No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the jersey.. I'll be getting one of those 2019 Toronto Raptors NBA champ t-shirts they give out after the finals instead.

Comment

• I love his hesitation forward into a step back move.. its just so smooth.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        I love his hesitation forward into a step back move.. its just so smooth.
        Oh my god. So dirty. Couldn’t watch the game and watched the highlights. That move he used a couple times out at the three point line is RIDICULOUS. Looks so freakin fast.

Comment

• What are the chances of Kawhi simply not opting out of his last year? What if he opts in, and decides to give the Raptors one last run before making a decision in 2020? Possible? Or so ridiculous it's not even worth discussing?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            What are the chances of Kawhi simply not opting out of his last year? What if he opts in, and decides to give the Raptors one last run before making a decision in 2020? Possible? Or so ridiculous it's not even worth discussing?
            Not a snowball’s chance in hell.

He’ll be taking the money on a new contract. In Toronto.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              Not a snowball’s chance in hell.

He’ll be taking the money on a new contract. In Toronto.
              What if the snowball had like a CLAW-sized force field, protecting it from hell's elements?

I agree it's highly, highly, highly (did I say mention, "highly"?) unlikely, but if there's 1 player in the league unique enough to lay his own path, it's Leonard.

Comment

What if the snowball had like a CLAW-sized force field, protecting it from hell's elements?

I agree it's highly, highly, highly (did I say mention, "highly"?) unlikely, but if there's 1 player in the league unique enough to lay his own path, it's Leonard.
                This is my same thought. Money clearly isn't a priority. He turned down $170 million, instead demanding to be traded to organizations that won't win for awhile.

If he's happy here, Raptors reach ECF/Finals, he'll stay, not mention he could make the most money here in Toronto with the 5th year as opposed to signing elsewhere. Plus, Toronto is under-the-radar every year attention-wise regardless of how good they are, even with Kawhi. Being in Canada, they're nowhere near the media-mess that either L.A. franchise is.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• From some of what I read over the summer.. Kawhi's biggest deal was family. Meaning his kid. His baby mamma lives out West, and his close circle of friends are over there too. That's why he wanted to go to LA. It wasn't for the money or for "winning".

Masai and the Raptors need to make him feel like this can be his home. Let's hope his family likes it here. I mean Canada fricken rocks.. who wouldn't want to be here?

Comment

• I can't believe how timely his buckets are. It feels like anytime the opposing team gets a run, Kawhi hits a clutch bucket. So poised.

I didn't catch a ton of Spurs games when he played, other than playoffs and the occasional game against the rappies, but did he complain to the refs as much?

I feel like he might be experiencing some of the conspiracy theory calls, that the NBA doesn't want us to be good, calls against him. Hopefully with wins (or maybe just shaking off the rust), those go away as well.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      From some of what I read over the summer.. Kawhi's biggest deal was family. Meaning his kid. His baby mamma lives out West, and his close circle of friends are over there too. That's why he wanted to go to LA. It wasn't for the money or for "winning".

Masai and the Raptors need to make him feel like this can be his home. Let's hope his family likes it here. I mean Canada fricken rocks.. who wouldn't want to be here?
                      I'd be selling the fact that he can still have his "home" in Cali during the off season, and that the Raptors will take care of his family during the 6-8 months of the NBA season.

Work in Toronto, live in Cali. Best of both worlds.

Comment

What are the chances of Kawhi simply not opting out of his last year? What if he opts in, and decides to give the Raptors one last run before making a decision in 2020? Possible? Or so ridiculous it's not even worth discussing?
                        Even if all of those motivations held true, there's no way he'd opt in. He'd just opt out and sign a 1+1 with a player option for the max, getting himself an extra 10M for his trouble plus a year of insurance.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Even then, it's about as likely as a waterfall flowing uphill.....

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                            I can't believe how timely his buckets are. It feels like anytime the opposing team gets a run, Kawhi hits a clutch bucket. So poised.

I didn't catch a ton of Spurs games when he played, other than playoffs and the occasional game against the rappies, but did he complain to the refs as much?

I feel like he might be experiencing some of the conspiracy theory calls, that the NBA doesn't want us to be good, calls against him. Hopefully with wins (or maybe just shaking off the rust), those go away as well.
                            Plus, plus, plus one. I had posted something about DeRozan being a throwaway scorer vs. points in timely fashion. Kawhi's buckets matter so much. He understands the flow and the impact of his shots throughout the game. Makes the right choice almost every time.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              Plus, plus, plus one. I had posted something about DeRozan being a throwaway scorer vs. points in timely fashion. Kawhi's buckets matter so much. He understands the flow and the impact of his shots throughout the game. Makes the right choice almost every time.
                              To quote the inimitable Demo Shift....... empty calories.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                                I can't believe how timely his buckets are. It feels like anytime the opposing team gets a run, Kawhi hits a clutch bucket. So poised.

When looking at Kawhi's on and off-court behavior you have to remember his position in Toronto is very different from what it was in San Antonio. Here he's one of the most experienced guys and a leader if not the leader (after Lowry) on the team. In San Antonio, even though he was their best player by the end, he was still a secondary voice in the locker room because of the stature of guys like Tony, Manu, Duncan, etc.

That's why Danny Green said he'd never heard him be so vocal. Depending on one's environment, one's status and responsibility within the group changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X