to be glued to their devices all the time for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
                                Or whether it just becomes the new normal for everyone to be glued to their devices all the time for the foreseeable future.
                                In the future, social media will be glued to our eyeballs, literally.

Comment

Working...
                                X